• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: new update available (1.0.4)

FSLink

Banned
Little Mac's jab combo is nerfed, I get nearly 19% on 1.0.3 and around 14% on 1.0.4

Mega Man's up air appears to be slightly larger. A test between versions on that would be appreciated. Could just be looking for changes where there are none, though, since that'd be a downright bizarre change.

Seems the same to me. Tested against Mario. No noticable knockback/damage changes, and it looks the same size.

Diddy kong recovery up+B seems to let you go farther with a little charge but it's like you fall the same or slightly faster. Someone tell me they feel the difference also.

Seems the same.

Roll cancel grabs still in (tested with Palutena so I can hear the teleport)

Kangi

Little Mac's jab combo is nerfed, I get nearly 19% on 1.0.3 and around 14% on 1.0.4
Little Mac's jab was pretty much my only complaint about him. I like this.

Seems the same to me. Tested against Mario. No noticable knockback/damage changes, and it looks the same size.
Hm. Guess it was just wishful thinking. His down smash also looks faster, but I think that's just another placebo on my part.

FSLink

Banned
Does this depend on where the combo hits the enemy, or is it the same damage no matter what in both cases?

Fairly certain it's the same. Either way, I tested both point blank against Mario.

16%ish on 1.0.4 if I just mash it without the CPU trying to jump out or anything
22% on 1.0.3

Majukun

can people use their own replays looking for what happens differently than usual to discover what has changed?

FSLink

Banned
what???????????????????????????

super megaton if true

Hm, testing 1 stock vs CPU Palutena in Smash mode.
Lucario at 150%, Palutena at 30%, can't KO Palutena with grabs at that percent

Do I have to have Palutena lose a stock first and do it on at least 2 stocks?

Hm seems about the same on JPN version 1.0.3...what's the best way to test this?

Bowser waveslashing thing seems to be in still

Really? I thought I used to test it in training actually, lol.

smooth motion?
Yeah, I tried to test rage by finding a precise percent to KO Bowser with Yoshi's Up-Smash, which I did, but after using the heart containers nothing changed! I was like, "Wut?"

And my "smooth motion" I mean you don't gotta double tap anymore.
WAS YOSHI NERFED?

I AM READY TO FLIP OUT IF SAMURAI DID SUCH A THING
I am sorry to inform you that if my pre-patch damage figures are correct, his downthrow was nerfed.

...By 1%.

His ledge attack was apparently bumped up by 1%, however.

Everything else is the same. I can only test up-smash knockback though but I can confirm that that was untouched. And yes, I went ahead and tested everything 'cuz I was so worried about Yoshter!

Kyzon

Yeah, I tried to test rage by finding a precise percent to KO Bowser with Yoshi's Up-Smash, which I did, but after using the heart containers nothing changed! I was like, "Wut?"

And my "smooth motion" I mean you don't gotta double tap anymore.

I am sorry to inform you that if my pre-patch damage figures are correct, his downthrow was nerfed.

...By 1%.

His ledge attack was apparently bumped up by 1%, however.

Everything else is the same. I can only test up-smash knockback though but I can confirm that that was untouched. And yes, I went ahead and tested everything 'cuz I was so worried about Yoshter!

So just one A tap and kinda shoryuken upwards?

Anura

Dark pit got some very minor percent changes (like 1% less and only for some moves), jiggles seems to have some momentum after pound and Marth's side B is much easier to do.

That's what I've noticed by playing around in training a bit.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Bowsercide obviously no longer works. But the opponent still has the same control options in the air. So basically super nerf. I went in the opposite direction and basically went nowhere.

Ganoncide is still in. Ganondorf has the advantage.

Falafal

Neo Member
Ike's down and forward tilit definitely have less end lag and both hits of Links and Toon Links forward smash will connect all the time.

Oberon

Banned
How do you download the patch?
I don't find it.
There other patches always came up when I started the game bit not this time..

JoeInky

Ike's DTilt and Ftilt do have less endlag, more noticeable on the DTilt.

Jiggly doesn't have any changes on her pound or any of her damage values.

No changes to Falco's damage values.

Bowser can still shorthop air dodge cancel.

Ganon can still fullhop FAir cancel.

Metaknight's hitboxes are still shit.

Sonic's FSmash is exactly the same.

Cade

Can anyone confirm that Pac-Man's backair was nerfed when used against the fire hydrant? In 1.0.3. I could always kick hydrant away in one bair but here it never works.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
That is great. I love Bowser, but Bowsercide is (was) bullshit.
Haha nice.

The whole Bowser dying first thing defies logic though.

I think Meta Knight might be able to survive a Bowsercide with all his jumps though.

Oh yeah. Meta Knight's hitboxes were unchanged and they removed his Fair spike Dtilt combo.

Oberon

Banned
That is great. I love Bowser, but Bowsercide is (was) bullshit.
Haha nice.

Go on the eShop > best sellers > Smash. The patch is there.

Thanks!

Bowsercide obviously no longer works. But the opponent still has the same control options in the air. So basically super nerf. I went in the opposite direction and basically went nowhere.

Ganoncide is still in. Ganondorf has the advantage.

Yes!

Has anyone played Falco? Any changes?

Top Bottom