• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

daydream

Banned
when you can realise that you can shake the sfx symbols to reveal more

the two dancing ones (samba & disco) have the best effects

Ninja Dom

The Download version of the game is available to buy now at GAME.co.uk

Will they give me the download code now if I buy it?

Because it's up on the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U, but not available to buy yet.

Sinthetic

Loving the game so far, it's so addictive. I finally completed the #1 ranked fan made level, damn it was hard! I'm yet to encounter my man Skinny Mario so gotta keep on playing.

The Special Edition is damn good, beautiful book full of content and the Amiibo is really big and heavy.

snR7cil.jpg

OipX92k.jpg

4e7dEV2.jpg

2QwtQTL.jpg

mIlI7IV.jpg

JxjWxip.jpg

Az8iKSH.jpg

qXz8GFA.jpg

Platy

- is there anything like the littlebigplanet website where you can preview levels and queue them up?
- is there a way to capture screenshots of your map so we don't just get a random number and have to jump in blindly? ;)

Not preview ..but the 10/100 Mario's queue them up with a skip possibility.

Miiverse has the image preview for levels next to the code

Blues1990

I keep hearing from different people that the art book that's included with the game is either a softcover or hardcover. Who's right?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Download version of the game is available to buy now at GAME.co.uk

Will they give me the download code now if I buy it?

Because it's up on the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U, but not available to buy yet.

They'll give you the code immediately, but I don't know whether the shop will let it download. Tempted too - basically no cheaper anywhere else?

Loving the game so far, it's so addictive. I finally completed the #1 ranked fan made level, damn it was hard! I'm yet to encounter my man Skinny Mario so gotta keep on playing.

The Special Edition is damn good, beautiful book full of content and the Amiibo is really big and heavy.

snR7cil.jpg

OipX92k.jpg

4e7dEV2.jpg

2QwtQTL.jpg

mIlI7IV.jpg

JxjWxip.jpg

Az8iKSH.jpg

qXz8GFA.jpg

Is this available in the US?

Ninja Dom

They'll give you the code immediately, but I don't know whether the shop will let it download. Tempted too - basically no cheaper anywhere else?

No, I've only found GAME UK website & the Nintendo Wii U eShop selling the download version, both at £34.99

It's not up on the Nintendo UK website store yet.

I just played it, easy but fun stuff, I liked that jump with the brick stairs. You were pretty generous with the mushrooms there considering there isn't much that is actually dangerous. XD

Also did you forget to put coins at all? If you go through the beginning portion of the stage on the top platforms then it appears to be a blind jump. You can actually see where you're going if you go down though. More generally you could have used them both as a guide and to fill up some empty space.

Yeah, easy but fun was what I was going for, none of that challenge level stuff, or Kaizo puzzle nonsense. Thanks for the feedback, tweaked things a little. May tweak that first jumping puzzle in the next few hours, but changed a few things for now.

- Added a ton of coins laying around, some to even hint at an optimal route through the course.
- Lowered the amount of mushrooms available and made the majority of ? blocks coin blocks.
- Coin surprise at pipe hill!
- Added another way to get to the off-screen secret route, hint, use the first flying red koopa!

New code for the revised version: 3259 0000 0012 0AB3

For a challenge level, your one was pretty rad. The flying green Koopas often behaved erratically and inconsistently each time I played the level though. And the red shell question mark block puzzle near the beginning to get the mushroom sometimes doesn't work.

The first puzzle is a bit of a doozy though. Which perhaps may put off people playing past that first point if they die a bit too much. A bit trial and error-y. Good level overall, loved the mid-point and the end of the course.

Layell

Is there a list of all the mystery mushroom characters yet? As I have understood there are many non-amiibo ones.

Jazzem

A big thanks to the folks who tried my levels :) Had a chance to try and enjoy Cheesemeister's, will try and play everyone else's later.

I made another:

Airship Approaching Ahead! - F859-0000-0012-1030

The packaging is easily one of the most appealing and successful Nintendo has ever made. I don't know how you could look at that box and not want it, even if you weren't into Mario.
The Japanese packaging is even better. The box is horizontal and looks very Famicom-esque.

Richie

If you upload a level with customized sound effects on it, it'll turn them into generic sounds online, I know that. But does this also apply to levels you send to friends specifically? Plenty of in-jokes I'd love to put there.

daydream

Banned
i'm not sure if this has to do with how many elements you got in your stage or with putting stuff down constantly to have the robot voice sing along to the music. the former would make more sense but if you switch artstyles, the only way to get the same effect is to do the latter

what i'm talking about: the background music gets gradually more involved, adding a drum line, bass, melody, etc.

again, incredible presentation!

Seeing how much everyone loves water levels and autoscrollers I just had to make that my first stage this unholy combo.
Wait? what do you mean no one likes that? well tough because here it is...

Swimming with the Switches
C77D-0000-0012-1085

Pro Tip: Keep that P block, in case the level name didn't tip you off.

Stoze

I hope I get this closer to tomorrow morning instead of late afternoon. I just couldn't resist the physical box + the 10$ off.

Porcile

The Japanese packaging is even better. The box is horizontal and looks very Famicom-esque.

That's true. Did they get the hardcover book as well? Either way, everything from the outer box, game box art, Amiibo packaging and the book design is just so on point.

Sinthetic

Synthetic's amazing pictures above show a hardcover.

Thanks mate! Absolutely right, very good quality hardcover.

The packaging is easily one of the most appealing and successful Nintendo has ever made. I don't know how you could look at that box and not want it, even if you weren't into Mario.

Agreed all the way, it's just so nice to look at. You feel good looking at the packaging like you do when the sun is out haha.

Damn that book is cute - is that only in the amiibo bundle or the standard too?

Also with the non Amiibo Limited Edition I believe!

Is this available in the US?

I would hope so!

Only NOA could be so ridiculously cheap as to (probably) reuse NSMB/MK cases and deny us a hardcover book. Wow. "Worst branch" status continues.

Forgive me if this was mentioned before, but will there be another OT specifically for SMM-GAF level creations? It'd be cool to have them all in one place, and maybe have the posts laid out in a streamlined format:

Name of Level
Level Share Code
Description
Thumbnails/pictures

May be a nice way to get some feedback. Just my two coins though.

Only NOA could be so rediculously cheap as to (probably) reuse NSMB/MK cases and deny us a hardcover book. Wow. "Worst branch" status continues.

I'm pretty scared for how we're going to be treated in the NX era. I'm praying for a region free console so I can rid myself of NoA forever.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So guys... Are the levels that people make cool, regular platforming levels for the most part? I saw Polygons video piece on the 5 best Mario Maker levels so far and they all seemed absolutely dreadful -- super fast auto scrolling levels, gimmicky bullshit everywhere (avoid these flying mushrooms so you can stay small and finish the level! Yay) I don't want to play that kind of Mario. I want well-designed, good ole fashioned platforming. Please tell me people are staying sane with this.

NateDrake

So guys... Are the levels that people make cool, regular platforming levels for the most part? I saw Polygons video piece on the 5 best Mario Maker levels so far and they all seemed absolutely dreadful -- super fast auto scrolling levels, gimmicky bullshit everywhere (avoid these flying mushrooms so you can stay small and finish the level! Yay) I don't want to play that kind of Mario. I want well-designed, good ole fashioned platforming. Please tell me people are staying sane with this.
Depends the creator. Some will go insane with poorly designed stages packed with enemies to create a "challenge".

Edit: What do you think of this stage: https://youtu.be/S6uLXCrod5A?t=20m32s

Kinsei

Banned

I've seen some in streams and videos. I plan on attempting to make levels like what you seem to want.

You and I need to exchange friend codes. I plan on releasing challenging, intelligent platforming levels. Primarily in Mario 3 style. How do I find out what my code is?

Getting my pre-order at Best Buy tomorrow at 9am assuming the shipments are on time, will also try to get the 8-bit Amiibo. I already have all the pins from E3 including the special gold pin given out at the NWC which I was able to get too. :) I'll post pics when I can.

I'm pretty scared for how we're going to be treated in the NX era. I'm praying for a region free console so I can rid myself of NoA forever.

This.

Though there's no ways to make overworlds I think it'd be fun to create our own 'series' like some communities do with SMW Hacks. (SWMCentral, for example) Could either be competitions or just overall collabs.

PSqueak

Banned

Don't you talk shit about "Winners don't do Shrooms", it was the most creative use of the day one toolset.

daydream

Banned
alright, got all the editor tools unlocked

next step: follow some gaffers!

Though there's no ways to make overworlds I think it'd be fun to create our own 'series' like some communities do with SMW Hacks. (SWMCentral, for example) Could either be competitions or just overall collabs.

i like the idea, will definitely give it some thought!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
You and I need to exchange friend codes. I plan on releasing challenging, intelligent platforming levels. Primarily in Mario 3 style. How do I find out what my code is?
I'll definitely be in this topic, and I'd be happy to share it with you, but I have no idea what my friend code is. Does Wii U even use those? Lol I have no idea. I know my Miiverse name is MetroidMario, is that enough?

Robin64

11A8-0000-0011-F304 for my first course, if you want to use it to follow me.

I tried to make something simple and short, albeit with a theme, but that might appear in a Mario. No Kaizo, no auto-play.

Top Bottom