• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Website is up!

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
basic01_070522b-l.jpg

Cool. How often is this updating, that wasn't a lot of info.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Yasunori Mitsuda
(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS
Yoko Shimomura Kingdom Hearts series

Yasunori Mitsuda

Yasunori Mitsuda

Yasunori Mitsuda

:D :D :D :D

:lol :lol :lol

Looks like we got our first blog update-- "Smash 101".

Holy shit, each time you hit them their damage goes up! When damage is high, characters fly farther!!!! HOLY SHIIIIT!!!

USD

HAL_Laboratory said:
WOW @ musician list.

But... is that MIDI? Please GOD don't let it be MIDI...
It's sounding like it to me. That theme sounded better in Melee.

EDIT: Hmm, listening again, it's not sounding as bad as I thought. That is a huge list of musicians.

Crateman

*Looks at the music list*

*Ponders*

OMFG!

NIGHTS Stage, Mask De Smith as playable character, Lucca from Chrono Trigger as playable character and Animal Crossing stage:

GAFIRMED!!!

So I'm guessing "Battlefield" will be for online matches. He talks about it being simplistic and unchanging -- I'm sure they did that for a reason...

kamikaze

Raw64life said:
new info recap?

music will rock. more details forthcoming. people hoping for megaton am cry.

if the site does manage to keep updating, i'll actually start believing that the game will be ready this year.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI) NiGHTS

WHY THE **** IS THERE NiGHTS MUSIC IN THIS GAME?!?! HAAAAAAAAAAAL?? WHAT ARE YOU NOT TELLING US?

gimz

now i guess we have to count down every week to wait for them to announce of characters? x)

ps. i start to type this thread has two page, but by the time i press submit reply my post will probably on page 4

edit: oops, still on page 2, gaf you disappointed me as much as the website!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Bearillusion said:

We'll get that when they open up the Game Modes section.

"Smash Bros. DOJO Launches with Daily Weekday Updates!" so Im guessin that means we will get more info tomorrow and over the next few days.

big_z

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
ALL Orchestrated (excluding classic original tunes like Super Mario bros. Theme)

No one ever confirmed that. chances are it will be midi again since nintendo loves midi.

cock tease nintendo said:
Smash Bros. DOJO Launches with Daily Weekday Updates!

shit i want update now dammit!

Mojojo

Could the musicians unrelated to Nintendo in that list be a hint to new characters? Devil May Cry? Nights? Why would they need these composers?

Hey guys, if he updates his blog daily like he says, we can have a new crazyton anticipation thread EVERY NIGHT!!! :lol :lol

Hoooly shit. What a night. I'm going to bed. Nintendo Event tomorrow, get pumped!!

zoku88

HAL_Laboratory said:
So I'm guessing "Battlefield" will be for online matches. He talks about it being simplistic and unchanging -- I'm sure they did that for a reason...
Melee had a stage like that called Battlefield. It was used for tournaments. I'm sure the new one will be for the same thing. If there is online, I bet all stages will be used for online matches if there is online...

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
OK, so how is it gonna be controlled? I'm pissed they put nothing on there about control scheme.

Jiggy

It's times like this when I'm happy that music ranks just below gameplay and smooth controls on my list of what makes for an awesome game.
Because, man, even SSBB is barely enough to handle that composer list. :eek: Reading it is like looking a who's who list of every awesome game musician ever, with Michiru Yamane as the only notable talent I can think of who's not on this project.

Top Bottom