• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaeger

Ehhh, what's wrong with him using a sword?

Nothing inhertianly. I personally don't want to see half the cast wielding swords, is all.

This. If anything he should have zero new moves that represent the franchise he's from. All of his alternative specials should be cloned from Peach, Lucina, and Mega Man.

What if it just replaces one of his smash attacks? Like forward smash or up smash? Not full sword wielder, but it still helps represent his gaming persona better than a falcon kick ever did.

I'm ok with that. Give him peache's side special, lucina's down special (we need more counters, honestly. Not enough) and mega man's dash attack.

Not wanting him to have a sword =/= Not wanting him to have new or more faithful moves.

But hey, let's all post smart remarks and jump to conclusions!

Correct.

He obviously should be using a trident.

Why not?

CassSept

I wonder if there will be some sort of adventure mode in SSB4 WiiU. SSE was bad an the response was overwhelmingly negative, but Melee-style adventure mode could be cool.

For now I'm glad Classic Mode gets severe cuts. It took way too much time with Brawl's bloated level count (12 levels vs 8 in Melee!) and sluggish loading.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hopefully Ai no Uta gets an arrangement that suits Smash better.

Pikmin's selection was odd. I get the stage setting has a tranquil feel to it, but they didn't choose a single piece that suited a battle, despite the games themselves having battle music.

Instead we got a badly put together French version.

MUSIC!!!

Oh, and despite for Metroid having an old Melee and Brawl track (and they made MEtroid music BAAAD) this Ridley's theme remix is AMAZING
Is there a new Ridley's theme on the site? I'm only seeing Mega Man and Bath Time.

Hopefully Ai no Uta gets an arrangement that suits Smash better.

Pikmin's selection was odd. I get the stage setting has a tranquil feel to it, but they didn't choose a single piece that suited a battle, despite the games themselves having battle music.

Instead we got a badly put together French version.
Whaaat? Neither suited fighting at all, but the French version was wayyyy better than the Japanese one!

Golnei

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is there a new Ridley's theme on the site? I'm only seeing Mega Man and Bath Time.

Whaaat? Neither suited fighting at all, but the French version was wayyyy better than the Japanese one!
It's 40 seconds long and just fades out to loop. It's awful. It was clearly performed just for an advert hence the length. At least the Japanese version is a full song.

The "secret" bosses are probably Crazy Hand at 6.0+ difficulty and Tabuu at 9.0+ difficulty.

Maybe even Giga Bowser at some difficulty level if he's feeling really nostalgic.

Hatchtag

Banned
The "secret" bosses are probably Crazy Hand at 6.0+ difficulty and Tabuu at 9.0+ difficulty.

Maybe even Giga Bowser at some difficulty level if he's feeling really nostalgic.

I'm guessing Giga Bowser would be more likely to be in an Adventure Mode on the Wii U version, or an Event Mode on either version.

Golnei

That song, and also kind of that fight, is the highlight of Other M. Just too bad about the lead-up to that fight, but even that couldn't ruin the music there.

Unsurprising, considering it might as well have been the only piece of music in Other M. I'm interested to see what music is chosen for the Pyrosphere - unlike most of the stages in the game, using direct rips or faithful covers of the original themes really won't be an option.

I'm guessing Giga Bowser would be more likely to be in an Adventure Mode on the Wii U version, or an Event Mode on either version.

Either way, I didn't want the abomination Tabuu anywhere near this game, but it doesn't seem like that'll be the case.

Just still a little bitter Master and Crazy weren't the main villains in the SSE, despite them being the main "villain" in every single other Smash. It didn't help Tabuu was a poorly designed Marx clone.

Cse

Banned
zlCfzSXJXDIG2jgY4d

Pic of the day. In Classic mode, you challenge multiple stages en route to a climactic final battle. The more gold you put onto the Fiend's Scale, the harder the battles will be. In return, your rewards will get better and more abundant. The best way to earn gold fast is to win Classic battles on higher intensity.

zlCfzSXJXX8cpkyClW

In Classic mode, you can choose your next challenge on the route map. Looks like Master Hand is waiting at the end, but perhaps something might change if you raise the intensity…?!

Sigh.

This is incredibly underwhelming, particularly when you consider the fact that we are just a few weeks away from release.

Fireblend

Banned
Just saw today's PotD... what was new? Only the fact that the final boss might change if we play at high difficulty? That's kinda lame.

I wonder if Sakurai can keep up with confirming or unconfirming the leak for another 18 days (minus the weekends).

Cse

Banned
I wonder if Sakurai can keep up with confirming or unconfirming the leak for another 18 days (minus the weekends).

We only have 9 more PotD before the floodgates open.

The game will start shipping out to retailers around September 8th. Once that occurs, people will find a way to get their hands on the game early.

Just saw today's PotD... what was new? Only the fact that the final boss might change if we play at high difficulty? That's kinda lame.

What if Sakurai decided to push all character reveals to after the Japanese release just to fuck with us because of the "leak".

NeonZ

Either way, I didn't want the abomination Tabuu anywhere near this game, but it doesn't seem like that'll be the case.

Just still a little bitter Master and Crazy weren't the main villains in the SSE, despite them being the main "villain" in every single other Smash. It didn't help Tabuu was a poorly designed Marx clone.

Master Hand/Crazy Hand also weren't the final bosses in Melee's adventure mode though, where it was Bowser (with Giga Bowser as an optional battle). Melee's Event mode also had Giga Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf as the opponents in the last event, rather than the Hands. They were always the last bosses in the Classic mode, but in all other modes they were sidelined. That's true in both Melee and Brawl.

Masked Man

I said wow
I'm willing to avatar bet its him. I've been saying it for months.

I've played most of the Soul games, but I'm admittedly not terribly familiar with his compositions. Is there any piece in particular that strikes you as reminiscent of the Smash 4/5 theme or vice versa?

I mark your words :)
I tend to agree on Hirokazu Ando. No particular reason, just my guess. HAL must be somewhere in the game development after all.

My man! Yeah, everything about the piece--the chord progression, the melodic intervals, the rhythmic structure--just screams Ando/Ishikawa to me. This is a perfect recent example of the kind of large, fast interval leaps that Ando and Ishikawa use in their melodies.

NeonZ

How likely are challenge and event matches for SSB 3DS? (Forgive my ignorance, but I skipped Brawl and haven't played Melee in many years: are challenges and events the same thing?)

Challenges is a board that shows the various requirements to accomplish and get prizes like trophies, stages, etc. When you get some, more around them become visible. It's not an actual match type. Anyway, I think the silence about Event matches so far is kind of odd. I thought they'd for sure return, but no confirmation up to now, in spite of the site having updated the solo modes section, doesn't give me much confidence...

Fireblend

Banned
I call bull. Whoever made this even left out most of his fingers, did a shark bite them off or something?

Plus, normally Master Hand is seen from a sideways perspective. Why would Sakurai change that now?

A Smashboards mod just validated it as real though. It seems the actual leaker the original pictures came from wanted people to be suspicious of them, so he photoshopped some fingers out. The rest is legit tho.

A Smashboards mod just validated it as real though. It seems the actual leaker the original pictures came from wanted people to be suspicious of them, so he photoshopped some fingers out. The rest is legit tho.
Ohhh, that makes sense then! Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure if I completely buy it yet, but that's more resonable. Hopefully Sakurai shows Master Hand soon so we can put this to rest.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One of the last Dojo updates before Brawl's release was Brawl mode, the main mode that everyone already knew was in the game. It's not that odd that he decided to mention classic mode this late in the game.

NeonZ

One of the last Dojo updates before Brawl's release was Brawl mode, the main mode that everyone already knew was in the game. It's not that odd that he decided to mention classic mode this late in the game.

I think people's issue with the update is that the site already had a classic mode update outside picture of the day. The only details this added was that Master Hand is the standard final boss and the number of battles. Everything else was already known and in the site itself even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom