• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Man it's really over. :( This is sad to watch and man is she short.

Time to catch up on some VODS. Seeing a lot of Jak and Daxter so I'll start with that.

SJRB

Gold Member
Really happy I was able to see the bonus run and this finale after all.

1.3 million is crazy, awesome job.

GROUP HUG

LordAlu

No need to be sad, ESA 2016 is 2 weeks away with an awesome runs from european runners.
Exactly this! ESA 2016 is just two weeks away for another full week of speedruns :)

Thanks for taking part in the thread and thanks to those of you in chat too who got us all through it without having to deal with normal GDQ chat!

Come join us in the Speedrunning thread for more speedrunning goodness.

Also, AGDQ 2017 will be 8th till 15th January 2017!

Till ESA and the next AGDQ folks! ;)

latest

Amazing run, incredible marathon. Speedrun marathon week is so enjoyable, been watching since 2012 and the end always makes me sad. Never going to stop watching, donating and supporting. Beautiful work, see you next year all of you and thanks! ESA2016 next!

game%2Bover.jpg

Goodnight everybody take care this is the second GDQ in a row that I watch with you and it was great, I love you guys and gals :D
I love GDQ because is shows that gamers working united can accomplish great things

BasicMath

And it just suddenly ended. These endings make me want the bonus stream back. I loved that thing so much. Weird stuff happened in that stream. Specifically remember peaches, I think, on the phone helping a runner heavily for a Quest 64 run a few years back. Literally guided him through most of the thing.

Murugo

I didn't think $40k in an hour would be possible, but the community pulled through. Great event as always.

If I had to pick 5 favorite runs, they would be:

1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
2. Catherine: 1 Player 2 Controllers
3. Link's Awakening DX
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Pepsimaaaaaaaan!

MaxiLive

Another great GDQ event! I didn't manage to catch as much of it this year due to being busy this week but it does mean I'll have a lot of VODs to catch up on.

A great total once again! 1.3mil is fantastic.

Now the wait for AGDQ...

Everyone in GAF chat convinced me to stay until the end despite having work in about 4 hours.

I'm now realizing I've made a huge mistake.

BasicMath

I didn't think $40k in an hour would be possible, but the community pulled through. Great event as always.

3. Link's Awakening DX
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Pepsimaaaaaaaan!
They pulled something like $700ish per minute during the Mario Maker run last night. At least it felt like that.

PKrockin

Everyone, post what in your opinion are the best runs you saw at this GDQ! Help people like me who missed most of it catch up!

And it just suddenly ended. These endings make me want the bonus stream back. I loved that thing so much. Weird stuff happened in that stream. Specifically remember peaches, I think, on the phone helping a runner heavily for a Quest 64 run a few years back. Literally guided him through most of the thing.

That sounds amazing.
This moment was one of the hypest, clutchest things I've ever seen on GDQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfGxHjkhf5c

BasicMath

Everyone, post what in your opinion are the best runs you saw at this GDQ! Help people like me who missed most of it catch up!

This moment was one of the hypest, clutchest things I've ever seen on GDQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfGxHjkhf5c
Oh god I forgot about that. So good. That one person saying "This is it." and the reaction following the hit goddamn. Agree on it being one of the best clutch moments in GDQ history.

The no camera thing too. I'm guessing that was the year where they kept going until bit by bit the equipment for the stream left the building since the owners were leaving the area. They obviously had to stop at one point. It was a slow death but it was fun while it lasted.

Oh and Aladdin was pretty good. I really want to watch trauma center too since it looked really good from the last few minutes I caught of it.

Platy

3. Link's Awakening DX
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Pepsimaaaaaaaan!

From what I watched :

1- Momodora 1 handed insane
2- Mario World Any% Small
3- Symphony of the Night Blindfolded
4- Quackshot
5- Mario 3 100%

Still haven't watched lots of potentialy good runs like Pepsiman and Ocarina

Caught the last of the stream at work. Fling to take a couple weeks to break through my back log of VODs.

On another note, this has made my 6 year old daughter want to get into speed running Kirby. Going to have to sit down with her on my next weekend off and watch a couple speed runs with her.

KHlover

Banned
Really need to see ESA this year. German restream was as good as always, first and only good twitch chat I've ever seen.

Was a great event.

ike_

Holy crap that Symphony of the Night Blindfolded run.

romscout + puwexil commentary is like some kind of dream team. How does puwexil know so much about the strategy for so many different games?

Thx, but is there a way to watch it with chat? :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/4r4pyp/sgdq_vod_thread_2016/

That list links to the Twitch VODs at the correct timestamp, so you still get the chat if you want it.

I usually like runs with good commentary or personable runners/couch and tend to value that over what game they're actually playing. With that in mind, I didn't watch that many, but of the ones I did, my favorites were:

1. Star Wars Jedi Academy - Terrific commentary and enthusiasm
2. Momodora (Insane 1-Handed) - Extremely impressive
3. Deus Ex - Most entertaining DX run I've seen from a GDQ. Lots of enthusiasm and good explanations for what he was doing
4. Max Payne 2 - Not sure how wide the appeal would be for this one, but I've played MP2 several times and was floored by some of the stuff done here. Good commentary and explanations as well.
5. Guacamelee - Thought the commentary and explanations were great, and the whole run had something interesting going on on

Top Bottom