• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

CrisKre

BZI95t2CMAAhTYq.jpg:large
Im unsure wether they are trying to diss the ps4 or the wii u.... Especially with that beautiful sm3dw title screen in the background.

Lumyst

Strangely, that picture made me appreciate the WiiU's hardware design :p It's a compact, tightly packed, solid, efficient little machine with no extraneous ornamental plastic. And the USB ports are covered (the exposed ports on the PS4 bugged me when I first noticed them).

Oh, and I went and did the B2G1 Free deal at Target and got a Pro Controller too, next week's 3D World so I'll be getting that next week, and come Winter break I'll have lots of stuff to dive into!

zroid

Banned
Im unsure wether they are trying to diss the ps4 or the wii u.... Especially with that beautiful sm3dw title screen in the background.

They're just leaning the PS4 against the Wii U to make it stable. Y'know, cause it wobbles when you place it horizontally. :3

:3

Is everybody unaware of wobble-gate

LOL is that really the reason? I was just joking.
edit: saw your post :p

pulga

Banned
Oh my god I want a Wii U so bad now after watching some lovely gifs

Fucking Nintendo and their region locking bullshit. I'd get one tomorrow if they'd be sensible.

DeaviL

Banned
i wanted to see that "5th secret character" 15 min video... its my fault, to slow :(

It was amazing beyond all comprehension.
and yes, i'm rubbing it in.

Seriously though, i'm stoked.

Oh my god I want a Wii U so bad now after watching some lovely gifs Fucking Nintendo and their region locking bullshit. I'd get one tomorrow if they'd be sensible.

What land devoid of Nintendo doest thou inhabit?

pulga

Banned
It was amazing beyond all comprehension.
and yes, i'm rubbing it in.

Seriously though, i'm stoked.

What land devoid of Nintendo doest thou inhabit?

Just moved to the EU, but not sure if I want to invest on it if I'm not sure how long I'll be here. If/When I move back to America I'd be fucked, innit

Raw64life

If you have prime, and select "Free 2-day shipping", thats how you get release day delivery. It states this on their website. You can get a free 30 day trial for prime.

I have Prime and did that. A couple of weeks ago I noticed it had November 25 as my expected arrival date. So I went to shipping options and re-confirmed my shipping method and it changed to "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." I even talked to customer support and they couldn't give me a concrete answer. I still have the pre-order active so maybe I'll luck out but if it doesn't ship by Thursday I'll just cancel it and go retail.

Davey Cakes

I have Prime and did that. A couple of weeks ago I noticed it had November 25 as my expected arrival date. So I went to shipping options and re-confirmed my shipping method and it changed to "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." I even talked to customer support and they couldn't give me a concrete answer. I still have the pre-order active so maybe I'll luck out but if it doesn't ship by Thursday I'll just cancel it and go retail.
I've said it before but I have Prime and Wii Party U arrived at my door on Oct 23rd, when the release date was Oct 25th. For that game I had the "we'll need more time" message as well.

I would be surprised if 3D World didn't at least arrive on release day if not sooner.

Lumyst

I still have the pre-order active so maybe I'll luck out but if it doesn't ship by Thursday I'll just cancel it and go retail.

Strangely, when Amazon and Gamestop couldn't guarantee release day availability of online orders for Pokemon and 2DS, respectively, I've come to use Best Buy instead in order to get hardware and some software, day one, they haven't let me down yet. In fact, it was where I got my 3DS XL on sale in Spring. So for 3D World I'll probably place an online order for store pickup through Best Buy. Now the warranty nagging they do, on the other hand... ^For me and Pokemon, it didn't work out that way, unfortunately.

Busaiku

Gah, why isn't the game out today.
I keep thinking "I'm gonna go to Gamestop later and pick it up".

And then I keep realizing it's next week...

BowieZ

Banned
Am I right in thinking that EU has the games coming out in the best order: Zelda on the 22 then Mario a week later? Saving the better, more orgasmic and replayable game till after?

Dunno how you NA guys are gonna decide. I wouldn't want to blow my load on two games, blurring them together in the first couple of days.

Balb

Am I right in thinking that EU has the games coming out in the best order: Zelda on the 22 then Mario a week later? Saving the better, more orgasmic and replayable game till after?

Dunno how you NA guys are gonna decide. I wouldn't want to blow my load on two games, blurring them together in the first couple of days.

I don't see how you could spin that in a positive light. Americans could just buy Zelda then buy Mario a week later if they really wanted to :p

zigg

I know I can't give either game their due while sharing time with the other, so I'm getting Mario first and Zelda will follow, perhaps as a Christmas gift.

Linkhero1

I'm surprised a bit of people are going to hold off. If there's one game that you should purchase for Wii U or purchase a Wii U for it's definitely this game. Well, this and X, but this game will do.

Top Bottom