• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

AdanVC

Yikes. Watching this kinda difficult level made by the Treehouse it truly is a bummer we don't have checkpoints... the guy loses and he needs to start all over again. This will truly limit the creation process a lot if you really want to make a super difficult level...

clav

Man, some of these levels that Nintendo is showcasing live is AVGN rage of bad games.

This design is not fun.

oti

Banned
Opened the Mario amiibo to try the Retro effect and to be totally honest it's not really worth it. I'll just keep the amiibo on my desk since it looks pretty cool. Kinda thinking about cancelling my modern Mario amiibo pre-order though.

Luigi87

Bummer.
I figured they would edit it so you cannot say curse words.
Was hoping to get creative with making music courses.

Yeah they pretty much have to outright prevent custom sounds online as both an anti-profanity, and copyright protection method.

Mik2121

Posting this level here again if it's OK!
It's my first finished level, fairly simple and meant to be clear easily but with a couple tricks and hidden things.

Hello World 01
16FE-0000-0011-72C5

Feedback is welcome!

AdanVC

Now the Treehouse stream became really boring because of the guy losing over and over again and starting over and over again :(

daydream

Banned
My hello world. It's very short but milimetric. They're 7 jumps.

Trampolines chungos
AD31-0000-0012-200E

i liked the minimalistic challenge of it, took me a lot of tries to beat it!

Hey you, yes you there. Do you like Bullet Bills? Do you like the funky guitar playing character KK Slider? Of course you do. So why not combine the two and play my new level "Sliding with Bill"

AB8A 0000 0012 2217

the level felt a bit "loose" at spots but the bullet bills created some cool patterns here and there that were fun to engage with. kk is always a plus, of course. i think you could totally make a great level out of this, there's definitely an idea here!

I have a question that's probably been asked and answered a million times. But how do you access the levels that were made for this game, such as the Facebook challenge, the NWC levels, etc? I was under the impression that the 100 and 10 Mario challenges were comprised of random levels...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Do the Amiibo Costumes unlock in order?

The Melle Mushroom Kingdom Adventure Map idea I had is so gonna be done by someone else before I get a chance, damnit.

WALKMAN04

Yikes. Watching this kinda difficult level made by the Treehouse it truly is a bummer we don't have checkpoints... the guy loses and he needs to start all over again. This will truly limit the creation process a lot if you really want to make a super difficult level...
Yeah I completely agree, the part that makes it even more stupid as that he is trying to rush through the whole level because he obviously wants to tackle the part that was difficult and only gets stupid deaths in return making it even more boring, it wasn't even that hard, checkpoints would have made the level way better, just 1 checkpoint once you reach the underground section would have been perfect
After watching this Treehouse I feel like DLC checkpoints are confirmed ;)
Yeah I hope it's in a future patch.

Platy

It is funny there is no checkpoints. The original SMB had check points.

Probably would be hard to test if the checkpoint leave you without being able to finish the level.

Like to upload you would need to complete the level and them complete the level with small mario starting from the checkpoint ?

King_Moc

Banned
I had an unlock message but skipped on playing the tutorial. I think it said I can redo it? Anyone know how? I've had nothing unlock for a while and I think it might be missing that that's done it.

As silly as it might sound, a lot of my excitement about this game comes from the prospect of being able to make piss-easy levels that my almost-four-year-old son can play. I'm hoping that this will be the gateway game to get him into controller-based gaming.

Kinsei

Banned
As silly as it might sound, a lot of my excitement about this game comes from the prospect of being able to make piss-easy levels that my almost-four-year-old son can play. I'm hoping that this will be the gateway game to get him into controller-based gaming.

That's not silly at all, it's sweet.

Nope, his generation is stuck with touchscreen gaming forever!

Rage at the dying of the light

zeioIIDX

That's amazing...I actually didn't think to do that. I have a 6 year old daughter and while I was already beating the original Mario games when I was younger than she is, I think she'd have trouble with Mario platformers lol. It's funny to think that she has no trouble getting to the final boss of Splatoon at her age but playing an older game like Mario Bros is hard for her.

Kouriozan

I had an unlock message but skipped on playing the tutorial. I think it said I can redo it? Anyone know how? I've had nothing unlock for a while and I think it might be missing that that's done it.
When you unlock new stuff, there is a demo course to show you some of what you unlocked.
You can replay it anytime in the robot thing, there is a button to play on-disc levels so it should be there.

Simbabbad

So, I have the game, and finished all the 10 Mario Challenge levels (most of them being short and not very good, honestly, online levels are better so far), which unlocks the NWC levels... but on the "demo levels" menu, World 1 and World 2 are still empty. How do you unlock those?

Kouriozan

So, I have the game, and finished all the 10 Mario Challenge levels (most of them being short and not very good, honestly, online levels are better so far), which unlocks the NWC levels... but on the "demo levels" menu, World 1 and World 2 are still empty. How do you unlock those?
I've played 10 Mario challenge 4 or 5 times and those 2 row are still empty, it's random and based on what level you play in this challenge.

Stoze

Not silly, that's a legit reason to get excited. You can fine-tune issues on the fly to tailor it to him.

I'd like to make a level which can help nail the aspect of holding the run button down constantly. I still see even older players or reviewers forget about the run button from time to time.

I badly wanted the American version to come with the Amiibo because I know how hard those things are to find by themselves. Assholes are going to buy the 8 bit mario amiibo without buying the game I just know it. freakin flippers

Endy MacK

Yep! I was thinking the same thing. Levels with no enemies, or pits. Just simple jumps and obstacles that can't kill you :)

cyba89

Probably would be hard to test if the checkpoint leave you without being able to finish the level.

Like to upload you would need to complete the level and them complete the level with small mario starting from the checkpoint ?

Just make it so items you had at the checkpoint carry over after death and also have a 'start from the beginning'-option.

Simbabbad

I've played 10 Mario challenge 4 or 5 times and those 2 row are still empty, it's random and based on what level you play in this challenge.
It's not entirely random, it never plays twice the same level until you've beaten them all.

Anyway, like I said, I got a message telling me I beat all 10 Mario Challenge levels, which, as I said, unlocks the NWC levels. And yet the World 1 and World 2 rows are empty. So I'm wondering how you unlock them.

Top Bottom