• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did. They could've been completely cut out since then.
Again, not looking very likely for what he said, but it doesn't outright disconfirm it.
Is this Spainkiller we're talking about? I thought all he said was his source saw those characters 'moving around' in the game (I don't even remember them saying which version or when) and they were pretty sure they were being held off for some connectivity thing. Where did they say they're still on the cartridge or anymore specifics?

Blizzard

Banned
lol

NArQEB8.png
"Junior, what did I tell you about your bedtime? And no going out and joining fighting games? Look at you now!"

gngf123

If I'm understanding this right, surely the optimal survival strategy is to hold an angle 45 degrees from back, not entirely backwards like people have been saying.

If the game reads the inputs as a square and not a circle, pressing down right will give you the down vector and will also give you the movement to the side.

Similarly, if you get knocked off the side, holding up back surely would be best, no?

ffdgh

Not even any DLC related things? :/

Well....there's this.

Hey has this been pointed out? Potentially interesting, so heres texture rips. https://mega.co.nz/#!I8tAQTxA!nPwyw_7tWJi96dzzCeOlsK_fTYdTLgXzPLRe4tqWsf0

Extract and search for chr_10_page you'll find these.
EL2JT9L.png
8OvNlkf.png

Their file names are "chr_10_page_1.tex (AFE29875-55.bin)_0" and "chr_10_page_2.tex (AFE29875-56.bin)_0" They are grouped and the same size as character select icons.

Checked out stages and the same thing exists too.
oy0GXfG.png
NzSyEjq.png

stage_10_page_1.tex (0DFEFCCA-39.bin)_0 & stage_10_page_2.tex (0DFEFCCA-40.bin)_0

Looks like something that could be used for DLC, doesn't confirm anything for sure as they could be left overs from when the CSS or such was bigger but yeah think this would fit so well with that current gap in the stage select screen.

Timeaisis

For the record, I love you all. Sorry I may have come off as argumentative. Just trying to provide a foil to the the negative criticism. Not saying the game is perfect. I'm hopeful for the competitive prospects of Smash 4 as much as you guys. I'm just trying to withhold judgment until I get more time with the game, and I guess I lean more toward pro vector than anti.

We shall see. Until then, let's keep doing what we do, SmashGAF. I love our passion. Sometimes I get a little riled up. :p

If I'm understanding this right, surely the optimal survival strategy is to hold an angle 45 degrees from back, not entirely backwards like people have been saying.

If the game reads the inputs as a square and not a circle, pressing down right will give you the down vector and will also give you the movement to the side.

Similarly, if you get knocked off the side, the holding up back surely would be best, no?

if you get knocked straight up, it makes little difference whether you hold left or right actually (unless you're already near one side of the stage....but this should be obvious)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Edited: Sorry about double post >.<

well..you didn't believe duck hunt was in the game the first few weeks of the leak.

It was me being in denial because it's too good to be true. :p I believe everyone got in but not duck hunt, I meant HOLY SMOKES SAKURAI ACTUALLY MAKE DUCK HUNT PLAYABLE CHARACTER! ITS LIKE DREAM IS COMING REALITY FOR ME!

Neiteio

Where is that arrow from?
The arrow was data-mined. It's the same size as the stage and character icons, and there's one grouped with the character screen data and one grouped with the stage screen data.

Seems to be a tab you'd click to go to a separate page for DLC characters/stages. Which probably also explains why something like 900+ MB is reserved.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The arrow was data-mined. It's the same size as the stage and character icons, and there's one grouped with the character screen data and one grouped with the stage screen data.

Seems to be a tab you'd click to go to a separate page for DLC characters/stages. Which probably also explains why something like 900+ MB is reserved.

XE5YawU.gif

Unicorn

Have we cycled through every single Villager costume yet? I think they're all great!

But noone has shown off stripe girl yet or light green dead eyes. Anyone care to show those off as their favorites so we've got all 8 in one thread!? Lol

But seriously I like dead eye light green girl.

puJC0oh.png

I JUST now realized Daisy shirt is the only one with colored hair. Dafuq? She has to win by default for diversity.

gngf123

if you get knocked straight up, it makes little difference whether you hold left or right actually (unless you're already near one side of the stage....but this should be obvious)
Thinking about it, yeah.

Not very often I find myself thinking about vectors at 4:45am without sleep.

Eh. So, what's this vectoring that's got people so up in arms now? I saw a video of it, but I don't see how it's terrible. Isn't it the point of the other player to escape combos and not die? The games wouldn't be fun otherwise. Players are intuitive enough to adapt to these kinds of things. I kind of feel that people were becoming too happy with the game, that they just needed a reason to be upset.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why is SB making a huge fuss about the new physics mechanic? Seems like people are just bitching that "it's not DI!!!!" when apparently you can actually try to get around/learn from "vectoring".

Nah, we're talking about how glad we are Wolf's gone now.
Mothra-vs-Godzilla-GIF-random-37219492-500-210.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That's huge.

I know you don't believe in DLC right now, but what would you expect that space to be for?
That's like, double the characters and stages.

A really really huge Ridley Trophy where we have to scrolling up like 100 times to see Ridley's eye.

serious answer: it might be memories that are used for remembering your last colors (characters), 8 customization/setting per character, etc, etc.

BY2K

Membero Americo
If they handle DLC for Smash the same way they did for Mario Kart 8, the first batch of DLC could be released 6 months after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom