• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Okay Fist Knight looks suuuuuuuuper fucking fun. I am digging this week of oneshots so much. Adding a lot of stuff to my wishlist.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about NitW and how people constantly say Mae is fucked up, and I honestly don't think she's that bad. I might be biased though because I am crazy as shit and just can't tell what a normal person is supposed to act like anymore.

Edit: Also Liam is beocming more and more legit. He got a review code for Crash Bandicoot from Activision. That's kinda crazy to me. N'sane even.....

Village

pat speaks many truths about jin.

It takes an already incoherent mess and makes it even more incoherent while simultaneously making the wacky zany world of CEO bears, fighting Kangaroos and Leopard Luchadors super boring while being narrated by a guy who sounds like he's reading the ingredients off a shampoo bottle at a powerpoint meeting.

Give me more of this stupid shit

At least SFV was a bunch of stupid fun.

To be fair it wasn't about that world, it was about a good ol' fashioned bloodline fued, ending.

And it did.

And the ending of that story, is better than SFV's whole story.

Strimei

I was highly amused in LA Noire when they started trashing the term "water ice".

First off, its not just Philadelphia, its used throughout the Delaware river valley. And it makes perfect sense! Its just...water ice! What's wrong with calling it that? Its not solid ice, so its kinda like...water, isn't it?

Both my parents are from Delaware and so I grew up calling it water ice. It makes sense to me, damn it.

Lulubop

It takes an already incoherent mess and makes it even more incoherent while simultaneously making the wacky zany world of CEO bears, fighting Kangaroos and Leopard Luchadors super boring while being narrated by a guy who sounds like he's reading the ingredients off a shampoo bottle at a powerpoint meeting.

Give me more of this stupid shit

00e.gif

At least SFV was a bunch of stupid fun.

For real it's fucking garbage, in no world is it better than SFV's.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about NitW and how people constantly say Mae is fucked up, and I honestly don't think she's that bad. I might be biased though because I am crazy as shit and just can't tell what a normal person is supposed to act like anymore.

She, uh, kind of went off completely at random and beat a kid into the hospital with a baseball bat. She would be in prison if she wasn't a juvenile at the time.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
She, uh, kind of went off completely at random and beat a kid into the hospital with a baseball bat. She would be in prison if she wasn't a juvenile at the time.

That I get why people are like "Woah" but it's the shapes thing that I don't think is that weird. Then again, that might just mean I disassociate way more than I like to believe.

Yeah, the shapes thing is a little bit more metaphorical than a nihilistic break usually goes, so I guess people who have had that experience will get it and people who haven't probably won't be able to sympathize at all.

Woolie seems to have been there at one point, with his particular brand being "Everything is just chemical reactions," so it makes sense to him.

Fat4all

Banned
Yeah, the shapes thing is a little bit more metaphorical than a nihilistic break usually goes, so I guess people who have had that experience will get it and people who haven't probably won't be able to sympathize at all.

Woolie seems to have been there at one point, with his particular brand being "Everything is just chemical reactions," so it makes sense to him.

I like that conversation more with Bea (if you spend more time with Bea instead of Gregg, she's the one you play as for a little and sleeps on the couch with you). She's not as 'on Mae's side' as Gregg and has some interesting things to say.

Overall, while I prefer Greggs character in the game overall, I like the Bea ending a lot more at the end.

I like how now that Liam's gone everyone else goes straight for picking the female characters, as if they always really wanted to but didn't want to step on his schtick.

Well, at least for ARMS, only 1.5 of the cast doesn't look like garbage, and they happen to be female.

Hey, woah, there's... uh... the robots don't look terrible, and the mummy's fun in a dumb, goofy way.

The protagonist, though, yeesh. That may just be the most shit generic anime protagonist shonen design I've ever seen. At the very least it easily dethrones HxH's non-sexy-time Gon design.

I've ended up liking ARMs a lot more than I expected to, though I admit most of the character designs still do nothing for me. The lack of an actual Wacky Inflatable Waving Arm Man disappoints me immensely.

You had one fucking job, Kageyama.

Sou Da

"Who said 'I'm Disappointed'? was it Kazuya?"

"Yeah"

Are you fucking kidding me? Are they watching these scenes through 3 layers of Vaseline?

Guys, not to sound like a dick, but can you use spoilers when you talk about Night In The Woods? I'm still playing through it myself right now.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FORGET THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD TURING INTO TO A DEVIL

terrorism

or summin'

Ah that'd make sense then. Still neat.

Anyway, as for ARMS, no matter how much I watch, the game does absolutely nothing for me. Doesn't even seem that interesting for a fighting game.

You should try playing it. There's a lot more fun in playing the guessing game with an opponent, dodging or blocking correctly, and punishing stupid spam players. Which I guess you could say about a lot of fighting games, so if you enjoy those you'll probably like this.

About the only bad thing is the method to acquire new arms for everyone (because of course there is a meta for arms) is really slow and shitty.

Moaradin

The most entertaining parts of that LP would have been watching them fight the bosses, but even that seems lame now that they put it on easy lol

Strimei

You should try playing it. There's a lot more fun in playing the guessing game with an opponent, dodging or blocking correctly, and punishing stupid spam players. Which I guess you could say about a lot of fighting games, so if you enjoy those you'll probably like this.

About the only bad thing is the method to acquire new arms for everyone (because of course there is a meta for arms) is really slow and shitty.

Kinda difficult as I don't have a switch, heh. I do plan on getting one eventually though (whenever the mainline Fire Emblem comes out, I imagine) so I'll try it out then. And I don't mean to be too down on the game, it does have some interesting points. Some of the designs do interest me (I really like Min Min) and it certainly is an interesting idea. Just doesn't strike me as a full game sort.

Never seen Reefer Madness, so I have to ask...

How the Hell do you have Roy say, "I don't have the same voices in my head as you do, Cole" without having Cole respond, "It's called a conscience, Roy"?

Altairre

That was a good episode.

I'm almost done with the Yakuza 0 LP and I have to say that it's one of the best they've done. Really enjoyed pretty much all of it. I was expecting Tekken to be a fun watch as well but so far it's rather disappointing. They don't seem to be all that interested in what's going on and I can't even really blame them because it seems kinda bad. Might check out the LA Noire one next.

That was a good episode.

I'm almost done with the Yakuza 0 LP and I have to say that it's one of the best they've done. Really enjoyed pretty much all of it. I was expecting Tekken to be a fun watch as well but so far it's rather disappointing. They don't seem to be all that interested in what's going on and I can't even really blame them because it seems kinda bad. Might check out the LA Noire one next.
LA Noire is ultra strong. It also gets too real in a few places.

I'm really enjoying the Tekken playthrough. Same with Street Fighter 5 and I couldn't even finish Mortal Kombat or Injustice. I like that Street Fighter and Tekken actually have fun with their story.

Top Bottom