• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm incredibly happy with this roster. :)

Despite losing Lucas and IC, same here. I can't believe I'm excited for any iteration of Bowser Jr.

Dixie for me is almost equally as hyped as Ridley! Mewtwo was my main in Melee so leaving him behind in Brawl really hurt. Little Mac, Ridley and Dixie were the only 3 I begged for in Brawl as I just assumed Mewtwo would be back. Man it seems so likely that my greatest desires will be realized.

Too bad the guy said it's not Ridley who's in the game. At the same time DLC or time locks/ what ever aren't totally out of the question for me!

I RIDLEY WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!

I'm sorry Ridley likely won't make it in, but I'm excited Dixie might make it as well!

Neiteio

Oh and can I say how awesome it is that Bowser Jr doesn't have that brush and a dark Mario transformation? I could not stand the character in Sunshine and only grew to love him when in the NSMB series I realized he wasn't going to completely replace the Koopalings and they all started to coexist together. Him ridding in his personal mini clown car that was introduced in the last generation is just so unique and having the other Koopalings aS likely alternates just makes me want to jump up and down and scream YABADABADOOOOO!!!!
Bowser Jr. looks AWESOME! It's amazing how animated Sakurai made the Clown Car. It swells, it shrinks, it contorts, and the face is even more animated than expected, not only frowning when hit, but opening its mouth to spit out cannonballs and lick opponents with a comically huge tongue. And I love how it walks around on its propellers, a bit of cartoon genius I absolutely adore. :)

Not giving Bowser Jr. anything involving the paintbrush would be such a waste, since it was the origin of his character. If it's not going to be the focal point of his moveset, at least make it his FS or something.

If those last three characters hinted at turn out to be true, and IC, Wolf and Lucas come back through DLC, I'll never need to buy another Smash title ever again. Really.

Jawmuncher

Snake being cut actually turns me off buying the game.
Why buy WiiU Smash when my 2 favorites are in Brawl anyway.

Lucina I guess but she doesn't remotely make up for the loss of Snake.

I have enough newcomers that my purchase is cemented. But the cut of snake if true is painful. He's what got me into smash.

I'm pretty happy with the roster if it's true, even happier if we get the DLC characters or Mewtwo, Dixie etc. What's disappointing though:

- Captain Ganondorf. I don't even know why I got my hopes up, there was almost zero chance he was getting a new moveset.

- No grass Poké rep. Squirtle got at least replaced by Greninja but grass Pokés got robbed. Then again, nobody cares about them.

Not giving Bowser Jr. anything involving the paintbrush would be such a waste, since it was the origin of his character. If it's not going to be the focal point of his moveset, at least make it his FS or something.
I'd be fine with that. Though, if the Koopalings alt is legit, I see it being them calling in an Airship.

I've been very happy with the roster since the Robin trailer. Losing ICs is a bit of a downer, but it's not like I every played as them anyway. This is still the best roster Smash has ever had.

maxcriden

Bowser Jr. looks AWESOME! It's amazing how animated Sakurai made the Clown Car. It swells, it shrinks, it contorts, and the face is even more animated than expected, not only frowning when hit, but opening its mouth to spit out cannonballs and lick opponents with a comically huge tongue. And I love how it walks around on its propellers, a bit of cartoon genius I absolutely adore. :)

YES! It's so awesome. Just imagine how good Nabbit is going to be as DLC. ;)

Tan

Why buy WiiU Smash when my favorites are in Brawl anyway.
I can still play as Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ike and Samus anytime as well.

Isnt this true regardless of whether he's in 4 or not?

Apparently. And one of the leakers said (s)he knew of 3 more characters. One's a DK rep, one's a Pokemon rep, and the other's a newcomer for a new series. Which lines up from a leak from July that had all the characters from these recent links, as well as Bowser Jr.'s alts being the Koopalings (If the Larry trophy is anything to go by). If so, it means we're missing Dixie, Mewtwo, and Chorus Kids. July Leaker also said Ridley was in, too, so we're not sure if this 4Chan leaker has everything; no one's shown us anything about All-Star beyond it being locked.
Thanks.

But really, fuck leakers.

Kouichi

Yep! I'm pretty excited for Dark Pit using the Dark Staff.

I'm gonna be maining a lot of characters in this Smash Bros @__@

Same here on both.

Dark Pit is definitely going to be one of my most used out of the mains though. I need videos and details right now!

Man, thread is almost moving too fast for me to keep up!

If Dixie, Mewtwo, and the Chorus Kids are the last three characters, then I will be VERY happy with this roster. It's not perfect - Ice Climbers and Lucas getting cut hurts my soul - but otherwise I'm good. Hell, I'm great!

Why buy WiiU Smash when my favorites are in Brawl anyway.
I can still play as Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ike and Samus anytime as well.

Out of all the newcomers the most interesting to you is fucking Lucina?

Timeaisis

Lol gonzo
RoWkEnW.jpg

Beautiful.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm pretty happy with the roster if it's true, even happier if we get the DLC characters or Mewtwo, Dixie etc. What's disappointing though:

- Captain Ganondorf. I don't even know why I got my hopes up, there was almost zero chance he was getting a new moveset.

- No grass Poké rep. Squirtle got at least replaced by Greninja but grass Pokés got robbed. Then again, nobody cares about them.

It's still a weird holdover to me that he's the only clone from another franchise like that. I'm really bummed about that and no Ridley since he is the only character I really wanted ever since Melee and it still isn't happening.

Everything else is consistent between that rumor and this leak, and they're depicting Larry in the Clown Car, so yes, I'd say all seven Koopalings are available as alts of Bowser Jr.
That means Mario gets 14 reps! HOLY SHIT. Thats more than double any other series. And eight of them (DMario and Koppalings) are clones galore!

Also Pikmin gets a second rep since Alph is a costume aswell. Too bad it wasn't Britney! :mad:

Man, thread is almost moving too fast for me to keep up!

If Dixie, Mewtwo, and the Chorus Kids are the last three characters, then I will be VERY happy with this roster. It's not perfect - Ice Climbers and Lucas getting cut hurts my soul - but otherwise I'm good. Hell, I'm great!

Almost?

I think we've had 14 pages in an hour or two. I can't keep up at all.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Anyone know what the pink stage is in the 3DS stage pic. I can identify every stage on the list except that one.

Super-Smash-Bros-3DS-Stages.jpg

(also as the leaker was unlocking a few more characters, probably one stage that has to do with the 'different series' fighter still has to be unlocked, as there's still a slot for one more unlockable stage)

Anyone know what the pink stage is in the 3DS stage pic. I can identify every stage on the list except that one.

(also as the leaker was unlocking a few more characters, probably one stage that has to do with the 'different series' fighter still has to be unlocked)

The general consensus is that's Magicant from Mother 1.

(also as the leaker was unlocking a few more characters, probably one stage that has to do with the 'different series' fighter still has to be unlocked)

Magicant from the original Mother.

Looking at that again, there's definitely room for a RH stage in there.

Neiteio

As with anyone here, I respect your passion and personal desires, but speaking strictly for myself, I'm fine with Bowser Jr. not using the paintbrush. The Clown Car is just so much more interesting to me in every way, even from a nostalgia standpoint where it harkens back to Super Mario World.

I know, I know -- whynotboth.gif -- but I think Sakurai will really take this Clown Car concept and run with it. Already we see the car waddling around on its propellers, burping up cannonballs, licking enemies with a comically huge tongue, and pirouetting through the air in a whirlwind of boxing gloves. It frowns when hit, as predicted, and exhibits amazing elasticity for a machine, stretching and swelling and contorting. I love how Sakurai took a "mechanical" concept and delightfully exaggerated it in cartoon fashion.

And possibly the best part is how it seems we'll be able to play as each of the seven Koopalings, as well, as per the original rumor from early August that lines up perfectly with this leak. The hit-boxes are the same thanks to the Clown Car, after all. And in that one screenshot, we see a trophy of Larry Koopa in the Clown Car. It's all coming together. :)

J@hranimo

Banned
I strangely see it like this:

Rosalina and Luma kinda "replaced" Ice Climbers. Maybe if Sakurai and Co. couldn't exactly replicate ICs strange desyncs and whatnot from past Smash games, they designed a newcomer with a similar "second character" to mirror moves done by the original character.

Although I wasn't a fan of Lucas, I will kinda miss him. Also salute Snake, you were not only a great addition but a top tier character in Brawl

May you live on in Project M

As with anyone here, I respect your passion and personal desires, but speaking strictly for myself, I'm fine with Bowser Jr. not using the paintbrush. The Clown Car is just so much more interesting to me in every way, even from a nostalgia standpoint where it harkens back to Super Mario World.

I know, I know -- whynotboth.gif -- but I think Sakurai will really take this Clown Car concept and run with it. Already we see the car waddling around on its propellers, burping up cannonballs, licking enemies with a comically huge tongue, and pirouetting through the air in a whirlwind of boxing gloves. It frowns when hit, as predicted, and exhibits amazing elasticity for a machine, stretching and swelling and contorting. I love how Sakurai took a "mechanical" concept and delightfully exaggerated it in cartoon fashion.

And possibly the best part is how it seems we'll be able to play as each of the seven Koopalings, as well, as per the original rumor from early August that lines up perfectly with this leak. The hit-boxes are the same thanks to the Clown Car, after all. And in that one screenshot, we see a trophy of Larry Koopa in the Clown Car. It's all coming together. :)
Yeah dude, the animations of Bowser Jr. in that vid made me like the idea of him more than I already did; super pumped about him!

Murrah

Banned
Just wanted to say I was on #teamfake but hoping for real so I'll eat my delicious crow. Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Duck Hunt Dog and Villager were my five most wanted characters, which alone would've been more than enough. But I'm glad Xenoblade's getting representation, Bowser Jr. actually looks awesome and I normally hate that little guy, Ness and Jiggz are still in (as if there was ever any doubt), and Dixie potentially being in is just about everything I could've asked for out of this roster aside from Muddy Mole and a Castlevania rep. The wait to see reveal trailers is gonna be terrible, let alone the game actually releasing.

pulga

Banned
Wait, what the fuck happened? Can someone link me to the post where all hell breaks loose?

Can't believe Ridley didn't make the cut, for fucks sake Sakurai.

Stoof

The only thing that disappoints me is the apparent lack of Ice Cimbers :( I hope they get added to Wii U because I enjoyed using them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom