• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

KU_

Looks like I'm going with Nintendo for the holidays. Still need to finish up Pikmin 3, going to snag this and Zelda LBW as well.

Kjellson

Did anyone save that 15 minute video of the unlockable character? I was looking forward to watching it today but it was gone when I got home. :(

Insaniac

How does the off tv play work in this? is it a simple switch at the push of a button like wind waker? (this should be the new standard for off-tv play)

zroid

Banned
How does the off tv play work in this? is it a simple switch at the push of a button like wind waker? (this should be the new standard for off-tv play)

Pretty sure it's like NSMBU (always mirrored). You need to see everything on the GamePad anyway for the touch interactions.

Did anyone save that 15 minute video of the unlockable character? I was looking forward to watching it today but it was gone when I got home. :(

video was nice, but there wasn't anything new really, except for a glance at the character in a cat suit and with fire power. I would've made a gif of the cat suit as well, but didn't expect the vid to get taken down... :(

VinLAURiA

Banned
Do we even know who uploaded that video or why it went private?

EDIT: It was NiNTENDOMiNATi0N. No idea why they private'd it.

Coolwhip

Banned
I think I made up my mind. I'm going to wait for Mario Kart 8 to come out, then buy a Wii U with this game and MK8.

Even though I know 3D World will probably become one of my favorite games ever.

(just thought I'd share that with my fellow GAF people)

I think I made up my mind. I'm going to wait for Mario Kart 8 to come out, then buy a Wii U with this game and MK8.

hmm, if this is going to be your favorite game anyways why not buy this now and buy MK8 later (and Zelda WW HD on top, as you seem to like that too)?

Xun

I'm so hyped for this game.

Also it's slightly OT, but I'm insanely interested in what Koizumi's next project is.

The more EAD Tokyo goodness, the better.

Sadist

I'm so hyped for this game.

Also it's slightly OT, but I'm insanely interested in what Koizumi's next project is.

The more EAD Tokyo goodness, the better.
Indeed. I'm really hoping we'll see it early next year. Regarding the comments during E3 and the small mention in the Iwata Asks, it's at a point they can show us the first images.

Darryl

Banned
anyone know if you can swing by gamestop at midnight because of the xbox one launch event and pick up this and LBW? not sure if they open only for those few xbox one products and rush people through or what

zroid

Banned
BZNOa0JIcAAvI2d.jpg

anyone know if you can swing by gamestop at midnight because of the xbox one launch event and pick up this and LBW? not sure if they open only for those few xbox one products and rush people through or what

doubt they will give you special treatment, but i find it pretty unlikely they'd say "no" to selling you a game when they're entitled to do so

Insaniac

should wait in line and when you get to the front be like, oh the xbox one is out? i was in line to get Super Mario 3d World

MrT-Tar

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but my copy of Official Nintendo Magazine arrived in the post today and contained a review for the game.

They gave the game 93%, in particular praising the game's graphics, multiplayer, innovative individual stages and the references to past Mario games (and the odd occasional other Nintendo title). The only negative points mentioned are that it is a little too easy and bosses are a bit formulaic (all are three hits to defeat).

jackal27

Banned
Man I wish I could afford this, but Zelda is callin mah naaaaame!!

I'll probably end up asking my wife for it for Christmas.

A great score either way. For me, the difficulty doesn't factor into the quality of the level design, so easiness isn't a problem. And 3 hits? Didn't the 1st Bowser fight take 9?

Also, not sure if this has been posted, but Destructoid gives a special mention to 3D World's soundtrack, calls it "another masterpiece". He mentions many of the styles of music the game uses, even for one of the final stages:

http://www.destructoid.com/super-mario-3d-world-soundtrack-is-another-masterpiece-265455.phtml

Galang

Banned

This is what I'm doing. I'm very tempted to buy one now, but I'm going to wait until Mario Kart and get both. I feel there may be a bundle that's more up my alley when MK releases. Barely have time to play and fully enjoy World now, let alone the backlog of other great games on the system.

zroid

Banned
Also, not sure if this has been posted, but Destructoid gives a special mention to 3D World's soundtrack, calls it "another masterpiece". He mentions many of the styles of music the game uses, even for one of the final stages:

http://www.destructoid.com/super-mario-3d-world-soundtrack-is-another-masterpiece-265455.phtml

uguuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why isn't it Friday yet!!!

and more importantly, why does NOA Club Nintendo suck so badly? LET ME ORDER THE OST YOU CLOWNS

Listening really closely to the sample they embedded of the main theme -- the instrumentation has a lot of depth. Really love it.

maxcriden

uguuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why isn't it Friday yet!!!

and more importantly, why does NOA Club Nintendo suck so badly? LET ME ORDER THE OST YOU CLOWNS

Listening really closely to the sample they embedded of the main theme -- the instrumentation has a lot of depth. Really love it.

Yesss! I want that OST so badly. And I've never really wanted an OST particularly strongly before. I definitely plan to eBay the Japanese one if it comes to that....

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Don't buy a Wii U for this; buy a Wii U for the Wonderful 101 and think of this as an especially great bonus.

Buy a Wii U for Mario, play the Wonderful 101 demo and not have any idea what you're doing, go back to Mario, and maybe at some point go back to Wonderful 101.

Kard8p3

A great score either way. For me, the difficulty doesn't factor into the quality of the level design, so easiness isn't a problem. And 3 hits? Didn't the 1st Bowser fight take 9?

How many hits the bowser fight takes depends entirely on how you play it. Most have seen the fight but I'll put it in spoiler tags just incase.

In the fight if you knock the soccer balls into Bowser's car it takes nine hits but if you hit the soccer ball at the right angle and hit Bowser with it then it only takes three hits.

Ah, didn't know the OT for this was up. Wonderful, wonderful.

Anyway, as I said in the IGN thread, I didn't pay much attention to this game until today when I checked out some gameplay videos. Now I'm definitely gonna buy it! Probably won't until December though cause I want to play it without having to worry about finals.

Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, and soon after that Tropical Freeze! Great time to be a Wii U gamer.

(Still hoping we see a Galaxy 3 eventually.)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Buy a Wii U for Mario, play the Wonderful 101 demo and not have any idea what you're doing, go back to Mario, and maybe at some point go back to Wonderful 101.

Ok, I played the wonderful101 demo so far and Im having trouble what is so hard, the 2nd time I played it, it was completely not hard to figure out at all.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ok, I played the wonderful101 demo so far and Im having trouble what is so hard, the 2nd time I played it, it was completely not hard to figure out at all.

I think it really depends on your attention span and how ok you are with the aesthetics (which some people LOVE)

For me it did a K.O. on both of those things :p

Top Bottom