• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Website is up!

psy18

Seriously?! To have so many of these individuals providing music for a single work may very well be an historic event in the history of video-game music!
It's almost unthinkable!

Of course, Smash will let you enjoy music from a wide variety of Nintendo games.
A number of individuals have put their touch on these arrangements.

Using the game music that has entertained so many as the base for new arrangements by so many famed musicians... Not too shabby, eh?

Here on Smash Bros. Dojo, we will share that music with you through occasional trial listening. Since this is my first post, I thought I would give you an arrangement of the song you probably heard most often in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Menu 1.
Motoi Sakuraba headed up that arrangement!

We've asked our group of arrangement supervisors to listen to an elite selection of Nintendo music and asked them to arrange several of their favorite songs...which means there will be quite a number of songs.

Wow. I'm ****ing sold!

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
speck.gif

Doesn't say that on the UK site.. PAL am screwed!

Tristam

sp0rsk said:
****ing sold.

Does that mean you're also sold on Journey of Dreams? :p

EDIT: By the way, I forgot to mention: HOLY FREAKING CRAP @ THE COMPOSER LIST. And the graphics look fantastic as usual.

zoku88

Jiggy37 said:
It's times like this when I'm happy that music ranks just below gameplay and smooth controls on my list of what makes for an awesome game.
Because, man, even SSBB is barely enough to handle that composer list. :eek: Reading it is like looking a who's who list of every awesome game musician ever, with Michiru Yamane as the only notable talent I can think of who's not on this project.
I wants me some Sugiyama.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I think these dudes will just arrange some of the songs in the game, not that characters from games they have compose music for will be in SSBB.

If the game has as much care in characters and gameplay as they have gathering musicians then i doubt any game will come within 10yards of this game this generation.

This game is going to absolutely kick ass from here til 2011

Mii

Banned
Hmm....

MGS music guy for Snake.

NiGHTS guy there for...Sonic?

Mitsuda there for..... OH SHI

CHRONO???

You gotta wonder.....

Innotech

Banned
Black_Ice said:
Guy who does Nights music is doing music for this game.

Sonic Confirmed

Believe

that would also whip NiGHTS fans into a frenzy if the wii didnt already have NiGHTS JOD coming. Good god Nintendo and third party affiliates are pulling out all the stops on this system. Well in the ways I care about anyway. It would be fantastic if niGHTS showed up as a playable character, but thats probably not too likely. Could he show up in a level though in the background? It would be awesome no doubt. Which is why I doubt it.

zoku88

Jiggy37 said:
Ah, yeah, good call.

Still amazing though. :eek: I need to figure out who did the music for Pokemon D/P too and see if they're on this...
Hitami Sato and Junichi Masuda, I believe.

Man, talk about a non-event. Does Nintendo seriously think it's OK to pull this crap. Hey guys, here's a 5 day counter for a game that you're all dying to see more of... psyche!!! There's nothing new HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... >: |

Oh well, not like I'm a huge fan of the series (doesn't change the blahness of this), but at least we know the soundtrack should be pretty darn good.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jiggy37 said:
It's times like this when I'm happy that music ranks just below gameplay and smooth controls on my list of what makes for an awesome game.
Because, man, even SSBB is barely enough to handle that composer list. :eek: Reading it is like looking a who's who list of every awesome game musician ever, with Michiru Yamane as the only notable talent I can think of who's not on this project.
Don't get ****ing arrogant now, there's a lot of talent there like Mitsuda, Iwadare, Honda, Shimomura, Naruke, Koshiro, Sakuraba, Tsujiyoko, Kondo, Takada, etc. But there are a ton of talented composers in this industry missing from that list like Sakimoto, Yamaoka, Hamauzu, etc.

Tristam

Mefisutoferesu said:
Man, talk about a non-event. Does Nintendo seriously think it's OK to pull this crap. Hey guys, here's a 5 day counter for a game that you're all dying to see more of... psyche!!! There's nothing new HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... >: |

Oh well, not like I'm a huge fan of the series (doesn't change the blahness of this), but at least we know the soundtrack should be pretty darn good.

Pretty darn good? Don't you think you're overstating the situation a little bit there?

_dementia said:
SSB has always relied on analog movement though.

You guys are seriously putting too much stock into a controller icon. It's a clean web design decision. Having said that, I'm sure the game will be compatible with Wii Remote/Nunchuk, the GC controller, and the Classic Controller.

Top Bottom