• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R has 50 stage story mode, 8 player Online.

Which Super Bomberman R feature are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nessus

I really hope Switch games support Download Play, but I strongly suspect they won't.

Bomberman for DS supported 8 players off of a single cart. It's going to be very hard to justify spending full price for a version of Bomberman that can't even match the features of a game released in 2005.

I don't care about online, especially since it will cost money, but Switch could be such a great local multiplayer machine, and Nintendo seems to be positioning it as such, but without Download Play stuff like local Bomberman 8 player would be even worse than expecting people to buy 4 copies of Federation Force so they can play the local multiplayer.

duckroll

I really hope Switch games support Download Play, but I strongly suspect they won't.

Bomberman for DS supported 8 players off of a single cart. It's going to be very hard to justify spending full price for a version of Bomberman that can't even match the features of a game released in 2005.

I don't care about online, especially since it will cost money, but Switch could be such a great local multiplayer machine, and Nintendo seems to be positioning it as such, but without Download Play stuff like local Bomberman 8 player would be even worse than expecting people to buy 4 copies of Federation Force so they can play the local multiplayer.

Erm. If you have friends with a Switch each, just set up one in tabletop mode and sync the joycons?

ekim

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2017-01-24-switch-eindruecke-von-nintendos-event-in-berlin

Schrott. Oder zumindest: So sehr Schrott, wie ein Bomberman nur sein kann. Aber mein über 20 Jahre altes Bomberman '94 sieht nicht nur besser aus und steuert sich besser, es lädt auch nicht 20 Sekunden bis eine Runde startet. Enttäuschung des Abends.

translates to

Garbage. Or at least so much garbage a Bomberman can be.
My 20 year old Bomber 94 not only looks and controls better but it also doesn't load for 20 seconds until a round starts. Disappointment of the evening.

But I guess the hyperbole is strong with this one.

Erm. If you have friends with a Switch each, just set up one in tabletop mode and sync the joycons?

Potentially doable, but squeezing 8 people round a single switch screen is a tough sell when you could have (at worst) 2 people to each h of four screens.
I agree that without download play it's still a step down from the DS bomberman games in that regard.

I wouldn't read too much into that. They respond to a tweet asking about local multiplayer, not download play.

We know you can use multiple controllers to play locally, either docked or undocked, with one cartridge.

I played Bomberman DS in college with 7 other students off of 1 cart. Download play is a feature I'd love to see, even if it was limited in scope to keep the download time short.

Hanso

Is it like 50 stages of actual campaign (bomberman 64) or 50 stages that change the design of the board and give you mission objectives?

Is anything known

MDave

4GB so the game could almost fit entirely in RAM, so little to no loading right? That's pretty cool.

I don't like the obvious focus test style of development this game has taken. "Photo real graphics!" Bomberman doesn't need this. "All star voice acting!" Bomberman doesn't need this. It's never what Bomberman was about, or what made it successfull in past generations.

And ugh at 30fps.

At least they nailed everything else by the looks of things! That makes me happy.

Maybe the next one they make the ingame graphics look the same as the charming box art and nail 60fps for a truly polished and perfect Bomberman.

Never settle for good enough when it can be better!

4GB so the game could almost fit entirely in RAM, so little to no loading right? That's pretty cool.

I don't like the obvious focus test style of development this game has taken. "Photo real graphics!" Bomberman doesn't need this. "All star voice acting!" Bomberman doesn't need this. It's never what Bomberman was about, or what made it successfull in past generations.

And ugh at 30fps.

At least they nailed everything else by the looks of things! That makes me happy.

Maybe the next one they make the ingame graphics look the same as the charming box art and nail 60fps for a truly polished and perfect Bomberman.

Never settle for good enough when it can be better!
Am I the only who realizes the description was supposed to be funny or what

Vitacat

Will this have random matchmaking for online 8 players, like Splatoon, or do you need to manually get 8 friends together online?

Still on the fence with this since I already have some Bomberman games. But if it has the above feature I will strongly consider buying at launch.

Oregano

They haven't outright said it but I can't see why it wouldn't.

What online games other than Destiny lack matchmaking?

I have answers to some of your questions, but they're not going live for a couple of days. I will say this about the online, though: Battle Mode uses an online lobby system.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I have answers to some of your questions, but they're not going live for a couple of days. I will say this about the online, though: Battle Mode uses an online lobby system.

could you please PM me your thoughts on frame rates? i understand if you can't, thank you!

ITSMILNER

I loved Bomberman Live back in the day, the different options, items and modes were great!

Does this include similar options/modes/items as well or is this more stripped back?

Top Bottom