• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U: More evidences to support DLC Store and Connectivity

Sorry I should have said "assets". Not necessary a boss character.

l6qLXig.png

Here's the lower screen image for the Notification Shop (File name: com_bg_d_img_main_08.tex (B8B41092-20.bin)_0).

Uh... am I the only one who already sees this all the time when they go on smash? It's a lil yellow bubble of that with a button prompt and when I press said button it gives me the patch notes for the update that added conquest mode, along with a description of conquest :p

Uh... am I the only one who already sees this all the time when they go on smash? It's a lil yellow bubble of that with a button prompt and when I press said button it gives me the patch notes for the update that added conquest mode, along with a description of conquest :p

Yellow button, yes. Full gray lower screen, I haven't seen. It shares the same icon because it's the "Notification Shop".

Yellow button, yes. Full gray lower screen, I haven't seen. It shares the same icon because it's the "Notification Shop".

Fair enough. I just figured it was a grayscale icon they coloured via code for whatever purposes as that's how I do a lot of my assets for stuff in games, but if it's for the entire bottom screen or whatever that's pretty interesting/weird XD

Have it on my own copy and it never went away. Not sure how to fix it myself!

Neiteio

I feel like Dixie works better as the most requested clone. I just don't see her being that far removed from Diddy, especially if Sakurai flat out planned on her being a tag team with Diddy in Brawl (implying he had came up with a very similar moveset to Diddy's for her).
I see Dixie as a mix of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

Like DK, she can carry people, helicopter through the air, and pound the ground. She just uses her ponytail instead of her hands.

Like Diddy, she's quick and nimble, and can fire projectiles (in this case, jellybeans from her crossbow from Tropical Freeze).

Fair enough. I just figured it was a grayscale icon they coloured via code for whatever purposes as that's how I do a lot of my assets for stuff in games, but if it's for the entire bottom screen or whatever that's pretty interesting/weird XD

Yeah it is weird. I'd suggest checking out the texture dumps yourself, you might be able to uncover additional information.

The game uses multiple images for each character (instead of cropping/ altering it using code), and has images of text for things such as "XX Joins the Battle!" instead of making the game write it itself.

img-00000.tex (41126E5C-1.bin)_0 is the file name for the shadow of the yellow icon
img-00001.tex (41126E5C-1.bin)_0 is the file name for the yellow icon.

Sponge

Banned
I see Dixie as a mix of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

Like DK, she can carry people, helicopter through the air, and pound the ground. She just uses her ponytail instead of her hands.

Like Diddy, she's quick and nimble, and can fire projectiles (in this case, jellybeans from her crossbow from Tropical Freeze).

The Bubblegum Popgun would be perfect.

LdViUtZ.png

Fun fact: She was one of the DK characters designed by Steve Mayles, who also designed Banjo and Kazooie. Why wouldn't you want one of Steve's designs in Smash?

This is pretty awesome.

I'm sure that when they do dlc, characters will be a part of it...or I hope.

I look forward to some of the dlc stages though, and if the MK dlc is any indication, it should be awesome and reasonably priced.

NeonZ

I feel like Dixie works better as the most requested clone. I just don't see her being that far removed from Diddy, especially if Sakurai flat out planned on her being a tag team with Diddy in Brawl (implying he had came up with a very similar moveset to Diddy's for her).

Dixie can't use Diddy's tail animations though, and Dixie as a Diddy clone would also mean not using her hair at all, which would just be odd. Of course, there's nothing stopping them from making her something like Wolf, that was pretty much an unique character as far as animations go, but mimicked an already existing character's moveset, rather than attempting to be original. So, we could get a Dixie that used her hair but also mimicked most of Diddy's specials. However, that was probably done due to Fox's Smash popularity, I don't see them going out of their way to give Diddy that treatment, since it'd take almost as much effort as a fully original moveset.

Boogiepop

Not sure how much this changes, but honestly those slots in the stage menu in particular, and to a lesser degree the character menu, were already suspicious enough for me. Also, totally convinced we're getting Isaac, since he makes a ton of sense and suspiciously vanished as even an assist trophy, when so many of those were already recycled...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'd just like to say that, if the DLC will be similar (contents-wise and price-wise) to the MK8 ones, I'll be really really happy.

FSLink

Banned
Not sure how much this changes, but honestly those slots in the stage menu in particular, and to a lesser degree the character menu, were already suspicious enough for me. Also, totally convinced we're getting Isaac, since he makes a ton of sense and suspiciously vanished as even an assist trophy, when so many of those were already recycled...

He could still be in the Wii U version as an assist trophy.

But yeah I agree he'd be a great choice for a DLC character.

Watch "A Challenger Approaches!" end up being the text for successfully connecting a 3DS as a controller.
just kidding its totally for unlocking ridley

It definitely sounds like it is this to me. When you import a character, it will say a New Challenger Approaches. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Lucas and my boy Wolf first, and maybe Snake too, oh and the Ice Climbers, then we can talk about newcomers.

Blues1990

He could still be in the Wii U version as an assist trophy.

But yeah I agree he'd be a great choice for a DLC character.
Especially since there isn't a character that represents the GBA (or their portable systems in general), & I think Issac would fit the bill. Also, I hope the 3DS version will get more stages, especially for Samus & Donkey Kong, that are based on their portable adventures.

Hmm so we can transfer custom characters. How about the moves we've unlocked too? The direct should furnish.

I'd be all for characters and stages as DLC packs :) You tend to get more than your money's worth with Nintendo. 12 bucks for MK8 16 stages, 7-8 characters and tons of accessory is a steal.
MK8 is the gold Standard but Fire Emblem Awakening was a polished turd at times in this respect. At least early on. $2 for a pathetically easy map (which is actually the debug/test map) with 10 enemies is not good value...that was the one they gave away for free to sell people on others as well.

Bayonetta or Wonder Red please.
Complete with her screaming fuck off constantly. It sure would make the remove Tharja trophy to get E10+ (facts are she was in a prototype from the leaked video and there are gaps in the final game) seem odd.

Oh who am I kidding maybe we're getting trophy and music DLC.

deleted

I hate to break people's hearts here. There is no way that Waluigi will ever become playable character for Smash 4.

He's just a terrible choice of playable character that people kept gushing for.

Watch him become a Peach clone.

I hope Lucas has still a chance of making it. All the others would be nice too, but with Dr Mario already in, I only have Lucas left as a must have!

I can see a few packs for dlc characters

Returning vets pack

Lucas
Wolf
Roy
Pichu
Mewtwo
Pokemon trainer
Ice Climbers
SNAKE as headline for the pack

Or I can see buy who you want for like $2 each or idk

KING K ROOL SWEATN' . its time

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
With the way Sakurai said the IC situation, it seemed like they can make IC work, but they were low priority on getting done. So they can be in 3DS but after some working hours.

JJFfHjn.png

We have up to 10 stages possible for All-Star Mode (Currently we have 7, but the game doesn't use the Stage 7 Clear graphic).

wUfOeUB.png

Unknown mode on the 3DS.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Unknown mode on the 3DS.

That's very interesting finding. If we are getting DLC/Connectivity characters, I wonder if they are going to spreading the characters into different rounds.

For that unknown mode, I wonder if that mode was dropped, rather to be put on hold for dlc bundle or the mode being dummy for testing.

Popnbake

I can see a few packs for dlc characters

Returning vets pack

Lucas
Wolf
Roy
Pichu
Mewtwo
Pokemon trainer
Ice Climbers
SNAKE as headline for the pack

Or I can see buy who you want for like $2 each or idk

KING K ROOL SWEATN' . its time

I think the chances for seeing Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, Roy, and Ice Climbers are very slim for this Smash installment.

Ice Climbers are basically guaranteed for the next Smash so at least fans have that to look forward to.

That's very interesting finding. If we are getting DLC/Connectivity characters, I wonder if they are going to spreading the characters into different rounds.

For that unknown mode, I wonder if that mode was dropped, rather to be put on hold for dlc bundle or the mode being dummy for testing.

I think it's still in the game because when the 3DS connects to the Wii U, it will show some images on the 3DS. Instead of the Wii U sending the whole image, it just tells the 3DS to load it (Which is why the 8 player icons were also present).

Two more. With these, I believe the three images are used for Smash World.

J7N5WOV.png

SWLzxkO.png

By the way, I saw some blog articles call me a hacker. I'm no way a hacker. I've just looked through the data dumps provided by other people and made some conclusions.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think it's still in the game because when the 3DS connects to the Wii U, it will show some images on the 3DS. Instead of the Wii U sending the whole image, it just tells the 3DS to load it (Which is why the 8 player icons were also present).

Two more. With these, I believe the three images are used for Smash World.

By the way, I saw some blog articles call me a hacker. I'm no way a hacker. I've just looked through the data dumps provided by other people and made some conclusions.

I wonder if those 10 numbers are for dices' numbers.

Blog articles love to make a lot of assumptions without double checking the source.

Top Bottom