• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Fruit Fall (Wii)

Rocked

What is this? Apparently it's a launch title in Europe, but I can't find any screens anywhere.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000ISYNLG/

B000ISYNLG.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38161327_.jpg

Fruit Fall is a puzzle game that will make you go bananas!

Your mission is to make fruit vanish! You control mazes full of fruit and as you rotate them the fruit will fall down. When you match fruits up they will vanish.

Sounds simple? Don’t be a lemon! Can you become the top banana!

Play any of the 75 levels alone or with up to 4 people.

There you go

Edit: That is a description of the PC version

Thomper

Zerodoppler said:
There you go

Edit: That is a description of the PC version
Wii-version description then:
SUPER FRUITFALL, a true puzzle game, ideally suited to the Nintendo Wii' gaming philosophy, simple in concept but with enormous depth as the challenge increases. Super Fruitfall is very easy to grasp with simple controls but will keep players coming back for more, eager to improve their performance.

The objective is to make the fruit disappear by moving them around the grid until they are grouped together - fruit must be either above or to the left or right of another fruit, diagonals do not count. The fruit can be moved by rotating the play area and allowing the fruit to fall thereby creating groups of three or more of the same fruit, which will then be removed, a bonus is awarded If more than one group disappears on one turn.

Use the WiiMote and Nunchuck Controllers for Left and Right Rotate, and Powerspin.

Rocked

Peru said:
Seems like the worst game of all time.

:lol

Thanks for the info. I wonder what happened to the new Last Ninja game System 3 was making for Xbox? o_O That actually looked good.

dose

Yeh, Fruitfall has been out on PC before. That's bad packart, but the game is really fun, and I'd imagine it'd work well with the twistable nature of the wiimote.
Apparently it's also coming out for DS and PSP.

Edit: You can play a few levels here:
http://www.sogoplay.com/fruitfall/

It doesn't seem to have much depth, so hopefully it doesn't cost much. However, the idea of turning the objects by twist the nunchuck and remote actually sounds like a fun and effective premise.

Nunchuk controller?? Geez, I hope it doesn't become common practice for puzzle games to use the nunchuk. That really seems like overkill, and a foolish idea.

It is quite a fun little game, but the PS2 version's like $15 here in Australia, while the Wii version's gonna cost $80. Better be one hell of an epic update!

Chris Remo said:
Nunchuk controller?? Geez, I hope it doesn't become common practice for puzzle games to use the nunchuk. That really seems like overkill, and a foolish idea.

Maybe the nunchuck will only be used for the powerspin?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
This game belongs on Wiicade, not occupying the same shelf space designated to games like TP. And Super Fruit Fall? Leave it to them to be three generations behind on the title prefixes.

Notorious_Roy said:
There are screenshots for this game now:

061124_38849_2.jpg

061124_38849_1.jpg

You have to make pairs of the same fruit in order to let it disappear.

Oh gawd, I thought they'd at least improve the graphics over the ultra budget PS2 version..

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I want to be the top banana and I'm definately not a lemon!

061124_38849_2.jpg

What's really great is that they didn't properly trim out some of the fruit sprites from whereever they got them, so there's extra pixels at the bottom of two of the types. (Check out the green apples and strawberries.)

EBCubs03

Banned
Kulock said:
061124_38849_2.jpg

What's really great is that they didn't properly trim out some of the fruit sprites from whereever they got them, so there's extra pixels at the bottom of two of the types. (Check out the green apples and strawberries.)

hahaaahahhahahahahahahhahhaa

Kulock said:
*pic*

Yes, AAA title confirmed.

Top Bottom