• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

J@hranimo

Banned
I think this has been a thing since the game came out, but I guess they decided to make an infographic about how to do it.

I saw it on facebook not too long ago too haha.

It was part of a 3DS firmware update a few weeks ago, those instructions apply to any image saved to your 3DS album thing, it isn't smash specific.

Ah okies :3
Thanks for all the 1.0.3 patch testing you've been up to as well: your thorough investigations are super appreciated :D

Oh man, just got off from playing against an awesome Toon Link player on For Glory. We had like 10 matches or so and while I only won twice I learned so much from them, and even learned some new tricks with Wario. (Bike throwing is INCREDIBLE) The guy was really crazy with his bomb toss cancelling.

I have some of the replays saved and I'll upload them all if you want some Toon Link (and Wario I guess :lol) action.

emb

Really it was just posted on Facebook today lol
I haven't tried it and don't know anything about the 3DS photo sharing thing, but it sounds like a general thing we've had since before this game was out. I could be totally wrong though, I don't know.

Was there a patch for Miiverse support etc when the New 3DS released?

JoeInky

Alternatively you can just do it the easy way and take the 3DS' SD card out and do any uploading via your PC.

It's quicker to do multiple images and you don't have to bother with the 3DS' internet browser.

If you throw Wario's bike and all hits connect, it'll deal around 41-47% damage. (Depending on the hitbox for some reason)

It's crazy, and there are ways to have the bike on stage reliably.

Revven

VGBC posted a Dr. Mario combo video

Some of the stuff is cool and all but I really don't see the point in doing a combo video where most of your combos won't work against a real opponent.

I don't even think they should be allowed to be called "combos", should be strings or something like that.

Some of those are actually possible on a real opponent, though. Mainly the ones that involve the jab resets/forced getup (refuse to call it a lock in this game lol). Highly situational but possible nonetheless.

J@hranimo

Banned
So this happened to me lol: https://vine.co/v/OMqMPvmrBr5

Gotta kill with Ganondorf's Up-Tilt. I did predict the counter/double team, but I meant to charge an Up-Smash. At least now I know Up-Tilt can be used for counter predictions lol.

The spike was just a bonus.

Yooooo Ganondorf staying too powerful!

One thing I like to do sometimes in For Glory is when they're trying to recover and grab the ledge, I just ready an up-tilt.

Moonlight

Banned
I've been tooling around a bit with Zero Suit Samus, and I actually think I like her quite a bit. I feel like she's pretty similar to Robin, honestly, in that she's got a pretty strong mix of zoning and set-up options (the stun-gun is basically a less practical Arcfire in terms of set-ups into smash attacks and the like) and good normals. Aerials not being quite as good as Robin's, but Robin's are amazing. Obviously, they're really different in terms of speed and especially in approach options, but it's a little more familiar a transition than I was expecting. I still suck at her, but she's definitely really fun. Hate to say it, but I might wind up ditching Palutena for her at some point.

I've been tooling around a bit with Zero Suit Samus, and I actually think I like her quite a bit. I feel like she's pretty similar to Robin, honestly, in that she's got a pretty strong mix of zoning and set-up options (the stun-gun is basically a less practical Arcfire in terms of set-ups into smash attacks and the like) and good normals. Aerials not being quite as good as Robin's, but Robin's are amazing. Obviously, they're really different in terms of speed and especially in approach options, but it's a little more familiar a transition than I was expecting. I still suck at her, but she's definitely really fun. Hate to say it, but I might wind up ditching Palutena for her at some point.

She's great if you're into fast combos. Take advantage of her stun.

JoeInky

I need to test this again, but I just got 11 items from smash run instead of the usual max of 10.

Maybe collecting more than ten doesn't overwrite the earliest thing you collected anymore?

Iryx

I need to test this again, but I just got 11 items from smash run instead of the usual max of 10.

Maybe collecting more than ten doesn't overwrite the earliest thing you collected anymore?

There has never been a max of 10 as far as I'm aware, I got 14 or 15 items from Smash Run lots of times when I was doing the challenges.

ffdgh

That was false info. You could always get more than 10 items.

Falawful

Hey Cosmic are you up for some games now that the servers are back? 1v1 no customs?

If you can't right now then whoever else is welcome. Code's in profile.

JoeInky

Also, they have a multi-hit pound customisation that hits 5 times and instead of calling it double slap they call it pound blitz?

The fuck is wrong with these people.

FluxWaveZ

Playing Flux, will be ready in a few.

Ah, no! Damn, a connection error when the match was so exciting. Ah well, ggs. C. Falcon's tough to face as Sonic.

Yeah, GGs. It's funny, even if I can get a hard read on what you're going to do, it's tough to react accordingly against a good Sonic because of how fast he can get out of trouble. Yoshi's actually my best, but idk if that was apparent the way I was playing there lol.

Definitely had more trouble against your Captain Falcon. It could be because I had faced Yoshis before, but a lot of C. Falcon's moves seem to straight up counter the tools I tend to use (notably the spin dashes).

Falawful

Ah, no! Damn, a connection error when the match was so exciting. Ah well, ggs. C. Falcon's tough to face as Sonic.

Yeah, GGs. It's funny, even if I can get a hard read on what you're going to do, it's tough to react accordingly against a good Sonic because of how fast he can get out of trouble. Yoshi's actually my best, but idk if that was apparent the way I was playing there lol.

Falawful

Definitely had more trouble against your Captain Falcon. It could be because I had faced Yoshis before, but a lot of C. Falcon's moves seem to straight up counter the tools I tend to use (notably the spin dashes).

Yeah, I think it was a matter of move priority. I was surprised how many of Yoshi's moves got beaten or cancelled by Sonic's moves, when on many other characters they connect just fine. Gotta play you more to learn the matchup!

Anyone out there for a few games?

Cedric

If Martin from For Glory is reading this, you are the best Lil Mac I've ever played against. Damn, I really got a good beating for an hour long.

Top Bottom