• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So using this picture i.e. I didn't even use decent in game screenshots, I thought, could I make a fake room for the Tomodachi stage?

nfnFFit.png

Answer, yes.

r1yvZDo.jpg

Note, I made this very roughly literally drawing part with the brush tool. And yet when shrunk and blurred and angled you can't tell. So, no, it's not impossible for someone to make a fake shot for that level select screen.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I felt that way about Brawl for the most part. I like what we know about this roster so far. I think the biggest disappointment would be Dr. Mario of all cut veterans making a comeback.

I really hope that DLC leak is real since how fast hey dismiss it so quickly made me scratching my head without any further explanation. I saw original leaker kept saying that its' real awhile other people said that it's not. Apparently there are a huge group that want to trolling the fan bases which isn't surprised.

Good luck to those leakers because their names are known to some fans now.

Dr. Mario & Dark Pit are like -500% fun each.
"Mario has fucking FLUDD again, seriously Sakurai? When are we going to get the tornado back?"

"His customizable down specials don't include the tornado? Seriously Sakurai? Missed opportunity there."

"There are legit alt costumes this time around? Sweatshirt Little Mac looks great! Here's hoping for a Dr Mario alt costume like in Project M!"

"Kinda disappointed that Lucina is a clone, but it's still great to see her! I just wish she had at least one different special move or something."

*Dr. Mario gets his own slot, presumably has the tornado*

"-500% fun"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So using this picture i.e. I didn't even use decent in game screenshots, I thought, could I make a fake room for the Tomodachi stage?

nfnFFit.png

Answer, yes.

r1yvZDo.jpg

Note, I made this very roughly literally drawing part with the brush tool. And yet when shrunk and blurred and angled you can't tell. So, no, it's not impossible for someone to make a fake shot for that level select screen.

I think the main issue is the fact it's the same room as in the Famitsu Magazine which wasn't known at the time.

The only thing that bugs me if Lucina, Dark Pit and Doc are all playable is why Sakurai would not include Dark Samus, who is much more distinct than any of those three on paper; and cut Lucas. Seems really strange.

Time to make it official. Fill out the GAF Survey, are you #teamReal or #teamFake

Quote to reveal the link.

Results:
[email="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F9w6aTz1tAqr6dXBUE6eg-IHC0GSVfXPE_yPIFkuWF0/pubhtml][/email]

nfnFFit.png

Answer, yes.

r1yvZDo.jpg

Nobody is debating this. Everyone knows it's possible to fake everything in these screenshots.

What we're saying is the room in the leak is the same as a room revealed the day after the leak.

So either the leaker got lucky, had access to Famitsu before anyone else, or it's legit.

Jaeger

I pretty much believed that anyone shown in the trailer/videos would show up in some form in-game. Playable, or not. So that means that I figured Dark Pit would be in, but I concluded as a costume, until Lucina came into play.

"Mario has fucking FLUDD again, seriously Sakurai? When are we going to get the tornado back?"

"His customizable down specials don't include the tornado? Seriously Sakurai? Missed opportunity there."

"There are legit alt costumes this time around? Sweatshirt Little Mac looks great! Here's hoping for a Dr Mario alt costume like in Project M!"

"Kinda disappointed that Lucina is a clone, but it's still great to see her! I just wish she had at least one different special move or something."

*Dr. Mario gets his own slot, presumably has the tornado*

"-500% fun"

Am I being added to a list of terrible comments?

I'll only forgive Doc Mario on the roster if he has down b as tornado, I'd still be upset that he's in (and duck hunt dog is freaking awful)

Pizza

Dr. Mario & Dark Pit are like -500% fun each.

But Dr Mario is my favorite :(

I do recognize that there are much better vets (ice climbers) or newcomers (Ridley) that could take his slot: he would be a relatively easy character to make.

Dr Mario was my "it'd never happen but boy would I be happy if it did" character, so I'm pretty hype about it.

I also like clones a lot, personally, so the leaked roster is rad as heckler as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I'm more than willing to buy dlc for the game, but I hope the dlc is more than just cut vets and the newcomers I was excited the least about

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm glad there is more Dark Pit supporter here. I was afraid that I might be only one. :\

Dark Pit is a fun character. I'm concerned about player identification stuff with alt costumes between him and Pit, but I'm sure Sakurai's got that handled.

I just hope he uses some cool items from Uprising.

I guess I'd be more cool with Doc Mario if this game had more clones as opposed to the 3 we're allegedly getting. When you look at Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doc Mario the doc sticks out by not being anywhere near as popular or relevant as the other two, and actually just being Mario in a different outfit as opposed to unique characters who just happen to in story play the same as another character.

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm glad there is more Dark Pit supporter here. I was afraid that I might be only one. :\

I'm definitely a Dark Pit supporter, and a Dr. Mario supporter. I think clones add a lot to the game for not so much effort.

I still think Roy will get in, too. He'd be the easiest damn clone to bring back outside of Dr. Mario.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nobody is debating this. Everyone knows it's possible to fake everything in these screenshots.
People were actually. They were saying you never get rooms at the right angle to use so I've used an image at an extreme angle and still made it usable.

Also that Famitsu scan is a non-issue. It's a complete coincidence. If it was an original room design that didn't exist before then you'd have a case but the truth is they picked a random room like me and it just happened to appear in a later screenshot.

Say if the Famitsu scan didn't have that room, what would your stance be then?

Berordn

I'm glad there is more Dark Pit supporter here. I was afraid that I might be only one. :

I'm not super thrilled by Dark Pit (because I think little of him as a character and he's a palette swap "dark side" at his core no matter how that arc of the story played out) but knowing that he's a character they could add very easily and could easily differentiate him by giving him some of Pit's old moveset from Brawl makes me at least neutral to the idea.

I like him more than Shulk at least. Because Shulk is ugly.

I'd be more in support of Dark Pit if it was actually going to be unique character with unique weapons.

But if this leak is true, then judging by his placement next to Dr. Mario and Lucina it wouldn't be so much of a stretch to assume that he's going to be a no-effort clone with nothing to differentiate him from Pit than some voice lines and a tweaked stat. I feel like Dark Pit needs a bit more effort to be made unique, if only because he is visually nothing more than a palette swap.

I guess I'd be more cool with Doc Mario if this game had more clones as opposed to the 3 we're allegedly getting. When you look at Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doc Mario the doc sticks out by not being anywhere near as popular or relevant as the other two, and actually just being Mario in a different outfit as opposed to unique characters who just happen to in story play the same as another character.

Falco's a clone too. As are Luigi, Toon Link, and (theoretically, if not changed) Ganondorf.

That's like 7. Unless you mean just new clones specifically? In which case yeah, some other new ones would have been nice if they decided to go that route.

Toxi

Banned
The only thing that bugs me if Lucina, Dark Pit and Doc are all playable is why Sakurai would not include Dark Samus, who is much more distinct than any of those three on paper; and cut Lucas. Seems really strange.
Arguably the issue is Dark Samus is too distinct; she really needs her own moveset. She never uses Morph Ball Bombs or the Grapple Beam in her fights, her beam shots are either sweeping lasers or pellet sprays, and she can't even use the Screw Attack because it wasn't included in the Phazon Suit when she absorbed it. The assist trophy gives you an idea of how unique her movements and attacks are.

And a new move-set requires a lot more effort than a clone.

What have Dog done to you? I guess he laughed, right?

He's a minor back ground character from a mediocre light gun game that was bundled with the NES in the US. The dog does not belong in a game of nintendo icons he's an internet joke taken too far. When actual good/iconic Nintendo characters aren't
In Smash but the DH dog is its diluting the product and lower the barrier for what we consider an iconic character. Might as well throw in the ? Block from mario as a newcomer

munchie64

People were actually. They were saying you never get rooms at the right angle to use so I've used an image at an extreme angle and still made it usable.

Also that Famitsu scan is a non-issue. It's a complete coincidence. If it was an original room design that didn't exist before then you'd have a case but the truth is they picked a random room like me and it just happened to appear in a later screenshot.

Say if the Famitsu scan didn't have that room, what would your stance be then?
The fact that it could be a coincidence doesn't really say much.

I'm not super thrilled by Dark Pit (because I think little of him as a character and he's a palette swap "dark side" at his core no matter how that arc of the story played out) but knowing that he's a character they could add very easily and could easily differentiate him by giving him some of Pit's old moveset from Brawl makes me at least neutral to the idea.

I like him more than Shulk at least. Because Shulk is ugly.

Well, I know who isn't getting a Christmas card this year.

Kouichi

Dark Pit is a fun character. I'm concerned about player identification stuff with alt costumes between him and Pit, but I'm sure Sakurai's got that handled.

Well since Pit wears white with white wings, while Dark Pit wears black with black wings, they're already very easy to distinguish. Just keep the light/dark distinction throughout all their palette swaps.

He's a minor back ground character from a mediocre light gun game that was bundled with the NES in the US. The dog does not belong in a game of nintendo icons he's an internet joke taken too far. When actual good/iconic Nintendo characters aren't
In Smash but the DH dog is its diluting the product and lower the barrier for what we consider an iconic character. Might as well throw in the ? Block from mario as a newcomer

Duck Hunt Dog is every bit as iconic as someone like ROB, both of them were just as important as Mario was in establishing the NES at it's original launch.

ROB and the Zapper got the NES into toy stores at a time when everyone was convinced the video game "fad" had ended with the death of the Atari systems. Duck Hunt Dog is a true patriot and a hero.

Well since Pit wears white with white wings, while Dark Pit wears black with black wings, they're already very easy to distinguish. Just keep the light/dark distinction throughout all their palette swaps.

Yeah, keeping the white wings/black wings through all their outfits would probably be enough to make them distinct. Personally I'm hoping Dark Pit has different idle, running, and jumping animations just to make him stick out a bit more.

Arguably the issue is Dark Samus is too distinct; she really needs her own moveset. She never uses Morph Ball Bombs or the Grapple Beam in her fights, her beam shots are either sweeping lasers or pellet sprays, and she can't even use the Screw Attack because it wasn't included in the Phazon Suit when she absorbed it. The assist trophy gives you an idea of how unique her movements and attacks are.

And a new move-set requires a lot more effort than a clone.
This hurts every time I think about it. Dark Samus would be such a fantastic inclusion, but at least Sakurai knows it. That Assist Trophy is exactly how I'd want her to play as a character. Maybe in the next game...

Duck Hunt Dog is every bit as iconic as someone like ROB, both of them were just as important as Mario was in establishing the NES at it's original launch.

ROB and the Zapper got the NES into toy stores at a time when everyone was convinced the video game "fad" had ended with the death of the Atari systems. Duck Hunt Dog is a true patriot and a hero.

:)

GamerJM

Banned
I'm sort of neutral on Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. As clone characters to round out the roster I like them I suppose but I don't really like them in any other sense. I do want Mario's down B back so I like Doc for that reason but at the same time taking him out of Brawl made a lot of sense (as does him being a Mario alt in Project M). I really didn't find Dark Pit's dialogue to be entertaining at all in KIU compared to just about everyone else's and I honestly don't think he's a very interesting character, but he does have a lot of moveset potential and I think he's a good pick as a clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom