• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 8: Put mii in, coach

It's the typical anime nose where it's "barely there" from the front but more defined from the side, as we see in other screens showing her profile

That always looks a little out of place in full 3D renders. Peach and Rosalina kind of have the same thing going on, but it doesn't look as weird for some reason. Maybe because their eyes are bigger?

Neiteio

I wasn't aware that there are a ton of games that treat men as nothing more than sex objects.
It was a split-second of fully clothed footage. Trust me, I have my limits -- I really can't stand the sorceress in Dragon's Crown, for example -- but this is barely anything by comparison. The female character in Disney's Hercules was more provocative than this.

So in the direct, Wario and Ganondorf were the only two puppet characters who were not announced for Smash Bros yet.

I wonder...

And it was interesting that the puppet used Wario's classic outfit rather than his biker suit. Does that mean the hat and overalls combo will be his main outfit this time around and the biker suit will be his alt?

...Probably not.

Kaljinyu

Well, I guess it just depends on the person. True, Palutena's T&A close up wasn't subtle in comparison to that Brawl post but nor did I think it was sexually explicit. I thought it was playful if anything. When I think of sexually explicit in Brawl, I think of all the ass pics of Samus and breast shots of Zelda that you couldn't go anywhere smash-related without seeing.

At least we can agree we didn't see any silly boob jello.

But these were ass/breast shots, which ass/breast shots from the Brawl era do you mean? Like, snapshots?

I'm not talking about the game itself, just the trailer.

Really? Because...

I'm talking about this.

xOM4eu.gif

We don't need more of this shit in games.

There you go making posts and not knowing what context you're going for again. Tell me what's your argument?

Dr. Buni

I am annoyed by the fanservice in Palutena's reveal trailer too, but come on Kinsei, you are overreacting.

There doesn't seem to be any blatant fanservice in Palutena's gameplay footage and that is what matters. Fuck the trailer.

Kaljinyu

The same way that the reveal trailer was offensive?

The question then is, was the reveal trailer supposed to be relevant to anyone's sexual interests? If so, is Buff Reggie also fanservice? Or is Buff Reggie an innocuous thing and we're all reaching to presume there's anything sexual implied about it?

jph139

So watching Splatoon... think there's any Smash application there? Obviously nothing for this game (maybe a trophy), but I like the designs for the Inklings. Maybe an AT or an item down the line. I suspect it's going to end up as one of those games that's lost in the shuffle of Nintendo history, though.

J-Tier

So watching Splatoon... think there's any Smash application there? Obviously nothing for this game (maybe a trophy), but I like the designs for the Inklings. Maybe an AT or an item down the line. I suspect it's going to end up as one of those games that's lost in the shuffle of Nintendo history, though.
I'd love for a trophy at the least.

Kaljinyu

It looks pretty new, I know that in Brawl, Wario referenced a game that was in development, but I think that, like with Roy, was done specifically for a game that people don't know about. Splatoon will be released soon, so it probably wasn't worth the effort to promote it that heavily.

The trailer is related to games. It's meant to advertise the game. This counts as something in the games industry.

Sure, yet the problem we have here is that the game will not have a sexualized Palutena as we've been given in-game footage in that same trailer. But no, the trailer itself is still offensive right? If you're going to argue feminism/women's rights/equal rights/etc. this thread is not the place to do it as:

1) Said scene/fanservice can be considered of minimum sexuality (if even that) when compared to other fanservice scenes of other games.

2) All of here prioritize actual game content and don't give a shit about the trailer.

Top Bottom