• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive website - say hello to Fizzie! (Insomniac/MS/XB1)

really does amaze me how hard Insomniac screwed over it's fan base though. i mean we are talking about playstation owners over all these years.... but the kick in the teeth was how they so obviously pulled creative IP from that game they released last year ... i mean when that thing came out it was so generic .... yet the E3 debut of the game had it looking almost exactly like sunset overdrive ... i mean come on.

pretty fucking average. wonder if they regret jumping ship now.

better get used it bro

i doubt these guys will make a playstation exclusive games anytime soon. I am not a big fan of insomniac at all, but its good they are taking their time to develop this game. before they were releasing yearly rehashes of ratchet and resistance. they might shine under microsoft

rouken

jbqDs06r58cEpk.jpg

30250d1389327192-oakley-thread-puking_rainbows_guy_in_hd_by_lemmino-d6026ug.png

Bullshit, this is a Xbox v Playstation thing and you haven't got the balls to say it straight as you know you will be banned. If it was the other way around you would say fuck all. I'm getting sick of people like you on here.

well, woof-woof!

I think you should laugh and move on, you'll blow an artery if you carry on like this.

nynt9

jbqDs06r58cEpk.jpg

Features
Sunset Overdrive
An audience with Tetsuya Mizuguchi

Reviews
Trials Fusion [8]
Mario Kart 8
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft [9]
The Elder Scrolls Online [5]
Child of Light [5]

subscriber info

digital should drop in the next 14 hours, print in the next 24. nice cover imo. can't wait to see the Mario Kart score.

That artwork looks great and classy, I wish the actual game looked like this instead of having a slapstick style which I usually find to be kind of cheap.

I don't understand the hype?

Fuse was a turd and Into the Nexus was good but nothing fantastic. Insomniac hasn't delivered in a long time.

Fuse was a turd and Into the Nexus was good but nothing fantastic. Insomniac hasn't delivered in a long time.

It looks visually interesting, has a good sense of style and Insomniac has made fun games. Of course that doesn't' necessarily mean super hype-train, but at least a curious interest in seeing what the game is like and what it will be.

shandy706

Is there a digital time for this tomorrow?

I'm guessing we'll hear from our Gaf brothers/sisters first?

..or will Edge have it up quick?

(I'm eastern US)

You act as if Insomniac has never made a good game. Let's be real here, Sunset Overdrive looks way more interesting than Fuse ever did and Into the Nexus was one above average Ratchet and Clank among so many good ones last generation. This type of mentality doesn't make sense to me. Every developer has their ups and downs.

Can't wait to see what the gameplay looks like. I'm liking the look of the world and I really thought the Resistance games were vastly underrated.

JLck

fresh ip in a genre which needs some innovation and colour put into it. concept is great, trailer was great, from very reputable dev team.

Fuse had EA's stamp all over it.. Into the Nexus was going to be limited due to the franchise it's a part of.

What we do know is that these guys are more than capable of making absolutely fanastic games, and have experience in wacky platformers, open world, and shooters. If you want to concentrate on the few negatives ('Into the Nexus was good but nothing fantastic' isn't even a negative anyway) then feel free.

Bullshit, this is a Xbox v Playstation thing and you haven't got the balls to say it straight as you know you will be banned. If it was the other way around you would say fuck all. I'm getting sick of people like you on here.

They can't stop.
They won't stop.
So just laugh at em and move on.

How about not judging the game by the developer's past? SO looks interesting, it looks different to most games out just now, and it's the week when we find out more about the game. Why not err on the side of 'it could be great' instead of the miserabilist attitude of 'am I the only one who doesn't get this humour?', 'is it just me, or does this game look rubbish to everyone?'

It's good to be excited about a game, it's okay not to be excited, but it's pretty annoying to have to explain your reason to someone who thinks the opposite.

Honestly, what do you want people to say to your strangely worded question? Just shrug and move on, that's what I do with games that don't push my buttons.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
so this is about the overcharge site, should the Edge cover / article get its own thread now?

so excited for you all to read it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I need a tshirt with that logo. And a beer mug. This is too awesome!

JStevenson, any chance to get a good quality version of that logo? :)

maybe. I miiight be trying to hold off on giving the logo away so we can do official swag t-shirts at some point (maybe an official german convention).

abadguy

Banned

I feel like i already read this post a few pages back. Must be Déjà vu.

Fantastic to have this confirmed directly from the source.

Quick question, does this mean we can pick between a male/female character?

Hopefully there's a decent character creation tool with lots of depth to it, so we can create some really distinct characters and not have a bunch of clones running around in MP.

Hopefully there's a decent character creation tool with lots of depth to it, so we can create some really distinct characters and not have a bunch of clones running around in MP.

Yeah, that's pretty much my hope as well. Would also be nice if we could unlock new items in game instead of them potentially being sold as DLC.

Riky

$MSFT
We visited Insomniac HQ in Burbank, California to be the first media in the world to play Sunset Overdrive as the studio explained how it intends to put the fun back into shooters – the game brings to mind Tony Hawk, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Prince Of Persia and the blue skies and bright colours of the Dreamcast era.

Oh my, this sounds like the best thing ever.

Silky

Banned
Fantastic to have this confirmed directly from the source.

Quick question, does this mean we can pick between a male/female character?

The reveal trailer had female characters with gamertags over their heads, so I would assume so.

THE REAL QUESTION IS, will there be mohawks in the game

I wonder if Microsoft has enough confidence in this title being their tentpole release of the year. Would be terrible if SO releases anywhere during the inevitable "Destiny" blitz

I wonder if Microsoft has enough confidence in this title being their tentpole release of the year. Would be terrible if SO releases anywhere during the inevitable "Destiny" blitz

The Destiny blitz will be solely PS4, MS will have an opening to market this just as heavily. It's not like they can't match Acti/Sony in terms of marketing budgets....

R_Deckard

jbqDs06r58cEpk.jpg

Features
Sunset Overdrive
An audience with Tetsuya Mizuguchi

Reviews
Trials Fusion [8]
Mario Kart 8
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft [9]
The Elder Scrolls Online [5]
Child of Light [5]

subscriber info

digital should drop in the next 14 hours, print in the next 24. nice cover imo. can't wait to see the Mario Kart score.

Cool, looks like a great issue to read this month...Looking forward to it.

Edge is my only "return" to old gaming days when Magazine's was the only way to see/know about any game and no "game-Play" videos to hunger for.

Johnohno

With the whole "YOU are the main character" customisation thing...this game could make good use of the Kinect Sports Rivals champion generator tech. The character art looks quite similar no?

Preparing for comparison shots proving my eyes are crap :-(

Top Bottom