• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really impressed with the amount of new content added to the game -- either the team is a lot more talented than Brawl's or the staff is a lot larger. Tingle was the only Zelda assist in Brawl, for example, but now we have Tingle and Skull Kid and Midna and Ghirahim. The game feels so fleshed out and complete, but the "leaked" stage select screen worries me. That's an indefensibly terrible assortment. You'd think a game so rich in characters, items, and other bonuses would have a better variety of stages.

I think part of the characters and trophies is that Nintendo's being a little more forward-thinking about asset generation, especially since they're developing everything in HD now and it's a lot more work.

They're probably able to re-use or re-purpose assets from other games even more so now than ever before. The stages are one of the few areas where all the work has to be done from scratch pretty much no matter what, at least for a new stage. It makes sense they'd have bigger variety in characters, items, and trophies than in stages. It is a bummer though.

Tripon

zlCfzSWCSw0XGldE9P

zlCfzSWCSw0XGldE9P

zlCfzSWCFL0oAetDfb

zlCfzSWCEIoWwLxIis

zlCfzSWB4l0iSs0xq-

zlCfzSWB2ysk5uPxvY

zlCfzSWBtSYlX5vUpW

zlCfzSWBu-s9Bg8Fgc

zlCfzSWBoDYC7Ejbo0

zlCfzSWBlEMLWap8eU

zlCfzSWBfwE-K08ad-

zlCfzSWBY3skF9FWgd

zlCfzSWBD4kHfet6Hb

zlCfzSWA_RcbrFs_El

zlCfzSWApNUD8x8hu2

zlCfzSWAlIAFykpoy-

zlCfzSWAiWY3yj3pCU

zlCfzSWAiJMKghfi1P

zlCfzSWAUTYVsFn-6a

zlCfzSV_5rkwz1WHtr

zlCfzSV_lPMDql-hDr

zlCfzSV_koAM2XO35J

zlCfzSV_f1gN-Qduna

zlCfzSV_EjYIQV86vx

zlCfzSV-V_gDpuENdb

zlCfzSV-CbIosbPYui

zlCfzSV9s_smWdfFzk

zlCfzSV9dIo1y55I-o

zlCfzSV9buMfsWE2gK

zlCfzSV9KZkX7uK2tD

DrStiles

fun fact, first 24 hours of each thread:
Thread 1-2275
Thread 2-554
Thread 3-318
Thread 4-745
Thread 5-830
Thread 6-712
Thread 7-1336
Thread 8-846
Thread 9-1032
Thread 10-3877
Thread 11-2174
Thread 12-1507
Thread 13-3621 (+140% from thread 12, -7% from thread 10)

anyway I'm guessing we're still discussing the same leak?

Yea same leak. And as long as the Metaknight Challenger Approaching banner is up on the website there wont be another veteran revealed. Meaning we're in for this leak through an entire weekend.

solomon

Noooooooo I wake up to ghirahim as a assist trophy, man I not gunna lie the leak roster is super meh. I do hope that the smashboards mod leak is real :(

So using this picture i.e. I didn't even use decent in game screenshots, I thought, could I make a fake room for the Tomodachi stage?

nfnFFit.png

Answer, yes.

r1yvZDo.jpg

Note, I made this very roughly literally drawing part with the brush tool. And yet when shrunk and blurred and angled you can't tell. So, no, it's not impossible for someone to make a fake shot for that level select screen.

And given that we know there are multiple, randomly placed rooms in the Tomodachi stage it's not inconceivable that someone trying to fake it would pick a room we'd not seen in the stage to lend themselves some credence. I mean, it's a stretch (and they clearly could have got lucky with the Famitsu stuff), but it's not impossible.

So you believe that the Ice Climbers are gone for good, even though Smash Run indicates otherwise (same for the Rhythm Heaven rep, more so if that stage is a RH stage)?

Nah, I'm just saying I have less reason to believe the DLC leak than the photos. I've gone on record saying I hope it's true, I would hate if if Lucas was gone for good.

Maybe it won't be DLC, maybe it will. Maybe that photo doesn't show the full roster and that's why some characters seem out of place? Who knows. It's easier to refute text than photos, that's all.

However! I think all the more recent DLC character lists that have come out claiming things like Ridley and K. Rool are definitely fake.

Why am I never on this list? I've mentioned who I called like a million times. Lol.

Cloud, Lightning, and Sephiroth.

Spoilered is why you're not on the list :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I guess, the DLC stuff still does have the benefit of coming from the original source. Also, didn't Sal Romano's source say DLC in Round 3, & that Lucas would be cut (at least from the base roster)?

First Leaker of CSS leak mentioned that Snake, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas and Chorus Kid were rumored to be DLC characters, so I'm not sure about it yet. Also Gemtasu's third leak and fourth leak were very shaky since it is 50/50 guesses.

Like I said, I don't believe this leak because it's too good to be true for my case. I meant Duck Hunt Dog? Dark Pit? and Doctor Mario? It's fake, definitely.

I'm really impressed with the amount of new content added to the game -- either the team is a lot more talented than Brawl's or the staff is a lot larger. Tingle was the only Zelda assist in Brawl, for example, but now we have Tingle and Skull Kid and Midna and Ghirahim. The game feels so fleshed out and complete, but the "leaked" stage select screen worries me. That's an indefensibly terrible assortment. You'd think a game so rich in characters, items, and other bonuses would have a better variety of stages.

Yeah, I would like to believe that Namco-Bandai Team are bigger and more talented than Brawl's team. Also it really help that they are not doing SSE this time. I wonder if there is a second page for stage selection, since Brawl had that too.

Caladrius

Indeed. It's probably both a much larger team and having more coders with fighting game experience from a major company on hand.

The stage selection is disappointing in terms of franchise distribution. I'm withholding full judgment until we get to see all the stages in action. Quality>Quantity, if Brawl was anything to judge by.

Okrag

Yea same leak. And as long as the Metaknight Challenger Approaching banner is up on the website there wont be another veteran revealed. Meaning we're in for this leak through an entire weekend.

I feel like you guys expect way too much consistency out of Sakurai.

-Horizon-

fun fact, first 24 hours of each thread:
Thread 1-2275
Thread 2-554
Thread 3-318
Thread 4-745
Thread 5-830
Thread 6-712
Thread 7-1336
Thread 8-846
Thread 9-1032
Thread 10-3877
Thread 11-2174
Thread 12-1507
Thread 13-3621 (+140% from thread 12, -7% from thread 10)

anyway I'm guessing we're still discussing the same leak?
Wow, just behind thread 10. That was the thread that had the Robin/Lucina/Falcon hype right? I can believe a "leak" is actually close to the real thing lol.

What else could he shoot at people? Lol.

Blood blaster, Plasma dispenser, Bile cannon. They're all gross haha.
Ewwww indeed D:

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Apparently we will.

Noooooooo I wake up to ghirahim as a assist trophy, man I not gunna lie the leak roster is super meh. I do hope that the smashboards mod leak is real :(

What mod leak?

Did anything ever come of that whole "assist trophies will play an important role in a singleplayer mode" thing? Where did that even come from? Are we still waiting on the Wii U version to reveal they're useful in a new mode or something?

Ryce

There isn't even a Wii Fit stage in the leak. The Wii U fitness studio stage is fairly small and is just as scalable as the boxing ring and Wily Castle. I know R.O.B. didn't have a stage in Brawl, but the Mario Bros. stage worked well enough aesthetically for All-Star mode. There's a perfectly good Wii Fit stage in the other version that should have been ported over. I don't get it.

GamerSoul

From the beginning, I've felt Namco Bandai was probably one of the best companies Sakurai could have worked with. They have a lot of experience developing fighting games/move-sets/ etc. And the whole move customization concept is very similar to how the Tales of games handle their move-list system. I hope they continue to work out a deal for DLC or something.

Yea, so far the WiiU has a lot of amazing stages but the 3DS..ehh.

Psh, it could happen.
I'd love to see some Theatrhythm representation.

Ha, sorry, you're right, it could happen.

But it won't.

I think we'd be more likely to get a straight up Kingdom Hearts rep, or even a The World Ends With You rep than Final Fantasy characters, mostly just because DDD wast the most recent KH release on a Nintendo system and doesn't feature any FF characters...

I'm more
#TeamNeverCutAnyoneFromSmashEver

Can I join up? Even though I never used Pichu or Mewtwo or anything like that... I know people who love them and it seems like a shame to cut characters, at least keep them in un-changed, right?

And now Lucas might get cut, so it's personal :(

EDIT * Ooooh, double post... I'm a bad person.

The Lamp

The dog and duck(s) from Duck Hunt don't do a damn thing for me. Not saying Sakurai can't make him fun, or interesting. He's clearly shown that he can turn a turd into a diamond.

However, without knowing anything else (no moves, nothing), he's an absolute ho hum inclusion from a single game I barely played that is a serious waste of development time.

IMO.

Can't be a worse waste of time than ROB, who was a piece of shit toy that no one cares about.

There isn't even a Wii Fit stage in the leak. The Wii U fitness studio stage is fairly small and is just as scalable as the boxing ring and Wily Castle. I know R.O.B. didn't have a stage in Brawl, but the Mario Bros. stage worked well enough aesthetically for All-Star mode. There's a perfectly good Wii Fit stage in the other version that should have been ported over. I don't get it.
There's never been a WiiFit on a handheld though, right? The mirrors might have been too much to handle too.

IMO, Dark Pit is a really, really bad choice of character, especially if he is a clone. I don't really mind clones, considering they are at least visually interesting and different from the characters they are clones of. Toon Link, Lucina, Dr. Mario, are all cool in my book. Dark Pit, on the other hand, is basically a recolor of Pit. I seriously hope he's not a complete clone with different properties (like Lucina), because if he is, he might as well be one of the worst additions to Smash Bros. ever.

Excluding him, I would be ok if the leak was real, even though neither Isaac or Ridley are in. Though one of the problems with this roster, like Brawl, is the lack of interesting surprises.

And given that we know there are multiple, randomly placed rooms in the Tomodachi stage it's not inconceivable that someone trying to fake it would pick a room we'd not seen in the stage to lend themselves some credence. I mean, it's a stretch (and they clearly could have got lucky with the Famitsu stuff), but it's not impossible.
However did we know that that tomodachi stage was similar to Luigi's Mansion? The leak shows one room but you can see the other rooms connecting like the Famitsu leak.

IMO, Dark Pit is a really, really bad choice of character, especially if he is a clone. I don't really mind clones, considering they are at least visually interesting and different from the characters they are clones of. Toon Link, Lucina, Dr. Mario, are all cool in my book. Dark Pit, on the other hand, is basically a recolor of Pit. I seriously hope he's not a complete clone with different properties (like Lucina), because if he is, he might as well be one of the worst additions to Smash Bros. ever.

Excluding him, I would be ok if the leak was real, even though neither Isaac or Ridley are in. Though one of the problems with this roster, like Brawl, is the lack of interesting surprises.

What?

Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Little Mac, Separated transformation characters, Lucina, Villager, Palutena, Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, and you're saying there are no surprises in the roster??

Not to mention Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., and all the other potential madness suggested by the leaks.

Dude, what would surprise you, honestly?

What?

Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Little Mac, Separated transformation characters, Lucina, Villager, Palutena, Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, and you're saying there are no surprises in the roster??

Not to mention Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., and all the other potential madness suggested by the leaks.

I guess he doesn't consider it interesting?

What?

If someone's not surprised by Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt Dog I don't think they'll be surprised by anything.

Unless we're talking Goku here.

Goku would be surprising.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Like I said, there might be second page of stages like brawl. Only if it's real but I doubt it.

Ryce

There's never been a WiiFit on a handheld though, right? The mirrors might have been too much to handle too.
There's never been a handheld Punch-Out!!, Xenoblade, or Pikmin either, so that doesn't explain it.

Like I said, there might be second page of stages like brawl. Only if it's real but I doubt.
If there was a second page then I doubt the third-party stages would be on the first page.

If someone's not surprised by Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt Dog I don't think they'll be surprised by anything.

Unless we're talking Goku here.

Goku would be surprising.

Non video game characters will never be in smash... right?

Right?...

I guess he doesn't consider it interesting?

Yeah, yeah, personal preference and all that, but still. A cartoon dog whose only action in the past 30 years has been to make fun of you suddenly becoming a playable character in Smash is pretty interesting to me.

From the beginning, I've felt Namco Bandai was probably one of the best companies Sakurai could have worked with. They have a lot of experience developing fighting games/move-sets/ etc. And the whole move customization concept is very similar to how the Tales of games handle their move-list system. I hope they continue to work out a deal for DLC or something.

Yea, so far the WiiU has a lot of amazing stages but the 3DS..ehh.

Tales of VS was kind of a Smash Bros game, although not nearly as polished

Pretty much how I feel. Everything else looks super polished except for that, so it worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom