• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 4: Pat, Please Come Back. We're Not Creepy Anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

The main character is 19 and everyone else are a lot older then him.

Though, it's pretty funny how I had to change. The original plan or design for the love interest was a bat demon. Her head and torso was that of a human but her arms and legs/feet was that of a bat. Hell she sucked at walking so she flew most of the time. Even her eyes were that of a bat.

But someone told me that while charming, she didn't sound attractive/ appealing enough to warrant that slot. So I decided to change the design to a cat girl with four fingers. I'm not sure I like the change or not. Since it makes everyone on the starting team feel way too human shaped, but what can you do.

I'll probably leave it open for a sequel

Hmm.. it sounds like a shounen manga i've read dozens of. XD

How would have she been useful during the day though? How would she eat, and do tasks? Would she have more bat characteristics or human?

That person hasn't read enough monster girl doujins... Cat girl is a little too easy imo and doesn't really add anything new or special to the mix. You could go crazy and mix it up a lot. Just think of anything and try to make it work. Maybe even have some flaws in the team that some new characters can help "fill" in.

Her thanatos's pressure is unreal, almost at Sho levels. The problem is you can't hit it like Sho, it doesn't really do much since she has like 6 fucking cards.
Keep it up and break them all. Then you have to push the advantage when she doesn't have it, of course that's easier said than done.

The character specific card amounts in Ultimax really benefits Liz.
That's my scrub advice.

Power rank the series then. I want opinions, I only ever watched Armada/Energon/that other one.

It's been a while, and it all runs together A LOT, but I'll see what I can do.

1. Transformers Prime
2. Beast Wars/Machines
3. Gen 1
4. Transformers Cybertron
5. Transformers Animated
6. The other miscellaneous bullshit
7. Transformers Energon
8. Transformers Armada

sjay1994

1. Transformers Prime
2. Beast Wars/Machines
3. Gen 1
5. Transformers Animated
7. Transformers Energon
8. Transformers Armada

Primes the newest one right? That good?

360pages

Hmm.. it sounds like a shounen manga i've read dozens of. XD

How would have she been useful during the day though? How would she eat, and do tasks? Would she have more bat characteristics or human?

That person hasn't read enough monster girl doujins... Cat girl is a little too easy imo and doesn't really add anything new or special to the mix. You could go crazy and mix it up a lot. Just think of anything and try to make it work. Maybe even have some flaws in the team that some new characters can help "fill" in.

Most of their missions were during the night. Hell one of the members is a flat out vampire. She would hate bright lights and her parents abandoned her and her siblings so she was forced to look after them.

The family thing stayed, but her bat design was changed. Another was a female lycontrhope as well. I guess making the design easier to digest for the reader had its merits. I rarely write characters in high school anymore either.

Primes the newest one right? That good?

Yeah, it's pretty damned good. There's a couple characters that can get annoying at times, but the writing and animation are pretty damned good. It's one of the few series where the human characters actually add something to the show. Combined with the fact that they made the Bay-formers designs actually look good, the show is a feat.

Why is that ironic they ate both owned by hasbro
The previous discussion we just had,I assume.

1. Transformers Prime
2. Beast Wars/Machines
3. Gen 1
5. Transformers Animated
7. Transformers Energon
8. Transformers Armada
I interesting. I might've watched Cybertron as a kid, I'm not sure. Anyway the few epeisodes I've seen of Prime were pretty good- I'll go give it a shot sometime.

308790_v1.jpg

Seanbaby is the funniest motherfucker on the entire internet.

Zenfalcia

Most of their missions were during the night. Hell one of the members is a flat out vampire. She would hate bright lights and her parents abandoned her and her siblings so she was forced to look after them.

The family thing stayed, but her bat design was changed. Another was a female lycontrhope as well. I guess making the design easier to digest for the reader had its merits. I rarely write characters in high school anymore either.

Hate or die to?

What's the male to female ratio in the "party". You could have some visuals to make it easier to visualize what you're trying to describe. High school is where everything happens! Where you meet the love of your life and live a harem dream in a club room.

You must be her to beat her.

That's 2 deep.

Keep it up and break them all. Then you have to push the advantage when she doesn't have it, of course that's easier said than done.

The character specific card amounts in Ultimax really benefits Liz.
That's my scrub advice.

I'll just have to practice more. And speaking of practice, Yukari is starting to be boring, when you realize any of her good combos have to start from her 5AAA in a combo with ridiculously timing that would never work online anyway.

Might have to switch it up.

Xux

I don't remember Beast Machines being anywhere near as good as Beast Wars. It's been for-flippin'-ever since I've seen either, though.

I do wish we got the Beast Wars sequel anime, tho.

360pages

Hate or die to?

What's the male to female ratio in the "party". You could have some visuals to make it easier to visualize what you're trying to describe. High school is where everything happens! Where you meet the love of your life and live a harem dream in a club room.

Two males, two females, might add another male to the mix.

They all knew each other before entering the team since they hung around the building. The main character is best friends with the Vampire. While the Cat girl knew him about two years and got interested in him.

The wolf woman was somewhat out of the loop and relatively cold and what not. Also, everyone is fully clothed. Not a lot of fanservice at all.

I also made the Lycontrope woman very tall and muscular even when she's in a human like appearance. Also the main character has an enhanced eye even though he's human that let him aim better.

311118_v1.jpg

It's a book about how kids' culture is Satan. Seanbaby had this to say:

"Phil Phillips could not have failed his Lord any harder if he'd killed 500 children with a book on bestiality safety."

"If a writer pitched me an article called X Cartoons With Shocking Occult Influences, I'd say, "OK, that sounds interesting." If he wrote for 183 pages without giving a single good example, I'd say, "Delete that. Don't let anyone know you typed it." And if this god damn lunatic suggested writing eight nearly identical sequels, I'd speak only in karate, certain my life was now in danger. Does that make me a better editor than God? I ... holy crap, I think it does."

Zenfalcia

Two males, two females, might add another male to the mix.

They all knew each other before entering the team since they hung around the building. The main character is best friends with the Vampire. While the Cat girl knew him about two years and got interested in him.

The wolf woman was somewhat out of the loop and relatively cold and what not. Also, everyone is fully clothed. Not a lot of fanservice at all.

I also made the Lycontrope woman very tall and muscular even when she's in a human like appearance. Also the main character has an enhanced eye even though he's human that let him aim better.

Why not add some asexual beings into the mix?

I was thinking you would do a pair or a single person venturing out and then recruiting friends along the way, since it'll give more material and build a stronger relationship for the reader to enjoy. That's just how I thought about it, but it's your story after all.

Wouldn't the lycan rip her clothes every time she transforms? Idk about his enhanced eye... Unless it's a cybernetic eye or something.

360pages

Why not add some asexual beings into the mix?

I was thinking you would do a pair or a single person venturing out and then recruiting friends along the way, since it'll give more material and build a stronger relationship for the reader to enjoy. That's just how I thought about it, but it's your story after all.

Wouldn't the lycan rip her clothes every time she transforms? Idk about his enhanced eye... Unless it's a cybernetic eye or something.

I did, but I think basing it somewhat in the city can help with world building. The eye is most likely going to be cybernetic though I probably just have the Lycan wear special armor that expands to...any size.

Xux

311118_v1.jpg

It's a book about how kids' culture is Satan. Seanbaby had this to say:

"Phil Phillips could not have failed his Lord any harder if he'd killed 500 children with a book on bestiality safety."

"If a writer pitched me an article called X Cartoons With Shocking Occult Influences, I'd say, "OK, that sounds interesting." If he wrote for 183 pages without giving a single good example, I'd say, "Delete that. Don't let anyone know you typed it." And if this god damn lunatic suggested writing eight nearly identical sequels, I'd speak only in karate, certain my life was now in danger. Does that make me a better editor than God? I ... holy crap, I think it does."
I feel like I don't have enough Seanbaby in my life; he's one of the few things I remember enjoying about EGM
aside from those weird comics on the last page.

Zenfalcia

I did, but I think basing it somewhat in the city can help with world building. The eye is most likely going to be cybernetic though I probably just have the Lycan wear special armor that expands to...any size.

They're staying within a city? So they are more like police from what I can tell? Also, plot armour? Sure. I hope their whole story isn't a cakewalk. Perhaps it's just my taste for something realistic and bound by the rules of the world it's set in. As long as you have reasoning behind it.. like the armour is magical or something.. or descended from her clan.. it'll work out.

360pages

They're staying within a city? So they are more like police from what I can tell? Also, plot armour? Sure. I hope their whole story isn't a cakewalk. Perhaps it's just my taste for something realistic and bound by the rules of the world it's set in. As long as you have reasoning behind it.. like the armour is magical or something.. or descended from her clan.. it'll work out.

Maybe you're write, I'm actually excited to see where it goes thinking about it. Though having her clothes tear apart every time she transforms was a thought that crossed my head.

Well, unless a demon has a very specific ability, no one is getting up after being cut in half or something like that. Our main character is human and some what squishy, nothing is probably going to go full on magic though. And character interaction is a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom