• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT| True Potential of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
Big GOTY contender coming!

I just freaking CAN'T WAIT! >_<

I'll be playing it all week-end long, non-stop!

guys, HD Koopalings you can control and fight with

Better than that, glorious 1080p EVERYTHING

izGyZcm43BVt4.gif

I put mains on the google doc even though I havent played SSB3DS much. I don't own it, i only played a bit to see if it works, then saved myself for the final freiza form.

Clefargle

Once again, I am:

Locked in
Pre-loaded
Irravorgated
Hyped up
Reggified in the body region
On the ball
Off the chain
Standing by
T-4 hours

Majukun

still need to cope with the fact that the ice climbers are not in the game :(

at least i have plenty of new interesting characters to choose from..for people who already have played the 3ds version...how balanced is the game?how good are bowser jr. and duck hunt dog?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So does this mean you are considering picking this back up, Chaos? :p

I was never not picking it up. It's a sign that they are listening to complaints though (vectoring hurt combos a lot and made people live to way-too-high percents), so hopefully we can see some other minor changes that will go a long way in making the game more interesting.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
still need to cope with the fact that the ice climbers are not in the game :(

at least i have plenty of new interesting characters to choose from..for people who already have played the 3ds version...how balanced is the game?how good are bowser jr. and duck hunt dog?

Well, we just had a balance patch. It's hard to tell if it would be well balanced or not. So far, the characters seem to be good on their own since it's too early to judge the characters right now.

Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt ARE SO GOOD! I main Duck Hunt and I think he have good potential to go far against specific characters.

Timeaisis

I was never not picking it up. It's a sign that they are listening to complaints though (vectoring hurt combos a lot and made people live to way-too-high percents), so hopefully we can see some other minor changes that will go a long way in making the game more interesting.

Was just kidding, but yeah. Good to hear.

Blues1990

I'm currently playing Super Mario 3D World & Pushmo World to pass the time. Quite honestly, I can't wait to pick up my copy at 9:00 PM tonight.

tumblr_mu11pf4yHV1qlonyso1_400.gif

alisa.gif

tumblr_n5uerchJPc1rf1uh4o1_500.gif

ghibli99

Pretty darn excited for this! It's my first Smash Bros. game that I intend on really learning. I've bought most of them, but didn't get more than a few matches in before getting distracted with something else.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

ALM5252

Oh, I think you forgot a character in the OT. Ice Climbers aren't there.

Everytime I see your avatar, it doesn't even cross my mind that the Ice Climbers were cut because it looks like how they would appear in the 3DS version. Kinda weird and sad at the same time.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
is Town and City a "big" version of Smashville for 8 players or what?

Looks like Smashville but it switches between platform arrangements throughout the matches. Not sure how many different arrangements there are, I saw three including the no platforms segments where it's changing.

espher

So which amiibo are most worth it (from a Smash AI buddy perspective) for double-dipping if I want to keep a set in the packaging?

Link is the obvious one for his overall amiibo value atm, but which characters seem to do okay when AI driven (at least insofar as Smash 3DS is concerned)? :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Might not like Classic Mode this time...

In 3DS, you could play on high difficulties to reap rewards, but skip out on Crazy and Master Core at the end, and just go with normal Master Hand. Saved a lot of time and frustration.

Guess you can't do that with how CM on Wii U is set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom