• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

iiicon

This game is great.

I mean, it looks great. I haven't touched it. My 5yo niece and 7yo nephew have been glued to the Gamepad for the last 4 hours.

Love this game. Already made 3 levels hope you guys can try them out and looking forward to comments.

Underground pipes 1: 369A-0000-0016-D518

Escape from lakitu: 096B-0000-0016-B01C

Up & Down 1: 5805-0000-0016-86A3

Still unlocking stuff but taking my time.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I have been playing for a few hours now but no new pieces have been unlocked as far as I can tell. I was hoping the 15 minute period would be working by now, and I updated to the newest version.

maxcriden

Finally got to play a bit! My wife's making a level for me to play right now. Yay! Realized we had an amiibo so we unlocked Toad. That's neat. The presentation is terrific. So far we did the tutorial, the first selection of 10 Mario Challenge levels, and played a few online. Lol. My wife is a much harsher Mario critic than even I am! She was not too impressed with a few of the levels we tried. Including the Super Shmup Bros. one and especially a level that was an automatic press nothing and win level that as I saw mentioned here earlier is one kind of level people rate really highly. She also rightly pointed out that the Thwomps in the Holly Roger Bay level are a bit cheap and should be visible.

I did play a Simple Parkour level that popped up that was short but fun. I think I recognized the name as a GAFer-made level. Fun level, kudos!

Any consensus on the best user levels so far?

rec0ded1

Pretty simple for my first level but tried to add secret(s) that would've made my 7 year old self freak out when finding them.

8EDB-0000-0019-0593

ika

Yeah I'm seeing low completion rates for moderate to moderately hard levels. You have a wide range of player skill getting into these I think

Yeah, I think the problem is that if one person tries and dies 20 times, that will make the completion rate fall like a rock...

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I can't get past the Goomba climb just after the awkward duck-jump piranha plants.

I fall too slowly to catch it reliably and having to retry if I clip it certainly kills the fun. =

If the goomba is falling that fast, you've waited too long. I do agree that putting that part halfway through the level is a little evil, though.

I know this has probably been mentioned many times before, but LOL @ having to search by course ID instead of name. Only Nintendo would do something as incredibly stupid as that.

I'm loving this game, don't get me wrong, but that just floored me. What year is this again?

lt519

I know this has probably been mentioned many times before, but LOL @ having to search by course ID instead of name. Only Nintendo would do something as incredibly stupid as that.

I'm loving this game, don't get me wrong, but that just floored me. What year is this again?

It'd be pretty hard to sort through all of the World 1-1 named levels. I could see having both, but a name only might be an issue when there are over a couple million courses.

JonnyKong

To be fair, it's probably just as quick typing in an ID than the full name of a level.

The only major thing that's bugging me at the moment is the fact there isn't any kind of notification to let us know if a maker we're following has uploaded a new level or not.

Question:

How can I put "timers" on certain things? For example I want these piranha plants to come out of the green pipes on at a time and NOT that they all come out at the same time. I've seen it in levels from others, so how? :)

It'd be pretty hard to sort through all of the World 1-1 named levels. I could see having both, but a name only might be an issue when there are over a couple million courses.

I see where you're coming from, but at the very least it should be an option. That's going to severely limit the exposure that levels get. Coming up with good names won't even matter, because no one will even be able to search by name! Unbelievable.

Crisium

Just finished my last level. When you unlock the sub-level it opens a world full of possibilities. This one is way longer than my previous maps and it mixes ground with caves.

I called it "A Mario adventure".

ID: C865-0000-0018-D91D

Also there are three 1-up mushrooms in the level, let's see if you can get them all. And don't forget to tell your impressions ;)

You can check my other maps as well, I already uploaded 9... This game is absorbing me :D

I found 2 of the 1-ups. A fun level. I had problems with the P Switch though, as I died twice since I grabbed it when I jumped up to it. I had to purposely let go of the run button on that part (it goes against my instincts to do this ha). The Bowser encounter was crazy and one of my favouite I have found so far.

Play mine if you have time, top route is recommended.

I can't get past the Goomba climb just after the awkward duck-jump piranha plants.

I fall too slowly to catch it reliably and having to retry if I clip it certainly kills the fun. =

Pretty much my experience, so close to finally toppling it but that third and final goomba pipe I just couldn't time right.
If nothing else this gave my SMB1 limitations a work out, started like complete crap, excited with a better handle on the momentum so there's that.

XaosWolf

Trying the Expert 100 Mario Challenge... I can see why people don't like it.

If there is at any point a blind jump/drop, a cheap death before the exit or you can immediately see the entire level is just an enemy flood - you get skipped immediately.

These people are lucky they can't be down voted.

Pretty much my experience, so close to finally toppling it but that third and final goomba pipe I just couldn't time right.
If nothing else this gave my SMB1 limitations a work out, started like complete crap, excited with a better handle on the momentum so there's that.

It certainly brushed off the rust. I know I'm back on form when most of my jumps are with Mario facing the wrong way. =P

My first level; it's a Castle Themed Stage!

Hammer Bros. Abode - A078-0000-0018-A726

Not exactly a long stage, and is a bit of a combination of Easy/Intermediate difficulty. Hope you like it and isn't horrible! I cannot wait until i unlock the SMW tileset. Once that's unlocked, I'm going ham.

took me about 15-20 tries but finally got it! I kept trying to hang on to a red koopa to throw at the hanmer guys but it kept wakingg up and hitting me before i even got to them :p fun level, good work

Vitet

I found 2 of the 1-ups. A fun level. I had problems with the P Switch though, as I died twice since I grabbed it when I jumped up to it. I had to purposely let go of the run button on that part (it goes against my instincts to do this ha). The Bowser encounter was crazy.

Play mine if you have time, top route is recommended.

Same as me while the testing the P-switch, it's hard to let go that run button xD

I asume the 1-up you left is the one
past the Bullet Bills to the left of the ceiling pipe you have to enter

Crisium

Same as me while the testing the P-switch, it's hard to let go that run button xD

I asume the 1-up you left is the one
past the Bullet Bills to the left of the ceiling pipe you have to enter

You mean to the right? I thought their might be something hidden back there, but on my subsequent lives I ended up just running and flying to the ceiling pipe with the Racoon tail to skip the Bullet Bills. Sequence skip yo. ;)

Vitet

You mean to the right? I thought their might be something hidden back there, but on my subsequent lives I ended up just running and flying to the ceiling pipe with the Racoon tail to skip the Bullet Bills. Sequence skip yo. ;)

Yeah that's right!
I played yours. Cool idea but I had to take a leap of fight at the end of the top route. Maybe you can put an arrow when you get them. And the last wall before Bowser is pure evil

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Another simple one
Infiltrating the Airship
79E3-0000-0019-5181
WVW69iX-xoE_RpPN4d

PSqueak

Banned
Played about 45 mins on my lunchbreak (back at work currently), made a level exclusively to muck around and unlocking things, but seems like i didn't unlock anything on my about 30 mins of effective creation mode game time, is there any list yet of how to trigger the early deliveries?

The only thing i didn't do with the initial toolset (i realized it on my way to work) is making giant enemies.

Durden77

Second level done! Still only have the initial tools so it's still pretty basic, but I think it's pretty fun. Just went for a natural feeling Mario level.

97BA-0000-0019-646E

My first level's doing pretty good. 26 runs and 7 stars. 12.71%. Crazy, I didn't think it was that hard. And it's short.

The notification stuff in this game is awesome and the creation tools are so fun an easy. This might be the first creator game that I actually spend a lot of time creating stuff. I just wish you could watch people play your levels.

Teknoman

I've gotten stars and some clears on my first level, but no comments yet. Maybe its too barebones or not devious enough? Only made it with the initial set of stuff (plus a spiny).

Finally unlocked the underwater stuff though, and about to unlock castle, so 1-2 should be a lot more interesting.

Teknoman

Second level done! Still only have the initial tools so it's still pretty basic, but I think it's pretty fun. Just went for a natural feeling Mario level.

97BA-0000-0019-646E

My first level's doing pretty good. 26 runs and 7 stars. 12.71%. Crazy, I didn't think it was that hard. And it's short.

The notification stuff in this game is awesome and the creation tools are so fun an easy. This might be the first creator game that I actually spend a lot of time creating stuff. I just wish you could watch people play your levels.

That needs to be the next patch feature.

Top Bottom