• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleans:

daily-en_20140825_obpoc.jpg

daily-jp_20140825_s7q1y.jpg

EU commercial: http://youtu.be/xUklwQ5OPhU

If I didn't have the Zelda 3ds I'd get this one
This is a seriously dull commercial. More focus on footage from the trailer than footage from the game (of which there's only like three seconds), and then the audio cuts out as the 3DS XL shows up. Unmemorable, to put it lightly.

Wichu

It's gonna be a Face Raider!

Great, now I'm going to be disappointed when Face Raider isn't an assist trophy. Sakurai, make it happen!

EDIT: First time looking at the music page. I forgot how awesome SSB artist lists are.
ACE YESSSSSSS

I wonder if there will be some sort of adventure mode in SSB4 WiiU. SSE was bad an the response was overwhelmingly negative, but Melee-style adventure mode could be cool.

I hope so. If 3DS gets Smash Run, Wii U should at least have another exclusive mode with one or more big maps to explore. SSE was too long for its own good, so the overall design was a bit generic, almost boring. An adventure mode that can be beaten in one hour or less would be great, especially for replays with different characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is a seriously dull commercial. More focus on footage from the trailer than footage from the game (of which there's only like three seconds), and then the audio cuts out as the 3DS XL shows up. Unmemorable, to put it lightly.
That's not the commercial. That's what NoE put out when they announced the Smash 3DS XL, so the focus is on the system not the game. Yeah, the silence at the end is odd, but I don;t see them putting that out on television.

emb

This week needs to be full of reveals.

C'mon Sakurai!
Or even just one.

Today's picture sets the tone for the week so low. The kind of week for sitting in my room and alternating between sleeping/crying while it rains. It feels like that kind of week.

McNum

Unsurprising, considering it might as well have been the only piece of music in Other M. I'm interested to see what music is chosen for the Pyrosphere - unlike most of the stages in the game, using direct rips or faithful covers of the original themes really won't be an option.
I had completely forgotten/repressed that music.

I suppose the Metroid Queen/Phantoon boss music could work, though, but Other M is rather slim pickings when it comes to melodic tunes. The Pyrosphere's own theme is a little too ambient for Smash, probably. Would be nice with a battle remix of it, though.

Cse

Banned
This week needs to be full of reveals.

C'mon Sakurai!

Not even reveals.

There is still so much he could show us. Even just a different angle from an already revealed stage would be nice.

Today's PotD would have been suitable for this time last year.

Golnei

Or even just one.

Today's picture sets the tone for the week so low. I just to sit in my room and alternate between sleeping/crying while it rains. It feels like that kind of week.

...I'd prefer to think we got a fairly unremarkable mechanic-based image today because something more substantial will be shown on Thursday or Friday, but your interpretation is also valid. Either way, we'll both be crying by the end of the week.

Berordn

...I'd prefer to think we got a fairly unremarkable mechanic-based image today because something more substantial will be shown on Thursday or Friday, but your interpretation is also valid. Either way, we'll both be crying by the end of the week.

SSB for 3DS |OT| There will be crying.

Golnei

3DS Metroid stage tomorrow including SA-X boss.

If it were just the SA-X, it'd probably be difficult to differentiate from Samus herself. An X Core which copies one of the fighters on the stage might be a better solution - though if using Fusion as the basis for a stage, the Restricted Lab and its various Metroid evolutions might be simpler.

Cse

Banned
Well he has 4 days left to announce one this month but he'll probably wait until September.

I'll go ahead and confidently make a prediction - if we don't get a Smash / Nintendo Direct or multiple major character reveals by next Friday (September 5th), then we're going to end up finding out the final roster, stage list, etc, from leakers who obtained the game early.

No one will care about a Smash Direct after everything has officially leaked.

J@hranimo

Banned
Oh wait, I just realized the music for updated.

MM2 Medley is amazing and the Nintendogs stage music is catchy. I guess as long as we get music updates I don't care what the PotD is.

-Horizon-

Pic of the day. In Classic mode, you challenge multiple stages en route to a climactic final battle. The more gold you put onto the Fiend's Scale, the harder the battles will be. In return, your rewards will get better and more abundant. The best way to earn gold fast is to win Classic battles on higher intensity.
zlCfzSXJXDIG2jgY4d

In Classic mode, you can choose your next challenge on the route map. Looks like Master Hand is waiting at the end, but perhaps something might change if you raise the intensity…?!
zlCfzSXJXX8cpkyClW

Goooooooold.

Xane

Cleans:

daily-en_20140825_obpoc.jpg

daily-jp_20140825_s7q1y.jpg

I agree with every of your points. I'm somewhat disappointed at the commercial myself. Hopefully, this is just the short version with a slightly longer variation showing more gameplay.
This is arguably one of the biggest flagship titles for Nintendo, I really don't want to see them effing up the commercial..

emb

Oh wait, I just realized the music for updated.

MM2 Medley is amazing and the Nintendogs stage music is catchy. I guess as long as we get music updates I don't care what the PotD is.
Oh. Thanks for pointing that out!

I wonder if we're getting new music every day now, or every week or something.

maxcriden

I'll go ahead and confidently make a prediction - if we don't get a Smash / Nintendo Direct or multiple major character reveals by next Friday (September 5th), then we're going to end up finding out the final roster, stage list, etc, from leakers who obtained the game early.

I completely agree. All the more reason why I expect we're still due for a Direct this month.

Believe it or not, there are people who don't follow all this forum leak stuff.

emb

Wow, next Friday is September 5th. That's practically September 13th. O.O
Believe it or not, there are people who don't follow all this forum leak stuff.
You have proof to back that up? Kappa

Forkball

If we are playing the betting game, I say next Thursday is a Smash Direct. This week could be a total filler week, but once we enter those final 10 PotDs stuff is going to get out and people will be clamoring for more info.

Pokken will keep us occupied until then.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wasn't the previous Smash Direct announced by Nintendo rather than Sakurai? So if you're hoping for announcement today it could still happen on Twitter or something.

Can't think of too many people who follow the directs and not the forum talk.
The rest of Gaming Side?

Cse

Banned
Wow, next Friday is September 5th. That's practically September 13th. O.O

I think it's a little naive to think that people won't get their hands on this game early. Retailers were actually selling Pokemon X/Y days in advance of its actual release date, and I imagine it's only going to be worse with Smash.

The floodgates will open once the game starts shipping out to retailers.

Any information revealed by Sakurai after September 5th will most likely already be known to most fans.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Welp, sorry guys, but starting today until the announcement I'll be Pokemon hype mode. Though I am not sure if my body is ready.

I'll be honest, I'm leaning towards the leak being real simply because DHD is a "what the fuck" character which previous rosters have always had.

Not enough to hashtag it or anything (I don't use Twitter very often) but it's pretty convincing.

Also THESE FUCKING VIDEOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom