• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Kjellson

Just uploaded another level. This game is addicting as fuck.

A Walk in the Park
5A18-0000-0029-1680

My best one yet I think. I got some ideas for my next one at the part towards the end there.

JRBechard

This worked out a lot better than I hoped:

Return to Subcon - 3584-0000-0029-2568
sUzCezH.jpg

It's Super Mario Bros. 2's 1-1 if it appeared in Super Mario Bros 3!

Oops EDIT: Meant to edit the other post, not quote it. Sorry

tkscz

Remade my third level "Lakitu's Hideout" to be a bit easier: 5DF0-0000-0028-E786

Made a new level "Lakitu run down" which is pretty difficult, but possible: 1238-0000-0029-1C70

Kangi

Tried a more typical level without a central gimmick. I always run into the issue, when creating these types of levels, of becoming bored with it and quickly finishing it in frustration. So it just winds up being a dull mess with no sense of direction.

00xkr7h.png

I'd prefer Mr. Chomp's Wild Ride not be my least popular course, but everybody wants to get off Mr. Chomp's Wild Ride.

lt519

Last level for the night. Airship level that starts with two sort of puzzle sections and then ends with two skill based platforming sections. No tricks, surprises, or trial and error; just have to figure out the right approach. All my previous levels I beat on my first try, this is the first one where I've actually died so the skill level is higher.

AC91-0000-0029-302E

WVW69iYWpNAcZv_tWy

It's not perfect but I've just been toying with ideas. Please check it out and give some feedback!! I haven't had to many GAFfers try my levels.

For an easier one check out my castle, it's probably the best one I've made so far:

8C33-0000-0026-B602

I'm surprised that the competition rates for my courses are so low. They might have some difficult sections sometimes but they all have a lot of power ups and sometimes an alternate easier road.
Anyway, these are the courses I've made today:
Training Grounds: 84B3-0000-0027-64AB
Infiltrating Bowser's Airship: D46A-0000-0025-9FB5
The Ghost Mansion's Secret Stars: C352-0000-0021E62D
Aerodynamics of Vine Jumping: DB03-0000-021-203C​

And the ones I posted yesterday:
The Cave of Illusions: D323-0000-0015-7277
Bowser's Underwater Invasion: A671-0000-0015-EE5B​

I took a shot at a Super Mario World Level (there aren't enough of these)

It's my first level so it's probably a bit aimless, but any feedback is very much appreciated.

Towers and Tunnels (F1D5-0000-0023-489E)

My favorite level so far. Very reminiscent of original SMW levels and I love that you didn't fall into overusing certain things for shock value.

Seriously great work.

MoxManiac

I wonder if my level is too hard. 0% completion rate so far. I tried to make it very reasonable but maybe people are impatient? Anyways here it is:

Above and Below (SMB)

Mildly complex level that has you traversing two layers in the main course with occasional jaunts into the underworld:

D05B-0000-0026-B992

Beats

Made my second level Hoppin' on Troopas: A9FF-0000-0029-3287

It may be somewhat difficult, but it's forgiving for the most part. You can go through it slow, but it's possible to really speed through it and there are multiple ways to clear some sections.

Feedback is appreciated. :]

also, my first level has a 6.66% clear rate with only one clear and fifteen tries by four different people lol. It's a mainly some puzzle sections with a bit of platforming, but maybe the solutions are a bit too weird or hard? I dunno. I made a more straightforward level this time. : <

Anteo

2 New Stages!:

This is my 1-3:

Time to climb

xMqGKeH.jpg

Code: 5CD1-0000-0026-C6DD

And this is 1-4

Whose army is this

HtStXl2.jpg

Code: E27D-0000-0029-4A0D

Feedback is appreciated

Now, time to check some gaf stages!

GulAtiCa

Is there anyway to hide the Miiverse comments in a course? They are really annoying and distracting for the more popular levels...

Forkball

My Waluigi course has the most likes out of any of my levels. People. Want. More. Waluigi.

I will tackle the expert 100 Mario challenge later on. I have 43 lives to complete eight levels. CAN I DO IT OR WILL I BREAK MY WII U INSTEAD?

Nester

Is there anyway to hide the Miiverse comments in a course? They are really annoying and distracting for the more popular levels...

Yep, hit Start and on the Gamepad there's a section that says Comments, click that until it turns into a red X

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if my level is too hard. 0% completion rate so far. I tried to make it very reasonable but maybe people are impatient? Anyways here it is:

Above and Below (SMB)

Mildly complex level that has you traversing two layers in the main course with occasional jaunts into the underworld:

D05B-0000-0026-B992

I was able to finish it.

Loved the backtracking.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I made the coolest recreation of Mega Man X's Highway Stage, complete with NMB Mario + Beetle Helmet + Fire Flower to simulate X. It was perfect---even used those colored blocks in the ground setting to simulate the futuristic buildings.

Then...I accidentally turned off the Wii U. And I hadn't saved.

I'm literally crying right now. Fuck I spent like 5 hours on that fine-tuning everything, using a video of Mega Man X to simulate the general length and enemy placement---it was pretty neat I thought. :(

Just a simple level. Since my first level seemed to have a low clear rate I made this one easier.

Cloud Top Fun!
4099-0000-0027-947C

If you try it, please let me know.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Whoa...I guess this game auto-saves your stage when you try and upload it!

Fuck yeah...guys, get ready for it!

Spent all evening on one level. It's my tribute to Spelunky 1-1. [?] blocks all have mushrooms. Take your time and think before you act, like in Spelunky. I packed it full of references, I hope you can catch some of them. Enjoy!

WVW69iYWyEYeN1CwyT

Tribute to Spelunky 1-1
4159-0000-0029-44B8

batbeg

My first level made with the dumb limited tools. Not very hard, pretty barebones, though I tried to include alternate harder routes. Just feeling it out for now. I did put a couple minor devious parts.

650E-0000-0029-6657

A couple of questions. Can I change am enemies direction without making them bunko into things? And where do I access the shadow Mario that shows your path?

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Just a simple level. Since my first level seemed to have a low clear rate I made this one easier.

Cloud Top Fun!
4099-0000-0027-947C

If you try it, please let me know.

Tried it. Only bit of feedback I have is that it was easy, but as you've said it was a first simple level, I'm sure you expected that.

2 New Stages!:

This is my 1-3:

Time to climb

xMqGKeH.jpg

Code: 5CD1-0000-0026-C6DD

And this is 1-4

Whose army is this

HtStXl2.jpg

Code: E27D-0000-0029-4A0D

Feedback is appreciated

Now, time to check some gaf stages!

Just tried Whose army is this. It's a fun level. Definitely enjoyed it. Can you go down any of the pipes above?

I did like it :)

lt519

My favorite level so far. Very reminiscent of original SMW levels and I love that you didn't fall into overusing certain things for shock value.

Seriously great work.

Yeah, this was a great level, I can't wait until I unlock that SMW and sub-levels. I'm more appreciative of the fair levels that don't feel cheap or overuse gimmicks. I do feel like I skipped a few portions of the levels carrying some shells around and doing some tricky jumping.

Give mine a go guys, I need some GAF love!

Difficult: AC91-0000-0029-302E
Easy: 8C33-0000-0026-B602

So I just played some levels where I turned into a squid from Splatoon and then another one where I turned into Samus. The Splatoon one even had the level complete sound from the SP campaign!

What.

What.

No one told me about this. What a pleasant surprise!

Beats

Above and Below (SMB)

D05B-0000-0026-B992

Just finished this one. Pretty good level! I think it's fine the way it is.

jepense

I made an airship level after having unlocked those tools.

WVW69iYW7vYjLnMdkW

Name: Cannonball cakewalk
ID: 04E2-0000-0029-5B29
Style: SMB3 airship
Difficulty: hard
Descption: I tried to make a level in the style of SMB 3 airships. The level is about precision platforming and although it is possible to clear it without bouncing on cannonballs, it's meant to be completed by bouncing on cannonballs. It's hard, but I don't think unreasonably so. The difficulty comes from challenging jumps, but I tried to telegraph what you are supposed to do and there is some room to breathe after each challenge section. You also get plenty of mushrooms to help againt getting hit. (But they won't save you from falling. I don't have the leaf yet!) Perhaps world 6-7 level of difficulty?

NateDrake

Had a friend make a level tonight. She thought it would be fun to see people leap into the air without knowing what's to come & came up with this design. It's pretty simple but fun:
WVW69iYWw4c4MTMY1k

B0BC-0000-0029-41F9

steveovig

I swore I wouldn't make any levels but I couldn't resist, so here it is...

8772-0000-0029-6FA4
Vandelay 1-1

It isn't much but please give it a try!

cloudyy

Cemetery 1-1
482A-0000-0029-71FF

Adding wings to a boo makes him fly faster!

WVW69iYXGJkdWXq0xJ

--
How do you increase the 10 courses upload limit?

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
My first level made with the dumb limited tools. Not very hard, pretty barebones, though I tried to include alternate harder routes. Just feeling it out for now. I did put a couple minor devious parts.

650E-0000-0029-6657

A couple of questions. Can I change am enemies direction without making them bunko into things? And where do I access the shadow Mario that shows your path?

Was able to finish it. Glad that there was that Paratroopa pipe instead of a single one.

RaidenZR

Had to try my hand at an airship stage. Tried to make it a little difficult (but not too much so).

Airship Assault
2426 0000 0026 8D09

8v5b.jpg

Memles

Made what I'd consider to be my first "full" level, complete with sub level. It was a concept that started as something very basic, but became more elaborate, and involved way more use of the grid system than I'd have expected.

COwMiCLWgAAl4e1.jpg

Friendly Giant in the Skies
Course ID: C829-0000-0029-613F
Difficulty: Moderate

I would call this an exploration/experience level, albeit one with a few tricky sections here and there. There's also some scattered 1-Up Mushrooms to find, if you want to explore some of the spaces outside of the basic path.

Last I checked no one had completed the stage I made earlier today, if someone would be so kind to give it a go and let me know why it is too hard to figure out what to do that would be sweet.

My Kind Of Amusement Park - (0A91-0000-0023-E6E8)

Tried it out. I got up to the wall where the goal is plenty of times, but I just can't get up. My main problem is that it's not clear what I'm supposed to do. I'm so confused once I get up there and get Yoshi. Otherwise, it was really satisfying to finally nail that music block ascent. Nice work.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Love this game and the toolset, very charming stuff. That being said, most of the stuff at the top of the leaderboards is hot garbage, I'm not a big fan of the gimmickry. Guess that's where GAF comes in, better start trying some of your guys/gals courses :)

Do we have any easy way of doing this yet? I'm still oblivious to how the friend system on Wii u works, despite owning the system since launch :/

Top Bottom