• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: new update available (1.0.4)

Jrs3000

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. You can't go from D+A to Shadow sneak to skip the recovery with greninja anymore. They pretty much killed that move now.

Razzle Dazzle

Neo Member
Bomb cancelling? As in, your bombs now hurt you even if you hit an opponent directly?

Nah. With Tink, Link n Peach you could throw out a bomb, or turnip, (as long as you had it plucked already) immediately once landing on the ground from the air. This would cancel any animation you already used. For example you could arrow into instant bomb throw.

FSLink

Banned
Double tested Ness's down throw with my JPN 1.03

Against Game and Watch (1.03): 4%
Against Game and Watch (1.04): 7%
Against Mario (1.03): 9%
Against Mario (1.04): 7%

Grab release against Wario to have guaranteed KO Punch with Little Mac doesn't work anymore it seems. Wario is released too far away.

Ness/Rosalina glitchy absorb against Corneria Arwings still works.

Hatchtag

Banned

Grab release against Wario to have guaranteed KO Punch with Little Mac doesn't work anymore it seems. Wario is released too far away.

and now Wario goes back to having a strongly favorable matchup against Little Mac.

Kangi

I wonder if they changed his backthrow scaling with it. Downthrow's an odd thing to nerf, unless they were just concerned with how much damage a combo racks up.

They... they nerfed Ness? Oh dear... oh dear.

Maybe they buffed some things but that dthrow nerf is just :(

random25

Ness/Rosalina glitchy absorb against Corneria Arwings still works.

Guess Wario mains are happy right now :p

Jrs3000

Where are the damn patch notes?! Argh.

Pacmans hydrant doesn't stay as long anymore it seems. After 2 bursts it's gone. His grab animation seems to be quicker now.

If some improvement was done to shulk its still not enough, I cant tell for sure if he was changed

Shulk players are currently testing him, so far it appears he does more damage on most of his attacks in vanilla form as well as in Buster and Speed.

Greninja's Up Smash got nerfed (laggier), as did Sheik's Bouncing Fish (knockback).

I can confirm that Yoshi's Up-Smash is pretty much untouched. I have a precise way of testing it. :)

If anybody wants me to test something I'll need specific damage figures since I don't know jack, ya know?

Kangi

Tested Ness some more, can't find any other changes as far as knockback/damage goes....

Well, on the bright side, that's one patch in which Ness has specifically been adjusted, and the PKT2 into wall -> PKT2 again hasn't changed.

But please don't go SS64 on Ness again, Nintendo.

『Inaba Resident』;139356796 said:
DACUS IS GONE
Huh. It's actually not working on Ness on my end. That's... also strange.

NotLiquid

Can someone test Sonic for changes? Im in class now.

Ness nerfs make me sad but they seem minor and negligible. As long as they dont fuck with his stellar air game.

Still works with Ganondorf. At least testing against a Lv1 CPU lol

Bowser against Lv1CPU Bowser always dies first in 1.0.4

Almost all of the suicide attacks now kill the character first instead of the opponent. The only one that doesn't is Ganondorf's apparently.

Don't touch my Ness :(

I can't see for myself right now, but check Jiggly's rollout tech. It's incredibly useful, but I'm afraid it wasn't intentional.

Kangi

Mega Man's up air appears to be slightly larger. A test between versions on that would be appreciated. Could just be looking for changes where there are none, though, since that'd be a downright bizarre change.

『Inaba Resident』;139357657 said:
Yeah, I've been seeing more people say its harder to do now.
Actually, I think since doing it at a normal pace in 1/4 speed in training isn't working I'm doing it super fast and instead am accidentally just inputting a regular up smash instead of cancelling.

Jrs3000

Diddy kong recovery up+B seems to let you go farther with a little charge but it's like you fall the same or slightly faster. Someone tell me they feel the difference also.

Top Bottom