• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monday Night Combat |OT| Time to let loose with the juice!

Day 2 check in, still really liking it, had a great match that involved both teams money ball being brought down multiple times. I do really miss Mickey Cantor though, these new guys are growing on me but damn Mickey made that game. ''They said it wouldn't hurt but it does!''

Tokubetsu

As far as megabeth goes, you want to be killing bots and harassing enemies constantly early to mid game. Megabeth is AMAZING for killing bots, if you're playing megabeth you should be outperforming everyone else in the game save another megabeth when it comes to bot kills. Her rockets do great splash damage.

Myomoto

Day 2 check in, still really liking it, had a great match that involved both teams money ball being brought down multiple times. I do really miss Mickey Cantor though, these new guys are growing on me but damn Mickey made that game. ''They said it wouldn't hurt but it does!''

I really hope that they'll expand the commentators in the future, as well as adding more teams, potentially making a three-way/four-way map at some point.

Edit: Btw, am I the only one who thinks the Gunner does WAY too much damage when you consider how durable he is?

"Has anyone seen my Ion-Mobile? Yellow, about yea high, tops out at 20 miles per hour."

"Thanks for keeping CURRENT!"

"Consider yourself DISCHARGED!"

"You're GROUNDED!"

derFeef

Gunner should have stopping power instead of insane amount of damage. there is really no class with stopping power, I think.
sparkly edit: Captain Sparks gun is ridiculous. It does way too much damage considering how fast it is. (I think I already complained about that in the beta)

Myomoto

edit: Captain Sparks gun is ridiculous. It does way too much damage considering how fast it is. (I think I already complained about that in the beta)

This I can agree with. It seems to out-perform pretty much everybody else at range but the snipers, and it also does splash damage.

Wthermans

Banned
Edit: Btw, am I the only one who thinks the Gunner does WAY too much damage when you consider how durable he is?

Gunner is fine IMO. He has no mobility at all. One of the slowest Pros and he has no escape skills. Catch him out of place or without his gun spun up and he's fodder.

Tokubetsu

Gunner is fine IMO. He has no mobility at all. One of the slowest Pros and he has no escape skills. Catch him out of place or without his gun spun up and he's fodder.

Yea, very much a heavy support type character. If any big character needs a little nerf it's Tank. A great tank is just a complete pain in the ass to deal with.

Wthermans

Banned
Well, endorsements do :)

You can't buy endorsements/products with real money. Only CC. You could buy boosts (which can increase your experience or CC gain) for real money and then use the CC from those for ends though. I saved all my CC for Pros though and only used the Prods/Ends from the Prize system.

Axiom

It is a nice way to give your Karl a classy long tie though.

I should probably start playing a class that isn't Support, maybe if he's in the free group next time I'll have a good excuse.

I really want to try Cheston...must stop feeling I'm letting people down if I'm not a Defender. It's not like PUG's are generally looking out for my interests anyway.

derFeef

I got the GB luchadeer code, it landed in my spam folder though and I forgot to take it out before the automatic cleanup. Sucks :/

As far as megabeth goes, you want to be killing bots and harassing enemies constantly early to mid game. Megabeth is AMAZING for killing bots, if you're playing megabeth you should be outperforming everyone else in the game save another megabeth when it comes to bot kills. Her rockets do great splash damage.

Leo is pretty good at ripping through bots, too. He can basically one-shot a lot of bot waves with his bot takeover.

DarkKyo

SMNC Match said:
x9ohB.jpg

Nice, just had one of my better matches as Assassin(I go by Stonebloom in SMNC)

Is there any way I can buy all the locked pros for cheaper than the bundle price? I believe they are selling all the pros in a bundle for $45 and that's way too much. I'm really just looking to spend no more than $15. They really should have let all the vanilla MNC pros available to play for those that owned the original game.

Myomoto

Is there any way I can buy all the locked pros for cheaper than the bundle price? I believe they are selling all the pros in a bundle for $45 and that's way too much. I'm really just looking to spend no more than $15. They really should have let all the vanilla MNC pros available to play for those that owned the original game.

At least it seems that you get complete gameplay access to any of the pros that are free on rotation, you only need to own a pro if you want to play it when it's outside rotation.

Tokubetsu

Seriously, if you're gonna go 0-18 as assault and be an overall useless piece of shit, you're probably too stupid to play this game. WHY AM I BEING MATCHED WITH THESE IDIOTS? GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Also had a game where right at the start my computer locked up, but I got back in after reboot. I was 2-4 levels under everyone by time I rejoined and got dropped into a class I've never played before (Tank). Still managed to catch up and pass two players on my team in both kills, bot kills and overall score/money earned. Fucking embarassing. We lost.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Seriously, if you're gonna go 0-18 as assault and be an overall useless piece of shit, you're probably too stupid to play this game. WHY AM I BEING MATCHED WITH THESE IDIOTS? GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Also had a game where right at the start my computer locked up, but I got back in after reboot. I was 2-4 levels under everyone by time I rejoined and got dropped into a class I've never played before (Tank). Still managed to catch up and pass two players on my team in both kills, bot kills and overall score/money earned. Fucking embarassing. We lost.
Yea. You can't really carry the team in this game. Also people can't seem to kill tanks cuz they don't know how. They can't even grab.

Also is the sin free today? If so I might play this game again. Loved the OP sin in the last game.

Tokubetsu

Yea. You can't really carry the team in this game. Also people can't seem to kill tanks cuz they don't know how. They can't even grab.

Also is the sin free today? If so I might play this game again. Loved the OP sin in the last game.

Sin doesn't really play anything like how she did in original. You have to be really oppurtunistic. She's definitely one of the hardest classes to play/learn now. That said, much like Wascot, a good Assassin is amazing.

I might have bought one of those...

...and I may also regret it... then again, maybe not.

I want the school girl outfit...BADLY, just not $15 badly.

Just had a really good match where I got about 15 kills as the assault and won a close game. I love using him as a hit and run style attacker and chasing down pros to finish them off. Also, is it me or have most of the matches been taking place on the spunky downtown recently? Do the maps rotate over a few days or is it just random?

Dylan

Hmmm. I have played a few matches now. The game is fun but I really don't see it lasting more than a week or so for me. Everything feels really arbitrary during the match. Love the overall concept though.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Sin doesn't really play anything like how she did in original. You have to be really oppurtunistic. She's definitely one of the hardest classes to play/learn now. That said, much like Wascot, a good Assassin is amazing.

I want the school girl outfit...BADLY, just not $15 badly.

Awkward ¬___________¬;

I double dipped previously, I feel they deserve the cash. I was actually genuinely worried because I played the Beta and fucking hated it. It was all just pro's killing each other. So far its been pretty great with people respectin' dem bots and stuff.

Is there a GAF steam group for dirty Euro peasants?

SmokinDan

Gunner needs some better skins. They are seriously all awful except for the Throwback.

I'd probably buy an Outland skin if they made one.

Tokubetsu

Awkward ¬___________¬;

I double dipped previously, I feel they deserve the cash. I was actually genuinely worried because I played the Beta and fucking hated it. It was all just pro's killing each other. So far its been pretty great with people respectin' dem bots and stuff.

Is there a GAF steam group for dirty Euro peasants?

It's cool, im a big MNC fan too. Own both the 360 and PC versions of the original, I was really looking forward to it. I just think their prices of skins is kinda crazy. Most of them are just lame recolors with a new logo or something. Barely worth $15+

DarkKyo

LOL no way, was his name Koala??

If so my friend and I were in that game. He's new, it was like his 4th game. I'm trying to train him to be better. He was pretty good at MNC anyways.

BurningNad

I had a game last night with a gunner who went 0/13/0 with 11 bot kills. I almost started raging on him but I thought it'd be better for my blood pressure to just pretend he died at his computer desk...

SxP

I had a game last night with a gunner who went 0/13/0 with 11 bot kills. I almost started raging on him but I thought it'd be better for my blood pressure to just pretend he died at his computer desk...

I had a Combat Girl on the opposing team today who didn't heal her allies once. Just kept rushing into our territory and dying. Vote kick should be patched in. Better one man down than a feeder who doesn't even kill bots.

Top Bottom