• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Direct on 9/4 12AM (EU), 7AM (JP) - 8/4 6PM (EST), 3PM (PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DE59olr.png

HELLO JOE

Codeblue

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/zerosuit_samus/screen-1.jpg[/MG]

Those things are fucking ridiculous, she looks like some anime skank. C'mon Nintendo, Samus deserves better than this :([/QUOTE]

I think we all sort of expected this the moment we found out Namco was involved.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Tell that to based Sakurai. It appears in order to boost her breasts, she lost some of her ribs, and most of her internal organs. And geez, the point isn't that Samus has big boobs, it is that she has been reduced to a pair of big boobs (that magically always stay perked out) on heels. The reverse white knighting by coming to the defense of real life large breasted women is ridiculous. Real life large breasted women do not have two perfect half globes glued into their chest that stay at a 90 degree angle all the time (and no, jiggle physics are not the realism you are looking for either). This depiction of Samus is just turning her into a complete sexual fantasy figure, a pin up doll. I would expect better from Nintendo's lead female action hero.

seriously? this is a serious post? really?

Regulus

Neo Member
The issue isn't that Samus has big breasts. There's nothing wrong with big boobs at all. No, the issue is that someone saw fit to design her with them, or more accurately, thought that they could stand to be a few sizes larger in this rendition. It's just eyeroll-worthy.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kinda lame they added a male wii fit trainer. Female version will probably be overlooked now since they're exactly the same. :/

Popnbake

Kinda lame they added a male wii fit trainer. Female version will probably be overlooked now since they're exactly the same. :/

I think the opposite will happen with the female version being more popular since she's the main one.
I forgot the male version existed until the Direct.

With male WFT and wire Little Mac, I hope the character alts will be a lot more unique this time.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even think about zero Suit Samus' figure until you guys mentioned it. Ugh.

Ithil

The issue isn't that Samus has big breasts. There's nothing wrong with big boobs at all. No, the issue is that someone saw fit to design her with them, or more accurately, thought that they could stand to be a few sizes larger in this rendition. It's just eyeroll-worthy.

People have pointed out Zelda and Rosalina also are bigger than before. I don't think it really matters that much, none of this is going to be thought about when you're actually playing the game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
People have pointed out Zelda and Rosalina also are bigger than before. I don't think it really matters that much, none of this is going to be thought about when you're actually playing the game.

Exactly, infact side by side, her breast arent all that much bigger than her brawl counterpart

Not

Banned
Guys, I think Yoshi standing upright is kind of objectifying to dinosaurs. Real dinosaurs don't stand upright like that. Disgusting

Don't see why just adding him in would stop people from playing the female version. I think the female version will still be the most used one.

Yeah, I was hype, but all the Zero Suit Samus aesthetic discussion has brought it down some.

I'm really disappointed that it seems like we'll only get an adventure mode for the 3DS version. Zelda's new move looks great and Zero Suit Samus new model is looks sleek as fuck and maybe she'll be a bit better. It's looking hard on who I'll main now. So many new fighters look fun as hell. Rosalina & Luma, Lil' Mac, and Greninja. When I first saw Charizard I thought they were bringing back Pokemon Trainer, then i saw that shadowy figure and figured they were going to keep Charizard but add two different pokemon for the water and grass types with trainer, but it looks like they're individual characters now.

That Pauletena and Zero Suit ruses were funny. Hopefully, we could possibly still get Pauletena for a playable character and I'm still waiting for my main from the last game Meta Knight to be announced.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just got back from work. Anyone have a link to the youtube?

Samus looks stupid like that. I agree it's not even about the size but how unrealistic they look for that type of outfit. Maybe she is smuggling some metroids or something, but that still doesn't explain her 15" waist. She looks more human in the 3DS pics.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You didn't answer my question, besides what kind of sentence is "Why would her be overlooked?"

Because gamers tend to pick characters they can identify with and I would say it's fairly reasonable to believe that male players would likely choose a character that's also male.

And already made the edit before you posted, don't get smart with me.

Zero Suit Samus looks fine, and her breasts look like they did in Brawl. I think it's just that particular angle that emphasizes them.
screen-8.jpg

http://images.fanpop.com/images/ima...mus-super-smash-bros--brawl-87095_400_329.jpg

From these pictures, they look larger in Brawl, don't they? I guess people just like to complain. Either way, I'm really glad they made Zelda her own character. As a Zelda player, I'm thrilled. I can't wait to play around with her new Down-B.

Clefargle

ZSS is fine guys chill out, she has been sexy and curvy since the first games secret ending. There are plenty of legit criticisms to be leveled besides her cup size. She looks more badass thank she does sexy imo. Give in and enjoy it.

Broritos

Zero Suit Samus looks fine, and her breasts look like they did in Brawl. I think it's just that particular angle that emphasizes them.
screen-8.jpg

http://images.fanpop.com/images/ima...mus-super-smash-bros--brawl-87095_400_329.jpg

From these pictures, they look larger in Brawl, don't they? I guess people just like to complain. Either way, I'm really glad they made Zelda her own character. As a Zelda player, I'm thrilled. I can't wait to play around with her new Down-B.

Zero Suit Samus with bunny ears...

HHHHNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!! Stop being so tsundere, Samus.

Instro

Hate to break it to you guys but Samus has been running around in a bathing suit for over 20 years now, posing for absurd fan service shots and what have you. She's not the bastion of good portrayals of women in videogames that some of you think she is/was.

Having said that the body design is a bit terrible proportion wise, its sort of meaningless in a cartoony game that is completely designed around fanservice though.

I always hated ZSS, and then felt the horror that was Other M. I had hoped that Other M would have made Nintendo reboot the design or atleast revert it, but nope. I can't be angry or annoyed anymore, since this is Samus now. The fact that they have her in high heels here, is just depressing, but what can you do. Even the dang mole. Atleast she looks fun as heck to play as. But besides that, this direct was so delicious, exceeded my expectations by quite a bit.

ROCKET Heels.

Rockets = auto-awesome

The Direct is over, there's an existing Smash Bros. thread for discussion, and all anybody's talking about now is polygonal cup sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom