• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

DrBo42

Has there been any confirmation on being able to upgrade the grind speed or anything like that? Game moves so much slower than I was expecting.

Phreaker

I'm sufficiently hyped!! Nice OT!

2526940-2758083126-PoshG.gif

Begaria

First off, let me admit this is a really stupid thing to nitpick, but it's been bugging me since the day this game was announced and I've seen this acronym all over the place:

Sunset Overdrive's acronym isn't SSOD. It's a two word title and its correct acronym should be "SO", as acronyms are created using the first letter of a word in a title. The game isn't called "Sun Set Over Drive".

I told you it was a stupid thing to nit pick :p

First off, let me admit this is a really stupid thing to nitpick, but it's been bugging me since the day this game was announced and I've seen this acronym all over the place:

Sunset Overdrive's acronym isn't SSOD. It's a two word title and its correct acronym should be "SO", as acronyms are created using the first letter of a word in a title. The game isn't called "Sun Set Over Drive".

I told you it was a stupid thing to nit pick :p

who has been using SSOD?

Jaxx

Banned
Well I broke down. Just bought the digital version.

I don't even have a console yet and I just bought Halo MCC, Forza Horizon 2, and Sunset Overdrive off the digital marketplace. I assume I can just download it all when my console arrives next monday. Will also be getting 20 dollars in credit back from Xbox Rewards.

down to 28 dollars left from the summer gamestop xbox money after this...what do I do now?? actually pay my own money for games?

Also, I know you can pick up items to upgrade your stuff, such as the toilet paper or shoes...at least I think. Is there enough stuff in the game to upgrade all of the stuff given to you, or do you have to pick and choose what you are able to upgrade?

Drew Murray just answered a question on the launch stream about post-release support, and said they would add new locations/new geometry, among other things.

The Flash

Banned
yep just took those with my Elgato. Should have better ones coming soon. Those were just some quick grabs.

How are your images not as dark as crap? I must have something set wrong on mine.

Drew Murray just answered a question on the launch stream about post-release support, and said they would add new locations/new geometry, among other things.

Oh really? Hmm. Might have to get the season pass for this one.

zorbsie

Great OT. Been playing the game all weekend. Just love it so much. Only played a few chaos squad rounds and would love to do more. Feel free to add me: zorbs.

Btw anyone concerned with the speed trust me don't be. Game feels fast as hell, in fact if you went any quicker aiming would be near impossible

Bungie

I got lucky & Microsoft is giving me a copy for free even though I would have gladly spent $60. Season pass it is then. ^_^

I'll be down to play online anytime. GT: Bun7gie

The Flash

Banned
So we can expect the DLC to be single player based? If so, Season Pass bought.

From the OP

Two campaign Game Add-ons that each deliver new locations to explore, stories to experience, and bosses to battle. Each of these Add-ons also includes new weapons, new Amps, a new Trap, new character outfits as well as new challenges and Chaos Squad* objectives!
・The Weapons Pack Game Add-on, which includes four deadly new weapons to augment your arsenal!
・BONUS – six character outfits, two Amps and two Traps to use as soon as the game is released

I just bought it. Haven't gotten a season pass since BF4 but I trust that Insomniac won't cause me to regret that decision like some other game companies. Thanks Bing Rewards money.

So we can expect the DLC to be single player based? If so, Season Pass bought.

Yeah, apparently it's going to have stuff like new story missions and areas. There'll be more items, weapons, customizations and whatnot too, of course.

EDIT: Beaten.

From the OP

I just bought it. Haven't gotten a season pass since BF4 but I trust that Insomniac won't cause me to regret that decision like some other game companies. Thanks Bing Rewards money.

Slightly OT, but I crunched the numbers and unless I'm missing something in the TOS, you could theoretically pay for Xbox Live using Bing Rewards points indefinitely.

It doesn't release until the 30th in Aus. (1 day after the U.S release). I have a physical copy pre-ordered...but I doubt it'll get here by Friday. I'm not sure if I'm patient enough to wait the whole weekend until monday.

What do I do GAF, should I buy a digital copy on top of my physical? (I collect the physical copies...I don't buy digital, ever)

Top Bottom