• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario in Die Nacht des Grauens (Mario's german satanic comics)

Broach

Banned
I REMEMBER THIS. Classic stuff...

My favourite comic was the one with Diddy, Mario, Bomberman and a few others...were everything turned into ice? Want to read that again.

This was normal back in the day, manga and anime were less censored too than they werein the US..ya'll 'mericans are just too prude :p

Kuntz

I would kickstart the yoshit out of it to get a monthly issue.

This is the best thing I've seen since ages.

Seriously, that's awesome.

I want a NES/SNES spaceship dammit !

Cosmozone

Sorry for the bump but I just discovered those awesome comics. Unfortunately the only one I remember of the type was a very small comic advertising two different arcade sticks. But these are in a whole other league, holy. I NEED to read the whole "Nacht des Grauens" (there are two parts of it). It's really well written in a cool old-fashioned 70's style. "teuflisches Dreigestirn", haha!

I found a place where you could presumably download all the scans
http://www.classic-zone.de/comics.php
But the links are all not working. NOOOOOOO.....!

ash_ag

cAs4n9r.jpg
Huh.

Jacobi

Banned
These were awesome as hell, it was pretty sad when Club Nintendo didn't have them anymore. God damn, Club Nintendo was free too! Now I'm sad I gave them all away... But weren't these comics from Japan and just translated into German?

isis

Neo Member
These were awesome as hell, it was pretty sad when Club Nintendo didn't have them anymore. God damn, Club Nintendo was free too! Now I'm sad I gave them all away... But weren't these comics from Japan and just translated into German?

Nope. These were all custom-made for the German market. Basically the team who did the magazine and translated the games was batshit crazy and they had little oversight from Big N, but at the same time had all the resources. Kind of like the wild west of game translations. The german team would create the story for the comics, which was sent to Japan, where they were professionally drawn. Many catchphrases from the comics ("Holerö") would also make it into games.

Edit: I also would like to know where to download the german comics, as the site http://www.classic-zone.de seems to not be working anymore. Could anyone hook me up with the scans?

Devil

Wow, I remember almost all the pictures posted in here. I owned most of them myself. I don't even know what I did with the Club Nintendo magazines, probably just threw them away. Huge mistake :(

I also remember Club Nintendo comics about Banjo Kazooie which were rather weird as well. But I don't know if they were exclusive to the german issues too.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I was really sad as a kid, when Nintendo stopped doing the classic Club Nintendo magazine and the boring N-Zone staff took over the magazine.

Scoot2005

Banned
There were a bunch of these in and off topic thread a long time ago. Some Gaffers even have avatars from these.

Edit - I think it was off topic. I don't know for sure.

Top Bottom