• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: Put mii in, coach

some-men.jpeg

Holy shit
/dead
Who could be that evil

Nah, it's cool. Lucina's actually decent, and I prefer her over Chrom (but hen again, both align too much for Marth)
Just think more interesting choices could be made from FE:A, and although I liked her a bunch at the beginning, as time went on, I liked her less and less. Still cool though

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Surely wrapping a useable bit of toilet roll with heavy duty tape would be worse. It has that additional so close yet so far factor.

RagnarokX

I had a dream last night that I checked the miiverse page and Sakurai announced Ridley would be playable as NFC DLC, but he looked like this:

i0YIjnp.png

A sprite slapped onto a simple 3D shape with mounted fish cannons. In the post Sakurai was talking about listening to fans and trying to be as faithful as possible to characters. Heh.

Codeblue

So with Ike can anyone think of any possible buffs for him since he was powerful but slow in Brawl.

I thought his side B when used in the air, if it connects with an opponent, would have a meteor effect and you would cut through whoever you impacted with and go the whole distance horizontally instead of having it blocked and falling down. And if his eruption move connects without a charge, maybe you could super jump from it into an aerial attack or something. Maybe this would overpower him. I enjoyed using him and Ganondorf in Brawl despite their sluggishness but I wouldn't mind some buffs for them.

Increase his grab range, I've lost a bunch of matches to his t-rex arms. Make Nair's recovery so that it's viable off stage, make eruption and counter better defensive options because they're useless at the moment. Totally agree with quick draw running to completion instead if stopping when you hit someone. At the least make it go through air dodges.

Surely wrapping a useable bit of toilet roll with heavy duty tape would be worse. It has that additional so close yet so far factor.

Imagine if double sided duct tape were a thing
Or a sandpaper roll with a piece of snapaper on each piece of toilet paper in a toilet paper roll...

I need to stop

Anyways, so are there any specific themes from Pokemon you want in Smash
Here's mine, Game Corner in Pokemon DPPt- by far the greatest game corner theme

Love chilling here
Also, would get to
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ DANCE RIOT LIKE ITS 10PM ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

-Horizon-

I had a dream last night that I checked the miiverse page and Sakurai announced Ridley would be playable as NFC DLC, but he looked like this:

i0YIjnp.png

A sprite slapped onto a simple 3D shape with mounted fish cannons. In the post Sakurai was talking about listening to fans and trying to be as faithful as possible to characters. Heh.

"Samus won't know what hit her"

Caladrius

i0YIjnp.png

I for one welcome our Fishley overlord.

Velcro Fly

some-men.jpeg

Edit: Seriously, though, weather he's playable or a boss, Ridley's gonna have his Other M design. Samus & Zamus both have their Other M desgins, and the stage he's suppose to appear in is based on location from Other M, so it just seems obvious that we're getting Worst Ridley.

This is like some Saw shit. Golly moses

munchie64

i0YIjnp.png

Future gif potential?

Jackano

Disapointing thread title. Where is my song of Ice Climbers and Fire Emblem?
Probably with the Ice Climbers, out of the game and the OT

DaBoss

Not sure how many people read in the other thread. This is some info regarding the players who will be attending the Invitational.
Give us a hint man, give us a hint
Sorry guys, totally forgot I posted that. Yeah I won't give out serious hints, but I can say that a variety of players will be represented (sponsored/not sponsored, younger/older, guys/girls, Melee/PM/Brawl Players etc). I see a lean towards Melee players but I do believe that's because I'm in the Melee circles and not the overall Smash or Brawl circles.

Many of the players you guys can predict, but there are a few surprises for the people that don't know the community personally.
Of the 7 you know, do we have multi-game representatives yet?
Yes

I think everyone that knows the community will be impressed and happy with the selections. At least of the ones I know.
----------------------
Did anyone see the game explain ike thing.

It was interesting.
They start off by saying Marth and X FE character is the pattern lol...

Hopefully that aside it is good.

EDIT: Like some posts everywhere, the misconception that Ike indicates that other veterans are all likely to come back is silly. Ike isn't a clone, semi-clone, pseudo-clone, fake clone, Luigified clone, and whatever kinds of clones there are lol. Ike had a completely unique moveset and only shared a counter move with Marth.

Axass

Edit: Seriously, though, weather he's playable or a boss, Ridley's gonna have his Other M design. Samus & Zamus both have their Other M desgins, and the stage he's suppose to appear in is based on location from Other M, so it just seems obvious that we're getting Worst Ridley.

Luckily so far Sakurai has shown to have some taste with the character designs: he modified Other M Samus, making sense of her high heels, he gave us both Warios, several Villagers, almost every design is a huge improvement over Brawl (aside from Fox). He knows Other M Ridley is hideous, you only have to watch that ugly thing once to know: if he's playable his model's going to be something similar to the Brawl version.

Princess_Eevee9

Neo Member
Imagine if double sided duct tape were a thing
Or a sandpaper roll with a piece of snapaper on each piece of toilet paper in a toilet paper roll...

I need to stop

Anyways, so are there any specific themes from Pokemon you want in Smash
Here's mine, Game Corner in Pokemon DPPt- by far the greatest game corner theme

Love chilling here
Also, would get to
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ DANCE RIOT LIKE ITS 10PM ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

While I'm at it for Pokemon music, both of Miror B.'s themes need to be in the game

XD Gale of Darkness
Colosseum

Pokémon x and Y VS. Elite 4 theme
Pokémon X and Y VS. Champion Diantha theme
Pokémon Diamond and VS. Champion Cynthia theme
Pokémon Black and White2 VS. Courses theme
Pokémon Black and White VS. Elite 4 theme
Pokémon Platinum Version VS. Frontier Brain
Pokémon Black2 and White2 Humilau City theme
Pokémon Black/2 and White/2 VS. Gym Leader theme
Pokémon Black2 and White2 VS. Champion Iris theme
Pokémon X and Y VS. Gym Leader theme
And many others but these are my current favorite. I like your selections! :D

Village

Not sure how many people read in the other thread. This is some info regarding the players who will be attending the Invitational.

----------------------

They start off by saying Marth and X FE character is the pattern lol...

Hopefully that aside it is good.

Oh I never said it was good.

They said that Ike and Roy can't co-exist because Roy supposedly is supposed to hit slightly harder than ike. And that because reasons is why roy can't co-exist with them.

I don't think roy is coming back, amongst his own community he is detested, but I do think that was a very dumb justification. Can they bring in a fighting game dude, one time. Just once.

Also the weird justification they came up with that, because this character looks like other characters there for cut or fight the same.

JNdr0OK.jpg

People need to watch the execution scene in Fire Emblem if you don't know why Ike is cut. Or get an idea on how cut Ike really is.

Village

Would like to put some very early suggestions in for new thread title.

Sweet Smash Brother ( referencing this )

Pushing Smash 3ds for Summer Slam.

Smash at e3 Mania 2014

Pushing Smash Wii U for the Royal Rumble.

We had to make 9 mighty threads, Capcom Refused.

If its post e3 is absolutely amazing.

IT WAS A SLOBBERNOCKER! GOOD GOD!

Kyzon

If/when Ridley is shown to be playable it should be during the developer roundtable in front of a crowd. It should also be streamed.

I want to see people lose their mind.

Razia

Luckily so far Sakurai has shown to have some taste with the character designs: he modified Other M Samus, making sense of her high heels, he gave us both Warios, several Villagers, almost every design is a huge improvement over Brawl (aside from Fox). He knows Other M Ridley is hideous, you only have to watch that ugly thing once to know: if he's playable his model's going to be something similar to the Brawl version.

It's still Other M Samus. Power Suit is Other M, Zero suit is Other M, Other M stage, Ridley's silhouette is Other M.

If Ridley is playable, it's gonna be Other M.
He might be modified, but it's still gonna be Other M.

Top Bottom