• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run announced for iOS (Android later), Dec 2016, Screens/Info in OP

Joey Ravn

Banned
Nintendo are dead.

OK not literally or financially but I mean wtf is this company anymore.

Care to explain yourself? Or is that just a quick, low quality bait?

With Apple?!! Whyyyyyyyy. Is this coming to Android too? If not, Nintendo has just killed themselves in my eyes

"First on iOS" surely makes it sound like it's coming to Android later on.

... and to the Windows Store, dare I say!?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
2uLen8r.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Do the stocks going up mean that there will be good games? Are you guys investors? Why does that matter

...are you for real ?

"Dying" means the most popular game in the world by a long shot with lifetime revenue above most of the mainline Pokemon games and still growing at millions of dollars per day.

Yup, the ridiculous hyperbole to Pokemon Go slowing down just shows how clueless the masses can be - there is nothing between hottest thing ever and bomba. Every other mobile dev would kill for the current Pokemon Go activer player numbers.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I think this makes complete sense. Its a runner, playable with one hand, that works well on the iPhone.

It doesnt devalue the core mario gameplay that they sell on the Nintendo platforms.

It gets Mario out to more poeple.

Its pretty much a homerun for Nintendo and Apple.

This. It's the same situation as Pokemon Go. They make sense for a smartphone, but are not necessarily full-featured Nintendo games for their own platforms.

AGoodODST

That's pretty cool.

And endless runner seems the obvious choice. Fine for the mobile market and will serve to (hopefully) get people to check out the real deal on Nintendo hardware.

This is what I thought as well. Was much better than most runners I've tried. This looks similar and will definitely give it a shot.
Exactly. This is smart. Go check out the Rayman games, or how SE Montreal distilled Hitman and Lara Croft to a style that worked well on touch

Genio88

Come on guys we should have seen that coming, Nintendo already said that other games other then Miitomo would have arrived, Mario was an easy bet, after all it's just a endless runner free to play, is not like next main Mario or Zelda BOTW will be on Phones

lazerfox

I never play games on mobile, but everyone is saying that this is an endless runner.
But they showed levels in the game so it means it's not endless?

Looks great and seems like a perfect way to introduce Mario to cellphone gaming. I'm excited. Love that it's not free to play.

Sanjuro

They just introduced one of the best looking Mario games in years at an Apple keynote.

"WHAT ABOUT NX!??? Fuck this company."

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The moment Miyamoto popped up I jokingly posted "Mario Endless Runner Let's Go!"

And then they did it.

Fucking Christ, Nintendo.

Top Bottom