• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Richie

Just for fun, here are the first updates we've gotten with each Mega Thread:

Mega Thread 1 : Reveal of the game itself, everyone is going nuts over the trailer and all the profiles on the freshly remodeled smashbros.com. Finally, at page 33 (that is, showing 100 posts per page) we have our Very First Pic Of The Day...Which is rather on the fanservice-y side! (Some great reactions on Miiverse, too!)

Mega Thread 2 : Pre-Nintendo Direct night. Faux Olimar picture, followed by Luigi's confirmation! Interestingly, within the same day Polygon releases an article featuring Sakurai; "the pain of modern game development".

Mega Thread 3: A shot of the already unveiled Pilotwings stage, showing us the plane would fly through a set of rings. EatChildren discovers a fantastic hidden message in said pic.

Mega Thread 4: Rainbow Road for the 3DS is confirmed! It has its own thread, which doesn't get much hype from the rest of Gaming GAF.

Mega Thread 5: Mother Brain, confirmed as an Assist Trophy! Another one with its own thread, conjures a bit more excitement than Rainbow Road's reveal.

Aaand we are here now, in the sixth of these threads since the game was unveiled back in June 11 of last year. That's an average of a Mega Thread every 1.6 months! Let's see what we receive tonight, albeit Cucco's reveal will be a hard one to top!

Anth0ny

It's a new thread, time to kick this shit off in style.

GIF OF THE DAY: GIF OF THE FOREVER EDITION

goodlordalmighty7uk29.gif

Watch the video with reactions here. Watch it all.

Shun

I'm not ashamed or proud.

Another subpar Nisekoi character?

I'm am ashamed I am on the list for the first time :[

Yasuda Suzuhito character designs for Smash.
I wonder if Smash will be like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 where we might be able to have custom character select screen panels from the artists of those respective series.

17_ttt2customizable02.jpg

If it happens I'd like some nice art from Soejima Shinegori, Yasuda Suzuhito, Oda Eichiiro, Shinkawa Yoji, Yoshida Akihito, etc.

Azure J

God damn, Lord was the best thing about The Next Episode, free. Ice Climbers winning the whole thing might be up there too.

wait a sec
you have the exact same # of posts as Azure J (674)
o_O

on a scale of 1 to SmashGAF, how hype are you for MLG/Evo

We're both vets from the Dojo days that have refined our technique so we can be hype AND productive! :p

I'm excite as fuck. Standard fighting games were getting kinda stale and Melee's been riding the most ridiculous wave of hype lately.

?

Don't know how to respond
I feel like you're going to respond to me with a post from earlier, and I'm going to look like an idiot

no no, that was a pretty good comment
also lol at all the other "newcomers" hiding in corners

though just for fun:
newcomers in 2nd thread: foxuzamaki, SmithnCo, Horizon, Zeer0id, Drago, Sponge (6) (where did the last two go?)
3rd thread: theprodigy (lol), afoni, KHlover (3)
4th thread: Loco4Coco, Fiktion (2) (where'd Fiktion go?)
5th thread: Kriken, shunxsato, DisconnectD, PadWarrior, Benzychenz (5)

Yasuda Suzuhito character designs for Smash.
I wonder if Smash will be like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 where we might be able to have custom character select screen panels from the artists of those respective series.

17_ttt2customizable02.jpg

If it happens I'd like some nice art from Soejima Shinegori, Yasuda Suzuhito, Oda Eichiiro, Shinkawa Yoji, Yoshida Akihito, etc.
That would be so awesome, come to think of it. Considering the open invitation to the soundtrack of SSBB, it wouldn't be out of place, either.

We still have one top contender titles for OT for release date.

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U/3DS |OT| Super Bash Sisters

Proposal:

Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U |OT| A Frenzied Kerfuffle in a Rumbling Universe

no no, that was a pretty good comment
also lol at all the other "newcomers" hiding in corners

though just for fun:
newcomers in 2nd thread: foxuzamaki, SmithnCo, Horizon, Zeer0id, Drago, Sponge (6) (where did the last two go?)

You forgot about me.

Kriken

though just for fun:

I think I joined GAF in time for thread 4, but was too nervous to really post much back then, now I just post whenever and insult you whenever I can ;)

I think I joined GAF in time for thread 4, but was too nervous to really post much back then, now I just post whenever and insult you whenever I can ;)

yeah you got a whole SIX posts in thread 4 :p

also who's ready for
it's fucking nothing
a new reveal!

Anth0ny

God damn, Lord was the best thing about The Next Episode, free. Ice Climbers winning the whole thing might be up there too.

We're both vets from the Dojo days that have refined our technique so we can be hype AND productive! :p

I'm excite as fuck. Standard fighting games were getting kinda stale and Melee's been riding the most ridiculous wave of hype lately.

Yeah, Marvel has been super boring lately. It definitely had the hype crown for 2011-2013, but somehow Melee has managed to outdo itself every year since Brawl's release. With MLG, EVO and ridiculous moments like Lord's God Knee, 2014 is almost certainly going to be its best year ever.

Melee/Marvel/Ultra at Evo is going to be out of control.

jnWake

Funny how new thread hype manages to create 3 pages from nothing.

Also I'm glad I've never appeared in the wall of shame yet.

Top Bottom