• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Konbini Kareshi Ep. 10

The artwork on this show is still the best part. At least they are finally back working on the main ship this week, but that ending.... Not fair at all... Dude needed to man up sooner.

"Go read the LN" ending incoming...

You can't even if you wanted to unless you read moonrunes because its not translated.

I mean, by the time they got around to making more, assuming they covered the same amount of material, they could make more. I doubt it would happen. Then again, sometimes studios get bored and greenlight second seasons of the most random shit they can find, so IDK.

I'm not sure how much story you'd expect to ever actually occur anyways. It's Gamers. One of the characters was convinced his girlfriend was cheating on him with his best friend and he never treated it seriously even once.

Lain

Classroom of the Elite ep.10

Panty thief, yawn.

Here's my expectation of this arc:
The girl from class C was beaten and forced to stay with class D, essentually keeping class C on the island with just her there mooching off class D... everyone be shocked!

Sad if true...

I expect
her and the other guy from class C with Class B to act as spies to find who the leaders are. I also expect prince charming from class D to be the panty thief for some reason.

Cornbread78

I expect
her and the other guy from class C with Class B to act as spies to find who the leaders are. I also expect prince charming from class D to be the panty thief for some reason.

Sounds plausable as well. Probably a combination of both all plotted out by
that abusive douche from class c

You can't even if you wanted to unless you read moonrunes because its not translated.

I'm not sure how much story you'd expect to ever actually occur anyways. It's Gamers. One of the characters was convinced his girlfriend was cheating on him with his best friend and he never treated it seriously even once.

Oh well, lol. I don't bother getting my hopes up for LN sequels.

Gamers Episode 10

Only two more episodes. The ending ん made me laugh pretty hard.
Wow they really are pushing Konoha in these episodes pretty hard.

Can I get like, a few top-3's to watch from this season cause I have no earthly idea what's been good and what hasn't and I've watched absolutely nothing from this season so far.

LotusHD

Banned
Can I get like, a few top-3's to watch from this season cause I have no earthly idea what's been good and what hasn't and I've watched absolutely nothing from this season so far.

Rage of Bahamut - Virgin Soul (Preceded by Rage of Bahamut, basically Season 1)
My Hero Academia Season 2

phaze

Mahoujin Guru Guru
Made in Abyss
Princess Principal
Gamers
Aho Girl
Tsurezure Children

Seem to have garnered the most positive reception. Can vouch for the first one. The last two are pretty good shorts.

Edit:+Gamers

Narag

Aho Girl
Tsurezure Children

Seem to have garnered the most positive reception. Can vouch for the first one. The last two are pretty good shorts.

haly was trying to get me to watch Tsurezure Children but all he had to do was mention it was a short which he did not so I didn't watch it

Ascheroth

Made in Abyss
My Hero Academia S2
Princess Principal
Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
Symphogear AXZ

Jarmel

Banned
HxH Phantom Rouge-

Completely disposable trash. Not to mention some of the TV episodes visually looked better than this.

Man they can't even let Kurapika have his own movie.

Jintor

tsuredure children 10

the big nerd who intuitively understands that his role is as the best wingman of all time is the best

wait no goda and ayaka are the best

wait no these two idiots who are best friends and trying to get together are also the best

Cornbread78

Gamers ep.10
0lKA5PQ.png
Did anyone else get a kick out of the whole Star Ocean discussion? Where's my NA version of SO2 on Vita?

Anyhow, the passive-aggressive geek-harem show is still very entertaining..

Kyuur

tsuredure children 10

the big nerd who intuitively understands that his role is as the best wingman of all time is the best

wait no goda and ayaka are the best

wait no these two idiots who are best friends and trying to get together are also the best

Probably one of the best episodes yet, a trifecta.

Taruranto

Gamers ep.10

Did anyone else get a kick out of the whole Star Ocean discussion? Where's my NA version of SO2 on Vita?

Anyhow, the passive-aggressive geek-harem show is still very entertaining..

Why did they decide to praise Star Ocean of all games? They were doing so well until now.

Cornbread78

Why did they decide to praise Star Ocean of all games? They were doing so well until now.

I still love the music, setting and battle system for SO, so I'll always buy it day 1.

It's a shame the franchise is probably dead now, and SE will never localize the Vita version of SO2.... @#$%#$^#%^

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Assuming you are not being sarcastic... It feels weird for us to agree on something. Though the good show statement must also come with a diabetes warning.

Though the show also knows how to be serious and sad at times.

I own the original Kaleido Star DVD box sets from when it was first released in the US. Good series.

Trigger has a clear identity and love for their craft as a studio. A-1 Pictures is just an anime factory that polishes poop such as Aldnoha Zero, Sword Art Online, Asterisk War, etc.

A1 forever gets a pass from me because of Ookiku Furikabutte. It's unfortunate they were too early and can't take advantage of the recent sports anime kick we've seen the last few years, we may have gotten a S3. :(

daveo42

Banned
I want a Made in Abyss dungeon crawler or MMO. Really, I just want more of that world.

Is it also good?

The original series is really good. It's also one of the better looking modern anime series in both art style and animation in general. Personally, I'd skip Virgin Souls. Feels like too much of a step down from Genesis in pretty much every regard.

I want a Made in Abyss dungeon crawler or MMO. Really, I just want more of that world.

The original series is really good. It's also one of the better looking modern anime series in both art style and animation in general. Personally, I'd skip Virgin Souls. Feels like too much of a step down from Genesis in pretty much every regard.

Just play Etrian Odyssey

daveo42

Banned
Just play Etrian Odyssey

But part of the appeal for me is the world and the Abyss. Unless EO has something similar.

I disagree with this person.

Nina's story arc has really put me off on the series as a whole. I think I was good on it until
she basically ignored all of the terrible shit Chris has, is, and will continue to do to everyone, including those close to her.
Maybe the last few episodes will bring me back in.

Taruranto

Dive 11

I thought this was going to be the last episode, I was surprised when it ended with a cliffhanger. I was also starting to forget Yoichi isn't the protagonist, eh.

For the Rage of the Bahamut: Virgin Soul recs, is it necessary to watch the prior series or can we just jump straight into this one?

Why would you want to skip it? VS isn't even
that
good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom