• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

LQX

Still up on Gamestop and BestBuy so they must have allocated a lot of units to each site. Nintendo must have got a hold of stock issues and plan to meet demand this holiday.

Still up on Gamestop and BestBuy so they must have allocated a lot of units to each site. Nintendo must have got a hold of stock issues and plan to meet demand this holiday.

Also wouldn't surprise me if pre-orders are soft for this at the moment, particularly on Best Buy's site, who will pre-authorize that entire $380 amount for up to a week on your account as soon as you pre-order it. It's been quite a bit easier to find a Switch in NA recently, so it wouldn't surprise me if this bundle will take a bit longer to sell out than other Switch SKUs.

It's going to be a huge item this holiday though, no doubt. If I would have told you at the start of this year that Nintendo will sell a $380 Switch bundle this holiday season and people would be excited to buy it, you'd have called me insane.

RPGCrazied

I hope your right. I hope my order goes through and ships. I went with gamestop because they don't charge before ship. Just hope they aren't over taking orders past their allotment.

Fitts

I learned two things in this thread:

-A bundle doesn't necessitate a discount. Actually, this implies a $20 premium for a cheap looking case.

-A Switch on its own costs $300. I could've sworn they were $250. No idea why I thought that, but considering I don't want/need the tablet and just want to play the games on my TV with the pro controller it will likely be a long time until the value is there for me.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
That's pretty dumb tbh. Tinfoil hat status. If you lose your Switch, the games stay tied to your account.

Are people that mad they can't get pennies on the dollar a year later at gamestop?
If you lose your Switch in 20 years, then the servers might be off and you need to get each game anew. If you have retail games, you just have to rebuy a Switch and play all your games again. Very tinfoily.

CTLance

Neat, but kinda meh deal. Personally, I'm still lacking in hype for the game, but I also already own a switch, so no skin off my nose. Or Nintendo's.

Off topic: I'm somewhat offended Luigi has been forgotten so soon after the recent-ish Year Of Luigi. I say, the left Joycon should have been Luigi green. Even if he doesn't show up in the game(?).

You will pry my neon orange/blue joycons from my cramped up dead hands, you uniformly-coloured-Joycon heretics.

deafmedal

Not impressed with the bundle tbh. Don't really care to go digital on Nintendo and some red Joycons and a bag aren't enough a reason for me to even consider going digital with Odyssey. Went ahead and picked up a grey system at Target along with the reg controller and MarioKart as I am really looking forward to Odyssey and didn't want to risk not being able to get a console with holidays coming up.

I was gonna hold off for a couple years but the hype got me... can't resist a new proper 3D Mario!

Z..

That's the retail price for those items. They don't need to cut you a deal during the Switch's first holiday season.
They don't need to, but this bundle isn't gonna sell as much as it could/should if it doesn't give you better value. That's the whole point of bundles.
Plus, let's be honest, you can get a better (not prettier, though) carry case for significantly less than 20$ and the game should really be physical in a system that's so strapped for storage. Very weird "bundle" if you ask me. 350$ really should've been the price point, c'mon.

They don't need to, but this bundle isn't gonna sell as much as it could/should if it doesn't give you better value. That's the whole point of bundles.
Plus, let's be honest, you can get a better (not prettier, though) carry case for significantly less than 20$ and the game should really be physical in a system that's so strapped for storage. Very weird "bundle" if you ask me. 350$ really should've been the price point, c'mon.
They will sell through every single one of these that they put on shelves this year.

That's probably what we would've seen if Neogaf's January predictions would've come true. If you're not selling then you need something to sweeten the deal yeah? But the console is selling and Mario is Mario so Nintendo can be bullish and get the most bang for their buck.

Although I do agree that $350 would've been a no-brainer purchase, unlike the ridiculous $300 that was suggested earlier on.

ramparter

Banned
man my quest to collect every joycon is being thwarted by NoA's inability to bring the joycons over here... i could import but i feel like it's a sign that i shouldn't be buying any more of these lol
Even if you settle for just a left or right only for every color we are counting already 7 colors with Mario red included...

Mario Red Joy-Cons:

nintendo-switch-joycon-controllers-red-537095.4.jpg

Neon Red Joy-Cons:

nintendo-switch-joycon-controllers-neon-red-507021.2.jpg

Pink Right Joy-Con:

nintendo-switch-joycon-controllers-neon-green-neon-pink-522309.2.jpg

Ok I can see the difference now. Its easier to notice with them next to each other Thanks for sharing!

Z..

They will sell through every single one of these that they put on shelves this year.

You've gotta be from NA, I assume. When will you guys comprehend you are NOT the entire world? Switches are just sitting on the shelves in most places here in the EU, there's no shortage of them whatsoever. It's selling well enough but it's not like over there. This bundle won't work well here at all at this value... And there's significantly more of us here.

The switch itself is retailing for 395$ over here so this bundle should be selling for 490$. It's just pure insanity from our perspective and there's over 700 million of us.

You've gotta be from NA, I assume. When will you guys comprehend you are NOT the entire world? Switches are just sitting on the shelves in most places here in the EU, there's no shortage of them whatsoever. It's selling well enough but it's not like over there. This bundle won't work well here at all at this value... And there's significantly more of us here.

The switch itself is retailing for 395$ over here so this bundle should be selling for 490$. It's just pure insanity from our perspective and there's over 700 million of us.

It is beginning to slow down a bit in the states as well. This morning my eight closest best buy's and 10 of the 12 closest Walmart's have them in stock.

Only Nintendo would raise the price months after release and still manage to get people to buy into it.

Don't encourage this!

I just bought two last night from Jet for $280 each... That is a deal.

Zedark

Only Nintendo would raise the price months after release and still manage to get people to buy into it.

Don't encourage this!

I just bought two last night from Jet for $280 each... That is a deal.
Raise price? You do know the bundle includes a carry case, right? It's not a deal but it's not over the price of the separate parts either.

RPGCrazied

Another reason why I put in an order now, because I fear closer to Christmas its going to be impossible to get a switch unless you are willing to buy from scalped prices, which I'm not.

And I must play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 day 1.

Planet

Oh, fuck you very much, too, Nintendo of Europe! Here, they just stripped the carrying case from the bundle, and it also cost €10 more than other bundles (e.g. with Mario Rabbids).

Finally a bundle which is neither boring grey nor an eyesore combination of odd colors, and the included game really interests me, but then this.

I think I'm going to wait for a Switch that has more than 32GB of internal storage.
That's the worst reason I've heard so far. When microSD card are cheap, they're currently available with sizes up to 400GB, and the Switch supports up to 2TB when they eventually become available.

You'll be probably be waiting a very long time, Nintendo has no incentive to increase the internal storage, especially when global shortage of memory chips is the #1 reason slowing down their production.

RPGCrazied

Man, gamestop.com must have got a huge order, its still up, or there are going to be some upset people when they over order, and cancel them. I normally don't like digital, but since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out, its staying in my switch for a long time. If I ever want to play Odyssey I can just boot it up, no need to switch carts.

Man, gamestop.com must have got a huge order, its still up, or there are going to be some upset people when they over order, and cancel them.

IIRC, their pre-order SKUs for Switch (post launch) haven't been selling out too quickly. It's the units that are "available now" that usually go quick.

patchday

This should be $350 and no more. Anyway, Nintendo doesn't care. It'll sell out anyway.

A base Nintendo Switch with no games retails for $360 on Amazon us. Where are people getting this $350 nonsense from I dont understand? And when I go to a store I see it retails for even more then that

[edit] Ah! I have found some Nintendo Switch that retails for $350 at some outlets but they charge a lot for shipping (well just $4 actually that's not bad but almost same as $360 from Amazon us direct with no shipping fee)

A base Nintendo Switch with no games retails for $360 on Amazon us. Where are people getting this $350 nonsense from I dont understand? And when I go to a store I see it retails for even more then that

Offical price of Switch is $299.99

The price you see on Amazon right now is from third party sellers (i.e. scalpers) because Amazon doesn't have it in stock.

patchday

Offical price of Switch is $299.99

The price you see on Amazon right now is from third party sellers (i.e. scalpers) because Amazon doesn't have it in stock.

oh snap I'd buy one asap for that price. I need to cancel this bundle from gamestop then lol f this price then

Top Bottom