• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Wonder Metascore prediction

Mario Wonder’s average score will be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
K3I3YbI.jpg
That your drawing?
Really nice.

StueyDuck

I'm not even satisfied with classic finish line Mario games in life nevermind on Switch, having old Mario games on a sub service does nothing to take from how badly this game was needed
i mean it's gonna be a fun game for sure, but i've run right before as mario and i've jumped, we need another crazy formula shake up like you see in the 3d games, from 64 to fludd in sunshine, to galaxys unique orbital physics and finally odysseys wacky break up "missions" into small playgrounds with the same puzzles plus the unique movement system we got with cappy alone that really allowed for some fun stuff like the jump combo.

i think most reviewers will end up giving the game a 9 but i see a few dissenters looking at the games as not really adding much and that's why i feel it's gonna just dip below 90, which is what the thread is about.

you just know some Gamespot or one of those idiots is going to give the game a 7, and we'll be lucky if it's for that legitimate reason, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Gamespot don't smear their feces all over their office walls in protest for the lack of LatinX representation inthe latest mario game.

Last edited:

MacReady13

It SHOULD review in the early to mid 90's. And that isn't a "Nintendo bump" as I have heard many in my time put it. No one makes games as good as Nintendo and they deserve these high scores which Wonder should get. Could even possibly be the game of the year.

80-84 because I think most modern journalists are wooed by graphical bells and whistles above all else. A few places will give it exceptional scores, the majority will give it "great" ratings, and the rest will say it's just "good".

ReBurn

Gold Member
Side scrolling Mario doesn't usually crack 90 Metacritic. As pretty as this game is I would be surprised if it ends at 90 or above. I would love to be wrong, though.

DonF

Critics are going to call it the best 2d Mario, of course they are wrong, cause thats Mario world, but they are too young to have played Mario world

Scotty W

If any franchise were ever completely immune to review scores it would be 2d Mario games. From Super Mario 1 until Yoshi’s Island, the idea of giving these games a score is absurd. These games are eternal and exist beyond flux.

The New Super Mario Bros series, then are the Nephilim: flawed half divine monsters floating along, selling 20 million effortlessly.

Just as the original Mario games basically called forth quality out of the primal Night of the Atari age, so Super Mario Wonder straddles, colossus-like the end of the age when man groped tentatively toward the infinite, and the age when the works of man would be flooded by AI.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Critics are going to call it the best 2d Mario, of course they are wrong, cause thats Mario world, but they are too young to have played Mario world
Bitch Wonder ain't even out yet. You haven't played it you dunce!

Top Bottom