• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiKerot

So the leak yesterday was true after all. Yoshino. FML. At least Hashimoto should deliver some pretty awesome effects animation cuts for key action scenes. I like Masunari though, even though Magi is really far from anything else he has ever directed. I wonder what it'll be like...

If Guilty Crown wasn't a thing, I'd say that you guys are being far too down on Yoshino.

Godammit, Guilty Crown.

fertygo

Welp, glad I wasn't on this hype train otherwise I would have blown my brains out at this news. I have absolutely no faith in this show now. Hiroyuki failed to adapt even a C-class manga (Dance in the Vampire Bund) properly so I expect this to be just as bad.

They decide to make unfaithful adaptation, Even Shinbo saying that, the mangaka want alternative story of it. that's different.. Geez put more faith

The past info about they want to focus to Balbaad arc was already put assurance the script not gonna differing from the manga, as long its does, everything gonna work.

Jarmel

Banned
They decide to make unfaithful adaptation, Even Shinbo saying that, the mangaka want alternative story of it. that's different.. Geez put more faith

I'm aware of that. Still garbage. Hell, it was somehow worse. The man is a hack, straight-up.

Taruranto

I'm honestly trying to decide if Guilty Crown or Star Driver is worse and I can't pick between the two.

Oh, come on.

Sure, SD wasn't good, but at the end of the day it's just a repetitive anime with a meh plot and a lot of fabulous going on. Far better than shit like, dunno, SAO or generic harem #5454. I'd even say, it had few decent sub-plots like
the twins' story.

Guilty Crown, on on the hand, was so bad that it was almost offensive.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh, come on.

Sure, SD wasn't good, but at the end of the day it's just a repetitive anime with a meh plot and a lot of fabulous going on. Far better than shit like, dunno, SAO or generic harem #5454.

Guilty Crown, on on the hand, was so bad that it was almost offensive.

Star Driver was boring with no real plot progression until the very end and even then there is a reset. There's extremely little character development as well, which just creates this static atmosphere. Guilty Crown was atleast entertaining. Any time I have to choose between boring and entertainingly bad, I will choose entertainingly bad every time. That said, it's really hard to judge between the two because of how fucking awful they both are.

Westlo

If Guilty Crown wasn't a thing, I'd say that you guys are being far too down on Yoshino.

Godammit, Guilty Crown.

Yoshino got a lot of hate way before Guilty Crown... GC just intensified the hate. My-Hime, Mai-Otome, Macross Frontier, Code Geass, involved a lot in SEED, the writer for the manga of Seikon no Qwaser etc. I enjoyed quite a few of the shows I've listed even those ones had some glaring faults.. the only work of his that I liked without complaint was Denpa teki na Kanojo... and for all I know he did a proper adaptation of the light novels..

Taruranto

Star Driver was boring with no real plot progression until the very end and even then there is a reset. There's extremely little character development as well, which just creates this static atmosphere. Guilty Crown was atleast entertaining. Any time I have to choose between boring and entertainingly bad, I will choose entertainingly bad every time. That said, it's really hard to judge between the two because of how fucking awful they both are.

I'm all for trainwrecks (fuck yeah R2!), but GC didn't even manage to do that right imo. :(

It was just... bad. "I want to rip my eyeballs out" bad.
Shoe...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Oh wow that is infinitely worse. You would have to drop out of school for the time being.

After some brief research, the next arc is the one where they spontaneously lose all self control, the third arc is the age one, and it seems like they only age downwards.

Defuser

I think most people are (were?) expecting Magi to be legit good, tho.

Magi is a good manga. Having a screenwriter like Hiroyuki Yoshino to translate into a anime is a bad thing. But since the author of Magi is also contributing still kinda gives hope.

TGM ranks?

Argh you found my weakness ... i still haven't finished the 5th level of tetris extreme

The one where the whole screen is blacked out and you have to continue playing at max speed while credits rolls
When i'll do that i'll feel like A tetris master

-----

38uzJl.jpg

waoh ... yuru yuri fan out of there ..

They actually tried to do things like in the anime.

This needs a sequel with akarin sister Well , no it was horrible
EDIT : Well no YUri in that
For some SFW links as to what they copied ripped off the anime

http://i.imgur.com/38uzJl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aOy68l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7cSUXl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NOgmhl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6e2gEl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WyvzPl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/16Auxl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UUXkcl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NUPvxl.jpg

All links are safe for work

Cwarrior

Series Composition: Yoshino Hiroyuki

Staff in:
Accel World (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-5, 12, 16)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) : Series Composition (Assistant), Screenplay (eps 12-13, 19)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (TV) : Series Composition (assistant)
Dance in the Vampire Bund (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-7, 10-12)
Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor (TV) : Scenario (eps 2-3)
Denpa teki na Kanojo (OAV) : Series Composition, Screenplay
Fractale (TV) : Script (eps 7, 9)
Gear Fighter Dendoh (TV) : Screenplay (10 episodes)
Gekito! Crush Gear Turbo (TV) : Script
Guilty Crown (TV) : Series Composition, Script (13 episodes)
IDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA (TV) : Script (eps 6, 11-12)
Macross Frontier (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-3), Theme Song Lyrics ("Choujikku Hanten Nyan-Nyan")
Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime (movie) : Screenplay
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed (TV) : Scenario (14 episodes)
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny (TV) : Script (9 episodes)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (movie) : Key Animation
My-Hime (manga) : Organization Cooperation
My-HiME (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-15, 17-22)
My-Otome (manga) : Scenario
My-Otome (TV) : Series Composition, Screenplay
My-Otome Zwei (OAV) : Series Composition, Scenario (eps 1-4)
(The) Qwaser of Stigmata (manga) : Story
Qwaser of Stigmata (TV) : Original creator (story)
Seikon no Qwaser II (TV) : Original creator (story)
Sound of the Sky (TV) : Series Composition, Script (14 episodes)
Toaru Majutsu no Index (movie) : Script
VITA Sexualis (manga) : Story

c62a3ff1dd19.gif

damagecontrolman.jpeg

magi is already written so along his he fellows the manga i think it should be fine, all is still well.

Not to cut into the Magi hype/despair, but an anime for manga series Aku no Hana has also been confirmed, directed by Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushishi, Detroit Metal City).

aku no hana is great but it's one of those manga that shouldn't get an anime adaptation, I have little faith it would translate over well into an anime.

Just thinking about stuff like the anime voice cast already hurts my ears.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Argh you found my weakness ... i still haven't finished the 5th level of tetris extreme

The one where the whole screen is blacked out and you have to continue playing at max speed while credits rolls
When i'll do that i'll feel like A tetris master
Know how to get on IRC? We should talk.

Reknoc

The past info about they want to focus to Balbaad arc was already put assurance the script not gonna differing from the manga, as long its does, everything gonna work.

But, they also said there will be changes.

Narag

SD Gundam Gaiden 4

Probably the weakest episode as most of the clever visual humor had been exhausted so it couldn't cover for the story. I liked this but I couldn't really recommend it to someone unless they found the idea of watching someone play a fantasy JRPG featuring UC SD Gundam stuff for two hours.

d6Hys.png

So Char was disguised as the Hyaku Shiki all this time. One mystery solved, one remains. Namely, why the hell did he have kitty ears?

Kazzy

I found this pic., Its probably super old but holy shit, its true!

Persona 4 The Animation and Kids on the Slope, beg to differ!

Convenient seating has to be a trope at this point.

....Yep. It looks as though tvtropes has it covered already.

Cwarrior

Hunter x hunter 41

Shiiiitt am hyped, it begins again

Phantom troupe is one of the best arcs in anime, it's sweet to have such a amazing arc animated once more, I hope they do it justice and go all out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom