• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Revven

Palutena getting buffs is definitely a good thing. I hope some of the other weaker charactets got changes as well.

Keep in mind the Palu stuff is unconfirmed until more people look at it.

I looked at a few of her stuff before updating and compared after I updated and her damage on her smash attacks, Uair and Nair were all the same in my testing. The person who posted the Palu damage info must not have been getting all the hits with Uair/Nair. Likely means the rest of the Palu info posted is placebo'd or making mistakes.

JoeInky

Just going to quote my post from smash boards

Did some testing on request of someone who directed me to that post, based on testing using two different 3DS', one updated and one not using the hold L for 1/4 speed to test duration of things.

-DTilt is exactly the same
-Uncharged smash attacks all have the exact same amount of damage
-Throws all do the same amount of damage as before
-Nair and Uair damage is unchanged
-Dair is unchanged
-Rocket Jump does 12% damage (still) and does not kill at 115% in either version
-Explosive flame has the exact same recovery time

Also his basis for all of this is that he's taking the earlier version stuff from what he wrote down in a notepad months ago lol.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
When the Wii U version comes out, I want us to make a list of everyone with a wired connection.

I've been thinking about getting a wii lan adapter, but it struck me that I wont be able to use my HDD (two USB slots) and the GC-adapter (two USB-slots?) and the Wii lan adapter at the same time..

Is there a work-around for this?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I've been thinking about getting a wii lan adapter, but it struck me that I wont be able to use my HDD (two USB slots) and the GC-adapter (two USB-slots?) and the Wii lan adapter at the same time..

That's why I bought all games as physical since it seem to be only solution for having LAN adapter and 1 GC adapter.

DaBoss

I hope they give vague patch notes from now on cause this is pretty funny. Placebo effects everywhere lol.

Powered USB hub that can power your HDD and take up one slot on the Wii U. You will have to turn off/on the USB hub manually or unplug/plug the HDD from the hub so it doesn't run constantly.

SoldnerKei

perhaps placebo effect, but Falco seems to do his neutral B ending animation faster and Marth getting meteors with his Dair more consistently, Link seems untouched imo

that changelog just dosen't help at all >_>

J@hranimo

Banned
Jeez, no changelog is really annoying.

Are there any character changes or are they all just anecdotal? I don't expect any major balance tweaks until the Wii U version comes out anyway.

JoeInky

perhaps placebo effect, but Falco seems to do his neutral B ending animation faster and Marth getting meteors with his Dair more consistently, Link seems untouched imo

that changelog just dosen't help at all >_>

All of those are placebo.

Are there any character changes or are they all just anecdotal? I don't expect any major balance tweaks until the Wii U version comes out anyway.

No confirmed character changes and people really shouldn't expect them in any 1.0.x update imo.

emb

So far it's all just conjecture. Everything that's been brought up seems to be unsubstantiated or just plain wrong. Without patch notes, it's probably nothing significant.

I do hope we get one balance overhaul (included on disc) when the Wii U version releases. Then I hope they just leave it alone. They're mildly separate games, so it would make sense to have some tweaks to the characters.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they give vague patch notes from now on cause this is pretty funny. Placebo effects everywhere lol.

Powered USB hub that can power your HDD and take up one slot on the Wii U. You will have to turn off/on the USB hub manually or unplug/plug the HDD from the hub so it doesn't run constantly.

Is it possible to just plug the one USB-connector on the Y-cable for the HDD to say a phone charger or something?

I have v1.0.2 and tested on Donkey Kong in regular Battlefield.

Palutena
Forward Smash (Close): 16
Forward Smash (Sour Spot): 13
Down Smash (Close): 15
Down Smash (Sour Spot): 13
Up Smash (Close): 16
Up Smash (Middle): 12
Up Smash (Very Top): 9

Forward Throw: 9
Back Throw: 10
UP Throw: 8
Down Throw: 5

Neutral Air (6 Hits): 11.5 (Weird move because using it twice does a total of 23)
Up Air (5 Hits): 9

Rocket Jump (Ground): 12
Rocket Jump (Air): 10

JoeInky

Patch 1.0.5 notes:

-We may have changed some things but we forgot, the version number is different so we must have changed something. We'll ask Jerry if he knows what we did.
-Jerry said he doesn't remember either, you figure it out.

I have hub that I plug into the wall that has slots for my external harddrive and LAN adapter. This free up the 2 slots in the front of my wii u

Guys, help

Can someone link me to the Smash wallpapers done by a Gaffer? The wallpapers are with a single character in the lower right corner and a plain background color

Thanks!

These are ripe conditions for someone to spread the rumour that they've changed the likelihood of getting a 9 on G&W's hammers or Peach pulling out a bob-omb or some other controversial change to something that's based on random :3

DaBoss

Now that I actually looked at the update page, I have no idea why people thought there were actual changes that people would notice.

This:
"Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience."

is the equivalent of this (from Nintendo's system updates):
"Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience."

It will be in every Smash update.

It even says the same thing for Patch 1.0.2.
Is it possible to just plug the one USB-connector on the Y-cable for the HDD to say a phone charger or something?
Maybe. It may not have enough power or something.

Could also be unsafe, maybe search online?

Now that I actually looked at the update page, I have no idea why people thought there were actual changes that people would notice.

This:
"Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience."

is the equivalent of this (from Nintendo's system updates):
"Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience."

It will be in every Smash update.

It even says the same thing for Patch 1.0.2.

The only thing they fixed with Patch 1.0.2 was the Peach glitch in For Glory as far as I recall.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I have hub that I plug into the wall that has slots for my external harddrive and LAN adapter. This free up the 2 slots in the front of my wii u

would this one work?

http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/home-solutions/connect/usb/dub-h4-4-port-usb-2-hub

Oh hey.

Palutena v1.0.3
Forward Smash (Close): 16
Forward Smash (Sour Spot): 13
Down Smash (Close): 15
Down Smash (Sour Spot): 13
Up Smash (Close): 16
Up Smash (Middle): 12
Up Smash (Very Top): 9

Forward Throw: 9
Back Throw: 10
UP Throw: 8
Down Throw: 5

Neutral Air (6 Hits): 11.5 (Still does that weird .5 instead of rounding out)
Up Air (5 Hits): 9

Rocket Jump (Ground): 12
Rocket Jump (Air): 10

There's no change to Palutena's damage output at all.

Revven

This just shows people need to jot down character stuff for documentation purposes. Why we don't have information on how much damage every character's every move does is beyond me. And if we do have all of that aggregated then it should be made aware to everyone so none of this stuff that's happening right now.... happens.

DaBoss

That doesn't have an AC adapter, so it won't. You need one that has an AC adapter so that will connect to the wall outlet which is where it will draw the power from.

Something like this would work: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DQFGH80/?tag=neogaf0e-20

There are probably cheaper options, but I don't know if they are reliable or not, so linked to an Amazon branded one.

EDIT: UK link since you used a UK link for that D-Link page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E0NH7DQ/

I haven't seen the bug yet. Do you happen to have a video link or quick explanation handy?

Go to Multi-Man Smash and pick Yoshi. When you see a giant character, use Yoshi's Egg Lay (Neutral Special) and watch the magic. Repeat until the giant character reaches a desirable size.

JoeInky

Apparently they might have fixed metaknight's broken hitboxes?

EUxj2Hi.gif
IDppgXy.gif

will test in a bit.

I'm really disappointed by Meta Knight's hitboxes in Sm4sh. He had to be nerfed, but taking away both glides, toning down his jumps and his recovery, making him slower AND shrinking the hitboxes is just too much.

But it was an intended change, I don't expect them to fix anything unless there's a real glitch involved.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Rosewill 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Power Adapter (RHUB-210) is what I got from amazon

It does not have an external power source unless the host connection sources about 1A of current.

You need a hub that uses an external 5V supply.

That doesn't have an AC adapter, so it won't. You need one that has an AC adapter so that will connect to the wall outlet which is where it will draw the power from.

Something like this would work: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DQFGH80/?tag=neogaf0e-20

There are probably cheaper options, but I don't know if they are reliable or not, so linked to an Amazon branded one.

EDIT: UK link since you used a UK link for that D-Link page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E0NH7DQ/

Thanks everyone, and sorry about OT'ing

I ordered a hub with power supply.

That+gc controller+wii lan adapter+gc controller adapter = smash wii u most expensive game ever :p

Berordn

You guys don't think it was just preparing room for the Mewtwo data which will be required for all anyway.

Little early for it to be doing that, isn't it?

If it's anything other than generic stability fixes it's probably related to Wii U connectivity, since that likely went gold recently and it's not like there was any chance of bugs coming up related to that meantime.

JoeInky

So you think this might be the main thing along with the conquest change that's been added in 1.0.3 or was that possible before? :eek:

It was part of a 3DS firmware update a few weeks ago, those instructions apply to any image saved to your 3DS album thing, it isn't smash specific.

Top Bottom