• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe 05:

- brlblrbrbrlbrlblblblblblblb
- tanuki tail scarves
- hooker girl with a very valid question about tea
- queen of the "slums". suuuuuuuuuuuure.
- really firm handshakes
- kneading dat blubber
-
BROTHER? (brother... brother... brother...)

Is it a hobo box or a cute kitten box?
My sources tell me that this is, in fact, a candid photo taken of Duckroll and the box in question.
jf954b1DhW6ar.jpg

wonzo

Banned
One Off OVA 1-2

It looks like Junichi Sato's Honda backed OVA series started airing before the BD's are released. It's pretty much moe girls riding around on moe motor-scooters being :firehawk* as fuck. Oh, and there's this Australian motorcycle tourist with massive melons so this is straight up :chet**'s alley! It's pretty good as it scratched that almost painful Sato SOL itch that's stuck around since there's no new Tamayura to watch. :(

I don't know if only two episodes were planned from the beginning but I definitely want more.

*tl note: :firehawk means "mono no aware**"

***tl note tl note: "mono no aware" means "literally "the pathos of things", and also translated as "an empathy toward things", or "a sensitivity to ephemera", is a Japanese term used to describe the awareness of impermanence, or transience of things, and a gentle sadness (or wistfulness) at their passing."​

**tl note2: :chet means "oppai****"

****tl note2 tl note: oppai means "big titties"​

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe 06:

- correspondence through bad poetry
- Ralph's so cute that I forget about the underage yaoi!
- suddenly, sheep
- X-ACTO KATANAS
- fucking decompression, how does it work?
- GET. IN. MAH. POCKET.

I have some gifs to make now.

Toriko 60something

Essentially an epilogue to the gourmet pyramid arc. We get some info on the Nitro as well as what the Gourmet Corp's been up to. IIRC, we should be getting close to a pretty big tease, but something to build anticipation for future events. Then it's pretty uneventful for a while unfortunately.

Is the animation actually that atrocious?

It's not quite that bad. Toei does cut a lot of corners for the show outside of fights, but it never gets to clipshow tier.

Thoraxes

Yeah, Denpa Onna makes all kinds of other references too. There's that one scene where they are racing down the hill on a bike as a nod to The Girl who Leapt Through Time or the ending changes in the one episode as a nod to E.T.

You remember that one episode of Utena, I think it was 16, with Nanami and the cow and there is a song playing called Dona Dona?
Well in Episode 11 Maekawa asks if she can ride in Makoto's bike basket and then he asks her what it's like to which she replies something like "I feel like a cow being carried away in a wagon", or something like that anyway. Makoto then responds "Dona Dona Do"

There's a bunch more references, many of which I think Meme herself drops. Someone's probably created a wiki cataloging all of them.

Thanks for the gif too :)
Wow, the things I never thought to put together...

Clearly this show was much deeper in reference material than I had originally thought. I had no clue about all of that, though i've seen the reference material. Crazy.

Makes me want to watch a lot more carefully into shows.

Binbougami ga 07

I really liked how fast the pace was for this episode. Didn't feel like the stories were taking too long, got good laughs and references in both stories. I do like it where Sakura and Momiji are doing stuff together. Seems like there's much more possibilities than just fighting against each other.

Saint Seiya Omega 19

Wait, so
all of Shiryu's senses are gone?
Is that what happened at the end of the original series? Well that sucks.

Speaking of which, Shiryu's fight against the Perseus cloth dude was SOOOOOOOOO much better than his wimpy son's. It's basically
"I can focus my dumb overpowered attack into a single point"
vs
"I CAN RIP OUT MY FUCKIN EYES SO YOUR DUMBSHIT SHIELD DOESN'T TURN ME TO STONE"
. I guess they at least attempted a strategy here, making it slightly less asspullish than most things in the franchise.

Ending was cool also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom