• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Yeah on second thought, may hold out and make my own bundle for my kid. I can easily score Mario Odyssey for a lot cheaper, digitally or physically, and not pay a markup which , let's be honest, is what this is for those of us here in NA

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I thought the whole point of a bundle was to save money by buying everything together? At least it used to be that way...

In Australia the bundle is $550.

A Switch with standard coloured controller is $470
A case is at least $30
The game is $70 minimum

We're technically saving at least $20 here.

Will 32 gigabyte work for someone that is only buying physical? Other than the digital version of odyssey, or is it recommend to get the 64 gigabyte one?
Third-parties are gonna slowly use up all your space when they run out of card space. At least get a 32GB MicroSD.

£329 on Nintendo.co.uk but doesn't seem to come with the pouch?
Nope, UK and Europe doesn't get the case with this bundle, they're selling it separately for £20 instead. So you're paying £50 on top of the RRP for a digital copy of Odyssey, unless you really want the red you could just buy a neon system off Amazon and the game from wherever is cheapest and save like £30-40.

Japan is getting the case and Joy-Cons separately, just as they did the Splatoon ones..

D7eYJT1.png

Is there anything stopping anyone from just importing them?

Dre3001

Will 32 gigabyte work for someone that is only buying physical? Other than the digital version of odyssey, or is it recommend to get the 64 gigabyte one?

A 128gb card can easily be found on Amazon or Best Buy for under $50 on any given week.

Nintendo does a good job of compression and keeping file sizes small but with third parties who knows.

Gardenjam

Neo Member
The aussie bundle at ebgames has been taken off for pre order now and price changed to $TBC.
Wonder why they changed it...

RPGCrazied

Nothing that got announced yesterday is up on amazon yet (XBC2 Special edition, pro controller, mario switch bundle, doom switch, snipperclips). They are definitely taking their sweet old time.

Which is weird. I remember last direct with the Xenoblade Chronicles X LE, it was up the same day on Amazon.

UberTag

I've been trying real hard to see a difference between these and the Neon Red Joycons, but I just can't see any difference. I don't have a good eye for color though. I might have an easier time telling the difference if I saw them in person.
Mario Red Joy-Cons:

nintendo-switch-joycon-controllers-red-537095.4.jpg

Neon Red Joy-Cons:

nintendo-switch-joycon-controllers-neon-red-507021.2.jpg

Pink Right Joy-Con:

nintendo-switch-joycon-controllers-neon-green-neon-pink-522309.2.jpg

A little disappointed Super Mario Odyssey is digital but I still pre-ordered it. My Gamestop said they were only getting 8 of the bundle and I was the first to pre-order one.

Not sure what to do. I like the red and absolutely hate the neon mismatched controllers. I'm debating picking this up, but I want a hard copy of the game though.

I guess I'd be best to grab the plain black system and Mario separately.

Fisty

Is the consensus that Nintendo will take the Holiday?

It sure will not be on software numbers.

Unless we get something insane like a $200 PS4, yeah I could see Switch taking holiday. Again if they can meet demand and they go hard on Mario marketing

I thought the whole point of a bundle was to save money by buying everything together? At least it used to be that way...

"the whole point of a bundle" is to sell more systems.

usually they're introduced instead of a price cut because it's trivial for most companies to just toss in a game with the purchase, especially now that games are digital.

but Switch needs no price cut, so its bundles include the game + extras at full price, just with bundle-exclusive controller colors to sweeten the deal.

they definitely don't exist to make buying consoles cheaper.

I could but I'm struggling to justify the extra money spent on the bundle alone. Adding on the loss on the digital copy would dial that up further. Good suggestion, I just don't have the disposable to go that route.
Sell the case too? I think it's also bundle exclusive, in which case you may be able to recoup losses on the code.

Papacheeks

Banned
Unless we get something insane like a $200 PS4, yeah I could see Switch taking holiday. Again if they can meet demand and they go hard on Mario marketing

It won't take holiday unless they somehow magically fix the NAND flash stock issue and can help Apple's manufacturing delay which in tell is delaying more switch stock.

Unless they are able to increase 10 fold I don't see it happening. And you will see 249 or below PS4's, Xbox one S's with bundled games this christmas.

Anyone who follows me on Twitter will know I have waited a long time for this day. I purposely held off on buying a Switch day one because i knew this bundle would happen.

So many kept telling me there's no chance.

Yup I called this as well, and put in a preorder at besybuy.com thanks to gaf. Those red joycon's and that case looks sexy as hell. I DO wish we got a super famicom style switch like new 3DS is getting.

Nteshy

Neo Member

A case is at least $30
The game is $70 minimum

Might want to double check if we get the case in our bundle...no mention of it on the eb games website.

Zasa

That is a tempting price, think I'm getting the Switch early. Fuck it. Mario just looks insane, so I'll need it day 1.

Poona

A case is at least $30
The game is $70 minimum

Isnt Australia only getting the physical game and red joycons as the bundle?

Unless there's been updated info somewhere, ebgames and Nintendo Australia website yesterday said the case was separate.

man my quest to collect every joycon is being thwarted by NoA's inability to bring the joycons over here... i could import but i feel like it's a sign that i shouldn't be buying any more of these lol

Top Bottom