• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Tooi

Neo Member
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

It means they go into that magnifying glass (the point that is really close to the blastzones, when you're off-screen but not KO'd yet) more often because of how large the blastzones are.

Welcome! You're like literally joining in the discussions at the right time!

also "bubble status" is when your character is off screen that it shows a little "bubble" where they are out of the blast zone. Plus they get 1% damage per second.

Ohhhhh I see, so it means KO's are going to happen at even higher %s now. (From what I've gathered)

But hey, the rest of the impressions today sounds awesome! Smash 4 is the first one I'll really be into from the get go, so all this pre-build up that's happening now is really special and of course, I'll be looking forward to seeing how all the characters play for myself once it's out.

Berordn

Remove White and Purple pikmin, add Rock Pikmin which are just Purple Pikmin with a few stat changes and tweak a few other random stats and Alph would be pretty cool.

But really, Pikmin can't have a rep in Smash that isn't a clone. Olimar's move set is basically perfect for representing Pikmin.

Playable Titan Dweevil or bust.

Apparently this picture is a starting roster of stages.

8L5gTLH.png
Interestingly, some of the stages have been rearranged from the leak and some of them have different icons.

AgTerZX.jpg

georly

Correct me if i'm wrong, but tonight is the last night for demo footage before launch. Hopefully we get new info and pictures.

Bm0Pe0l.png

Interestingly, some of the stages have been rearranged from the leak and some of them have different icons.

AgTerZX.jpg

Either stuff reorganizes for absolutely no reason, or that's proof that the ESRB footage leak was still not final.

Anything that means it's possible there are still more characters to unlock ;_; I need ice climbers.

SuperSah

Banned
Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder if it's an evidence that CCS and RCS are still work in process during ESRB video, so we might get updated version.

Good call, but I'm doubting it.

Yeah but you could change them to smashes in brawl. Eh not sure if 3ds controller customization exists now that I think about it...

Nah, there has to be a button remap option for sure.

No way Sakurai won't let us remap the shoulder and face buttons. Remember, you can normally turn off "tap to jump" too.

Roo

Just saw CPP disconfirmed...

WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO?!

That's ridiculous and unfair on all levels. Now people will have hardware advantages too?

Oh fuck off Nintendo, you cheeky shits. You should have told us this day one so people don't go out and buy a fucking obselete piece of shit to play their damn games.

Truly bummed out by this. Sure, + and A is more satisfying and more "tactical" but that's a massive middle finger to those with a CPP. Is this a Sakurai doing or a Nintendo doing? BS.

Wait what? Need a link for this D:

That might have been from one of te fake 4chan posts.

Yea, one said Purple Yoshi as well which wasn't on the doc either. Making me wonder if White is the other color, as Black/Purple doesn't work as well as Black/White would.

No Shiny Charizard or Lucario... what the heck? The most obvious alt colors in the series next to Fire Mario...

Alt costumes are like my favorite thing ever, so hearing about them has me all excited.

With Little Mac having 16 colors, I'm not too concerned about Wario having deep cuts to his colors.

Also weird Olimar didn't get 16, with 8 Olimar, 8 Alph so he didn't have to lose so many options (like the dark helmet)

It could also be that the icons change as they shrink to fit more unlockable stages. Hard to tell just yet.

At least in the case of Tortimer Island, though, why would the icon add detail as it gets smaller? Sah's right, the leak icon has bushes but the demo one doesn't. It's probably just a change that was made later on for aesthetic reasons.

Alt costumes are like my favorite thing ever, so hearing about them has me all excited.

With Little Mac having 16 colors, I'm not too concerned about Wario having deep cuts to his colors.

Also weird Olimar didn't get 16, with 8 Olimar, 8 Alph so he didn't have to lose so many options (like the dark helmet)
Yeah, it's crazy how many alts we're getting. It's funny looking back on the SS Link "alt" anger; if only we had known what was waiting for us...

Some notes on the stage select screen:

-Some of the stages have been reorganized on the final one.
--Rainbow Road and Paper Mario have flipped around.
--Brinstar and Yoshi's Island are flipped around.
--Corneria and the Pokemon stages are flipped around.
--Tortimer Island is now after Reset Bomb Forest and Distant Planet instead of before.
--Gaur Plain was shifted way ahead in the order to after Boxing Ring instead of right before the third party stages.
--Find Mii is now listed before Tomodachi Life instead of after Pictochat 2.
--Wily Castle and Green Hill Zone are flipped around.
So a lot of really minor movings around that probably have nothing to do with unlocks and just to do with aesthetics.

-Balloon Fight, Kirby GameBoy, and Pac-Maze are all unlockable despite being officially revealed.
-Despite Captain Falcon, Pac-Man, and all three Kirby characters being on the starting roster, all of their respective stages are unlockable. Makes me curious if you even fight them in single player mode before unlocking their stages.
-And in spite of the above, all five Mario stages are starting stages. What.

Berordn

At least in the case of Tortimer Island, though, why would the icon add detail as it gets smaller? Sah's right, the leak icon has bushes but the demo one doesn't. It's probably just a change that was made later on for aesthetic reasons.

My guess would be that they're completely different pictures. Which is not a big deal, in either case. I just think it's a little weird, but some of those icons were kind of out there on the leak's select screen.

Azure J

Something that just came to mind, Robin is going to be the ultimate teams character when people get good at catching his tossed Levin Sword.

Yeah, it's crazy how many alts we're getting. It's funny looking back on the SS Link "alt" anger; if only we had known what was waiting for us...

The thought that we can have Dark Samus vs Alph vs Ludwig Koopa with only alt costumes is super cool.

Dark Samus alt is probably my favorite. It's just so perfect and unexpected. I thought there would be concerns over readibility with the Assist Trophy in play, but I guess they decided it was better to have the costume than the niche situation where both are in use at the same time.

So have we heard how Miis work in Multi-Man? Does it pull Miis from your system?

Almost certainly. It pulls the Miis for the stages that use Miis.

Top Bottom