• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaeger

The dog and duck(s) from Duck Hunt don't do a damn thing for me. Not saying Sakurai can't make him fun, or interesting. He's clearly shown that he can turn a turd into a diamond.

However, without knowing anything else (no moves, nothing), he's an absolute ho hum inclusion from a single game I barely played that is a serious waste of development time.

IMO.

Jaeger

Geno should be an item. I mean Geno is after all the toy not the character. And as we all know from the game the toy is powerful enough to knock Mario out.

Grab Geno Doll, Doll grows to size and you gain all his powers for a second, then get transferred back to your normal self.

Kjellson

When Dr. Mario turns out to be nerfed to shit and his down special is just a white FLUDD that sprays different coloured water you supporters will regret what you said.

Hatchtag

Banned
I just realized....what would Dr. Mario's FS be?

Either a version of Mario's but with pills, or Dr. Mario going up in the top-right corner of the stage and dropping pills on everybody.
We haven't seen Lucina's final smash yet, iirc, so rather or not that's unique from Marth's will determine if Dr. Mario's and Pit's will be I think.

When Dr. Mario turns out to be nerfed to shit and his down special is just a white FLUDD that sprays different coloured water you supporters will regret what you said.
This is true haha. "Medicine machine" or something like that.

Anyway, I call Doc for avatars, since apparently nobody else did.

Doorman

I just realized....what would Dr. Mario's FS be?

My first thought would be calling on the three viruses to cause some havoc around the arena, but the idea brought up of him jumping to the corner and throwing controllable pills down would be pretty hilarious as well.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
He's a minor back ground character from a mediocre light gun game that was bundled with the NES in the US. The dog does not belong in a game of nintendo icons he's an internet joke taken too far. When actual good/iconic Nintendo characters aren't
In Smash but the DH dog is its diluting the product and lower the barrier for what we consider an iconic character. Might as well throw in the ? Block from mario as a newcomer

The dog and duck(s) from Duck Hunt don't do a damn thing for me. Not saying Sakurai can't make him fun, or interesting. He's clearly shown that he can turn a turd into a diamond.

However, without knowing anything else (no moves, nothing), he's an absolute ho hum inclusion from a single game I barely played that is a serious waste of development time.
IMO.

We are not even sure that leak is real thing or not. However, If leak is legit, then I'm not looking forward to see so much salts and hates.

giphy.gif

Pizza

Well since Pit wears white with white wings, while Dark Pit wears black with black wings, they're already very easy to distinguish. Just keep the light/dark distinction throughout all their palette swaps.

Do they have distinct voices? Haven't played KI:U yet.

Because black wings/hair, darker palette swaps, a different voice, and different weapons incorporated into the moveset would absolutely diffrentiate him from vanilla Pit

rawktapus

Because black wings/hair, darker palette swaps, a different voice, and different weapons incorporated into the moveset would absolutely diffrentiate him from vanilla Pit
Same voice actor, different personality/inflections. In the context of Uprising, he's a fairly fleshed-out character

He's got a different voice. If there's a slot for him I think that we're going to see many differences.
Edit: oh the voice is the same? The different language fooled me!

The same as Mario's. They didn't even bother to give Shiek a new one now that she's a seperate character. Why would they for a clone?
Because Sheik kept the same final smash she had before. Doc never had a final smash before.

My first thought would be calling on the three viruses to cause some havoc around the arena, but the idea brought up of him jumping to the corner and throwing controllable pills down would be pretty hilarious as well.
Ooh, a Tetris-like FS would be great!

Why no Roy if clones are back
Roy taking so many L's

Cause Roy fulfills the following things:
- His gameplay niche is already pretty well filled by a now existing character (Lucina).
- His game never came out outside of Japan, where it fucking bombed.
- Stat-wise, Roy also is the worst lord/main character of the entire series.
- He is a character from a tertiary Nintendo series that has more characters than most secondary series (e.g. DK, Metroid, Kirby, etc.), and is just 1 character short of being on par with the 3 primary series (Mario, Zelda and Pokemon).

Fire Emblem has more than enough love and representation in Smash.

Clefargle

If the whole leak is true, meaning the dlc+5 also, then I'm happy. I just can't imagine not having both Mewtwo and Snake in the same game after project M. I neeeeeeed it

Neoxon

Naw, I think fake leakers are trying to overwrite DLC leaks with characters that people really want to hear.
I guess, the DLC stuff still does have the benefit of coming from the original source. Also, didn't Sal Romano's source say DLC in Round 3, & that Lucas would be cut (at least from the base roster)?

Ryce

I'm really impressed with the amount of new content added to the game -- either the team is a lot more talented than Brawl's or the staff is a lot larger. Tingle was the only Zelda assist in Brawl, for example, but now we have Tingle and Skull Kid and Midna and Ghirahim. The game feels so fleshed out and complete, but the "leaked" stage select screen worries me. That's an indefensibly terrible assortment. You'd think a game so rich in characters, items, and other bonuses would have a better variety of stages.

So you guys jointly decided that the DLC part didn't happen?

For myself, the photos are the only reason I'm even a tiny bit willing to entertain the fact that the leak is legit (still #teamreal, by the way!) So some text snippet claiming an additional set of characters coming as DLC that came out separately from the original leak and has no photo evidence, well, I'm choosing not to believe that one.

fun fact, first 24 hours of each thread:
Thread 1-2275
Thread 2-554
Thread 3-318
Thread 4-745
Thread 5-830
Thread 6-712
Thread 7-1336
Thread 8-846
Thread 9-1032
Thread 10-3877
Thread 11-2174
Thread 12-1507
Thread 13-3621 (+140% from thread 12, -7% from thread 10)

anyway I'm guessing we're still discussing the same leak?

I'm really impressed with the amount of new content added to the game -- either the team is a lot more talented than Brawl's or the staff is a lot larger. Tingle was the only Zelda assist in Brawl, for example, but now we have Tingle and Skull Kid and Midna and Ghirahim. The game feels so fleshed out and complete, but the "leaked" stage select screen worries me. That's an indefensibly terrible assortment. You'd think a game so rich in characters, items, and other bonuses would have a better variety of stages.
Yeah, I'm fine with the leak's character selection and the known Assists and Items are beyond my wildest expectations, but the leak's stage selection is just terrible. I had a bad feeling about the stages when they announced that the two versions would have mostly different ones though. If real then it seems it was a really dumb decision.

Neoxon

For myself, the photos are the only reason I'm even a tiny bit willing to entertain the fact that the leak is legit (still #teamreal, by the way!) So some text snippet claiming an additional set of characters coming as DLC that came out separately from the original leak and has no photo evidence, well, I'm choosing not to believe that one.
So you believe that the Ice Climbers are gone for good, even though Smash Run indicates otherwise (same for the Rhythm Heaven rep, more so if that stage is a RH stage)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom