• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

• The Conquest chart will no longer be displayed when Conquest Mode is active.
  • Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11692/~/how-to-update-super-smash-bros.-for-nintendo-3ds

Some people say that some of the glitches are still present. Which makes me believe it's probably something like the game being more lenient on you for "bullying" during For Fun.

The biggest change seems to be the removal of the Conquest chart. No more easy Conquest wins by siding with the biggest group.

random25

Oh 1.0.3 update is live. I'll update later.

I wonder what "balance adjustments" have been made and who are the characters affected. Or if it ever was character related lol

I was gonna ask to play some matches, but it looks like there's server maintenance happening? Maybe tomorrow then.

Also a tip for those who are losing track of what characters are left for single-player modes: not only is it in Records, you can also check your trophy gallery and filter it by Fighters to see which ones are missing.

Damn, just checked. Bummer.

Beats

I tried reconnecting and it seems like the server is undergoing maintenance or something. Good games! Feels like every time I fight you, you've picked up a new character, haha. Couldn't take a game off you, but at least I was close? It's like every time I get close to sealing a final stock, I completely forget how. >_>

Or that sleeping counter happens and I'm done. :lol

Your turnip game is pretty good! Using them as grab set-ups is tricky as hell. And they basically ensured I rarely got the follow-up on an Arcfire in a projectile trade. Might have been a little too eager on the Peach Bombers, though. I'm probably not one to talk given how many times I got hit by them anyways, but there were still some instances where I managed to get a solid punish in from the endlag or hit you out with a f-tilt.

After spending so much time using Wii Fit Trainer I wanted to give some other characters a shot heh. I think you've improved compared to our last encounter. It was somewhat close most of the time and your Arcfire/El Thunder usage was pretty good. I kept getting hit by those. I didn't space the Peach Bombers well enough so many times too lol. I ended up landing right next to you a lot and taking a hit.

Also, your rolls were pretty good. Felt like you were avoiding a lot of my attacks and grabs. Maybe I was being too predictable...

-

edit: Those are some barebones patch notes lol. > . < I wonder what the balance adjustments are...

Hatchtag

Banned
Don't notice a single thing different about Mac. If they changed anything, it isn't noticable to me. Dash-cancel/roll-cancel grabs and his sort of dash dancing that's hard to pull off with the circle pad are still in.

JoeInky

Those are some really shit patch notes.

I bet it's something weird like they haven't actually changed anything about the characters but they've changed how an enemy works in smash run or something silly like that.

Also Japan has banned G&W in doubles tournaments now, that sucks.

random25

Those are some really shit patch notes.

I bet it's something weird like they haven't actually changed anything about the characters but they've changed how an enemy works in smash run or something silly like that.

Also Japan has banned G&W in doubles tournaments now, that sucks.

Why is G&W banned for doubles? Is it because of the bucket?

JoeInky

Why is G&W banned for doubles? Is it because of the bucket?

Yeah, due to the way the bucket now works you can instantly fill the bucket with a high damage projectile as opposed to it just absorbing a certain amount of damage and filling one level.

It's insanely broken due to how easy it is to setup and use and how powerful it is, I think they had a game that lasted a total of 17 seconds or something ridiculous due to this combo.

random25

Wow that was fast. Their opponent must be caught off guard with that. And we thought Smash 4 matches take so long to finish :p

I think this is just the case of opponents taken by surprise. I'm sure after seeing this people will learn countermeasures against that combo. Banning G&W in doubles is not a good solution to this as it only works with certain partners/opponents (right now, with/against Pikachu) though Sakurai and company can do some nerfing with that.

JoeInky

They weren't caught off guard, they were trying to do the exact same thing.

It's the quickest, easiest and safest OHKO setup in the game, it can't be asorbed or reflected.

The only counter to it is to pick Pikachu + GW and hope that you're better at doing it than them, or pick a character with a counter and be only slightly better off than other combinations in the game.

It's massively centralising to the doubles meta which is why they've banned it for now.

Masked Man

I said wow
Oh 1.0.3 update is live. I'll update later.

I wonder what "balance adjustments" have been made and who are the characters affected. Or if it ever was character related lol

Yeah, I'm likewise curious about what changes were made. The JP note I found mentioned that they would be updating the online rankings "and so forth."

I look forward to the mountain of unnecessary Little Mac nerfs

Moonlight stahp pls ;__;

random25

They weren't caught off guard, they were trying to do the exact same thing.

It's the quickest, easiest and safest OHKO setup in the game, it can't be asorbed or reflected.

The only counter to it is to pick Pikachu + GW and hope that you're better at doing it than them, or pick a character with a counter and be only slightly better off than other combinations in the game.

It's massively centralising to the doubles meta which is why they've banned it for now.

Didn't realize the other pair was also PikaWatch lol. Too small in my mobile screen. My bad.

$200

Banned
416.gif

Metal B

QUestion: Can you still watch old replays? If not. Them there actually Gameplay changes. There was a warning in the beginning, that old replays can get useless through updates.

JoeInky

This is also a great buff to Jigglypuff's pound if true, it does decent shield damage but it always recharges before there is another chance to use it.

JoeInky

Any idea if true or is it the usual 4Chan guff?

Several people on Smash boards seem to confirm it as well, shields degenerate quicker and regenerate slower now.

Now just add the rest of my changes Sakurai and you're good to go.

I'd test it by updating my UK 3DS and comparing it with JP 1.02, but I can't be arsed at the moment.

I just tested shield degeneration with Jigglypuff. They do not degenerate faster.

That doesn't mean that they didn't change shield recharging though, but it's very hard to test without two 3DSes with different versions of the game.

SuperSah

Banned
Several people on Smash boards seem to confirm it as well, shields degenerate quicker and regenerate slower now.

Now just add the rest of my changes Sakurai and you're good to go.

I'd test it by updating my UK 3DS and comparing it with JP 1.02, but I can't be arsed at the moment.

I just tested shield degeneration with Jigglypuff. They do not degenerate faster.

That doesn't mean that they didn't change shield recharging though, but it's very hard to test without two 3DSes with different versions of the game.

Appears to be two totally different views, huh?

Shall await further confirmation/deconfirmation before I reach a final judgment.

If true, Lucina, shield breaker, yis.

Top Bottom