• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

MYE

ILikeFeet said:
pɐəɹɥʇ lɐıɔıɟɟo əɥʇ :2 ʎxɐlɐƃ oıɹɐɯ ɹədns
:O

WITCH, WIIIIIITCH!!!....

How the hell did you do that?

CassSept

I vote for "pɐəɹɥʇ lɐıɔıɟɟo əɥʇ :2 ʎxɐlɐƃ oıɹɐɯ ɹədns"!
Amir0x, can you try outmatching MGS4 official thread :D? GOTY deserves an incredible official thread!

Tenbatsu

Posted?
smg04.jpg

smg05.jpg

More here
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100428_364571.html

Zeppu

The Super Mario Galaxy thread of pants jizzing while in orbit?

Edit: Or we could be cheeky and subtle and go 'Z6WS'.

Banned
CassSept said:
I vote for "pɐəɹɥʇ lɐıɔıɟɟo əɥʇ :2 ʎxɐlɐƃ oıɹɐɯ ɹədns"!
Amir0x, can you try outmatching MGS4 official thread :D? GOTY deserves an incredible official thread!

If I could change my own thread title, I would.

mclem

BowieZ said:
I have to say, the Goatse similarity is a little striking.

I'm seeing less goatse, more birthing.

If I ever get a chance to be in the room during the birth of my first child, I shall have to resist bringing in a small cassette recorder so, at the moment he's fully out, I can play "IT'SA ME, MARI-O!"

zigg

super-mario-galaxy-2-6-wii_008.jpg_718.jpg

I don't think I'll ever get enough of Mario flying out of things that are exploding behind him.

AND NOW WITH YOSHI

ryan-ts

The_Technomancer said:
Wow....I'm reading through the original Galaxy thread...its impossible not to smile...

Lets be honest. Who on earth thought that that would actually happen?

I started reading it to, best part so far is Amir0x wildly changing his opinion after playing the game.

upandaway

zigg said:
My first thought was Matter Splatter Mansion from Ghostly Galaxy, actually... very similar style and mechanics.
It's gonna play out differently though. It's a race against time until the light runs out of Yoshi, whereas in Galaxy it was about keeping up with the light through the split paths.

BTW, I was reading another preview and something hit me. Remember Miyamoto mentioning there being 240 stars in this game? According to one of the previews, if you let the Super Guide beat the stage for you, you get a bronze star instead of a gold one. If we think about them being two separate stars, that would mean there's 240 instead of 120.

upandaway

Cow Mengde said:
BTW, I was reading another preview and something hit me. Remember Miyamoto mentioning there being 240 stars in this game? According to one of the previews, if you let the Super Guide beat the stage for you, you get a bronze star instead of a gold one. If we think about them being two separate stars, that would mean there's 240 instead of 120.
No way. No way.

I would think that accessing the other 120 (with Luigi or whatever) only happens if you get Gold on everything, though.

zigg

upandaway said:
It's gonna play out differently though. It's a race against time until the light runs out of Yoshi, whereas in Galaxy it was about keeping up with the light through the split paths.

Right, yes, I guess I shouldn't have said "very similar mechanics." It re-uses the idea of a moving shaped cut-out of a platform, though control of said cut-out and the challenge element are clearly different.

Either way, it doesn't say "Ghost House" to me. (I rather dislike Ghost Houses, actually.)

Cow Mengde said:

It's going to be Luigi again. That's the most logical explanation.

I sincerely hope someone buys that boy a pair of cleats, though.

JADS

Stallion Free said:
I can't fucking wait to try this in Dolphin at 1080p with my new black Wiimote that I have synced to my PC.

This + Other M. Lets just hope that Dolphin will run the game :lol

Zeppu

Stallion Free said:
I can't fucking wait to try this in Dolphin at 1080p with my new black Wiimote that I have synced to my PC.

Do you get the smooth 60fps gameplay though? Is it a gaming PC?

Fuu said:

Hahahahaha! Yep, I remember that moment - that's when my opinion went from "This could be really awesome" to "HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT IT'S AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE"

Rich!

josephdebono said:
Do you get the smooth 60fps gameplay though? Is it a gaming PC?

On my PC (quad core 3.2ghz amd, 1gb radeon 5770, 4gb ram, windows 7 32bit), I can play Smash Bros Brawl in full 1080p with AA smoothing, at a full v-synced 60fps. Just to give you an idea.

CassSept

Fuu said:
God, I remember that wonderful time.
After GameCube I cared more for Zelda, with Mario being less important. So after SMG was announced I felt that I will play that, but wasn't really excited that much.
Year and a half passed, we have gotten closer and closer to the release and first reviews and impressions of completed game started pouring in - and as we all know, they were ecstatic. But I've still tried to keep my hype in check.
The day arrived, my SMG arrived and I've started playing it. At first I didn't get how it got such high scores. Also, controls felt a bit off. But as I moved on, magic happened. A true magic. Controls became natural, as if wiimote itself was designed for SMG and not the other way. The game kept getting better and better. And even once it became the best game in years, it didn't stop - it just kept on getting better.

I'm trying to keep my hype for SMG2 as low as possible, but it's pretty impossible. And only 1.5 months remain (fuck PAL-region :( )

Zeppu

richisawesome said:
On my PC (quad core 3.2ghz amd, 1gb radeon 5770, 4gb ram, windows 7 32bit), I can play Smash Bros Brawl in full 1080p with AA smoothing, at a full v-synced 60fps. Just to give you an idea.
Fucking sweet!

Wow I'm suddenly hyped as hell... I haven't given it much thought, but WOW we are getting a sequel that looks just as good if not better than one of the best modern videogames. HOLY SHIT!

Lijik

Ranger X said:
We actually need an artist drawing Mario and Luigi...

Mario: "Are you mister gay?" (looking at Luigi)

Luigi: "Yes I am. Are you?" (looking at Mario)
I don't know when I'm going to have time to properly finish this so I'll just post the sketch:
rumrgay.png

BowieZ

Banned
zigg said:
My first thought was Matter Splatter Mansion from Ghostly Galaxy, actually... very similar style and mechanics.

Huh?
zigg said:
Right, yes, I guess I shouldn't have said "very similar mechanics." It re-uses the idea of a moving shaped cut-out of a platform, though control of said cut-out and the challenge element are clearly different.

Either way, it doesn't say "Ghost House" to me. (I rather dislike Ghost Houses, actually.)
I think you misunderstand. The level seems to be a very very linear progression through a series of Ghost Houses (in fact the backdrop has an hilarious "asteroid belt" of ghost mansions :lol ), some using the Yoshi-style Matter Splatter mechanic, some actually inside corridors of a larger mansion (see: the third trailer).

But the mechanic isn't really the point; it's the notion that we're traveling through Ghost Houses this time and the focus is squarely on 2D platforming from A to B... rather than the haphazard jumbled 3D adventure through Ghostly Galaxy (or the bizarrely structured mess of Matter Splatter Galaxy).

Lijik said:
I don't know when I'm going to have time to properly finish this so I'll just post the sketch:
rumrgay.png
HOLY SHIT. This is amazing. Should be the very first image in The Thread.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
I hate LOST. Denied!

I think something definitely simple.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Thread *STAMPED*

I get the Zelda Wii thread.

Seriously I've been here for years I wanna do a console Zelda thread, even if the game doesnt wind up being that good.

Besides if it comes out at the end of the year, it'll fill that gap that the GOTY thread used to fill.

BowieZ said:
HOLY SHIT. This is amazing. Should be the very first image in The Thread.

When you say The Thread like that, I think of an inspirational movie based on the thread and in the trailer the announcer would be like "Based on the legendary thread that change hundreds of lives....forever."

AniHawk

BowieZ said:
In a forum where the ability to unequivocally praise a Mario game falls down... where monsters like BowieZ and wRAITHx roam free...

One thread will rise... one thread will change everything...

What we needed most was right in front of us the whole time...

Now we've got one last chance to make it right...

If you think you've seen it all, think again...

REUNIONS...

FORGIVENESS...

LOVE...

FOR REAL... FOREVER...

Starring posters who played Game-Of-The-Year-winner Super Mario Galaxy

If you only read one thread on NeoGAF this season, read...

THE THREAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHUUIJi9t8c

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
AniHawk said:
I get the Zelda Wii thread.

Seriously I've been here for years I wanna do a console Zelda thread, even if the game doesnt wind up being that good.

Besides if it comes out at the end of the year, it'll fill that gap that the GOTY thread used to fill.
I agree to this.

Top Bottom