• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

Gomu Gomu

Rctdaemon said:
gomugomu.gif

It that the speed you wanted? (I took it from your current avatar... one frame every 60ms)
Exactly thanks a lot :D.
@greg: Oh shit, didn't notice that when I flipped the original image horizontally.

Galang said:
That's so cute!
I know!!! :D

I Also made a female Pikachu version of it . . . and a SAMUS PIKACHU for Other M! It has a lil arm cannon and the Metroid symbol on his hat (and a version of that one with the mole! Wish I would have remembered to make a female version of that one but w/e, I can do that anytime)

IDK if I should just make them all the "randomized avatar" thing or just use them in stages . . . I can't wait to use the Metroid one!

You know you've entered full hype mode when everyone stops talking about the actual game for like two pages because we're all making avatars.

WillyFive

autobzooty said:
You know you've entered full hype mode when everyone stops talking about the actual game for like two pages because we're all making avatars.

It's Mario.

For the first time in 3 generations, he will return to be king for TWICE in one generation!

Maron

Darkgran said:
My son who is 6 is so excited for this game. Last night he made a Super Mario Galaxy 2 countdown chain for it. Just so everyone knows I'm just as excited and fully participated in the project.

C'mon, we both know you're not gonna let him play it! :lol

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone know what the release date is? I'd check myself but the internet in this hospital is terrible! I figured I'd pick up a Black Wii and both SMG games when I get out

Akai

InfiniteNine said:
Anyone know what the release date is? I'd check myself but the internet in this hospital is terrible! I figured I'd pick up a Black Wii and both SMG games when I get out

May 23rd!

InfiniteNine said:

May 23rd in NA.

Maron

InfiniteNine said:

Wow, both SMG games at the same time? I assume you haven't played the first one yet? You're in for a lot of fun.

InfiniteNine said:

I just got out of the hospital yesterday and SMG 2 is not here yet :(
Best wishes on getting well enough to get the hell out too

BowieZ

Banned
HeresSomeWeapons said:
Well this seems to confirm reports that the ice flower isn't coming back.

Why? Why would they do that? That was the best powerup in Galaxy.
Eh; why? Mario already had the ability to ice-skate without it, seemed like the ice flower added only the very obscure ability to step on water in two specific instances... now Mario can freeze bodies of water with a large red switch.

I'm glad Spring Mario is back. People who hate Spring Mario irritate me. (Hint: the controls are meant to be wacky.)

ShutDown202 said:
So whats the chances we'll get a Luigis Mansion homeage?
Another?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BowieZ said:
Eh; why? Mario already had the ability to ice-skate without it, seemed like the ice flower added only the very obscure ability to step on water in two specific instances... now Mario can freeze bodies of water with a large red switch.

I dig the spring Mario love, but the ice powerup should have returned and been explored in more water running, lava skating, waterfall jumping puzzles. It doesnt really make much sense to scrap it and have the useless fire flower return, switches or no switches.

zigg

Yeah, ice flower basically stomps the crap out of fire flower.

Though fire flower could have been better with some more thought given to the implementation.

MYE

Akai said:
Nowhere near new! Have you been purposely ignoring all the transmissions thus far!? =D

I think it has some new stuff, no? :lol

Hey, at least it looks like the vid is running at 60fps. And its GLORIOUS!!!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MYE said:

It's old :p.

But yes, it is in 60fps, and it is glorious!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
MYE said:

Not on this shitty computer. It looks like it is going 5fps to me.

WillyFive

The US teaser site is nice, using HTML5 (which is advanced internet technology from the future, and Nintendo is using it).

We need more 60 fps on the net. Or in games in general.

Doorman

BowieZ said:

I'm glad Spring Mario is back. People who hate Spring Mario irritate me. (Hint: the controls are meant to be wacky.)
Agreed on both counts. Ice Mario was cool and all (pun not intended) but ultimately it felt underutilized and there are already plenty of other things in the game that replace the functionality it brought. That and I'm still not a fan of timed power-ups for anything other than invincibility and maybe flight.

BowieZ said:
Yeah...was Ghostly Galaxy somehow not a nod to Luigi's Mansion? I guess it would be interesting to see Gadd show up...frankly I'm a little surprised he hasn't already made it onto the normal "Mario Spinoff" roster in lieu of weirder entrants like Petey. Why does it seem like Nintendo always makes interesting characters and then ignores them later?

Akai

Doorman said:
...frankly I'm a little surprised he hasn't already made it onto the normal "Mario Spinoff" roster in lieu of weirder entrants like Petey.

Petey is quite a bit more unique of a character than E. Gadd, really. And it's not like he's been completely ignored; he's in the first two Mario & Luigi titles, as well as a couple Mario Party games...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sometimes, i hate my avatar. There's too much animations to simply ask someone to add a mustache or a Mario cap or whatever special game/event is coming. :(

Bisnic said:
Sometimes, i hate my avatar. There's too much animations to simply ask someone to add a mustache or a Mario cap or whatever special game/event is coming. :(
Yeah, people arnt to into the idea of working with movement . . . My ava is only 17 frames long and only one person ever did anything for me in the year+ that I have been trying to get stuff done to it . . . and I'm pretty sure he stopped coming to gaf.

Had to do my own with a program I had never used.

Salsa

Bisnic said:

Yeah, i think the problem with mine is the letters ? dunno, if someone would kindly go mario on it, id be thankful.

Phoenixus

Any possibility someone could Mario-ize my Avi? Would make for an interesting combination given those earlier Sonic rumours. :lol

one_kill

zigg said:
Yeah, ice flower basically stomps the crap out of fire flower.

Though fire flower could have been better with some more thought given to the implementation.
It would've been cool if Mario actually turned into fire like how he turns into ice with the Ice Flower.

Top Bottom