• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Jaeger

I know that; I just know that she/he will be perceived as a clone due to, you know, "Dark" Samus. And just because they can make Dark Samus completely different doesn't mean they would.

Also, SAX would be a fun addition, especially if it transforms into the monster version as a final smash instead of Zero Suit. But similar to Dark Samus, it would be viewed as a clone even if it played differently.

See: Lucario.

So let me get this straight. No to Dark Samus, who historically does nothing like Samus. But yes to SA-X, who is literally all of Samus moves, and the only time the character would be any different, is during the incredibly brief Final Smash?

That doesn't make a lick of sense.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
People, please listen to moderator. If fake rumors isn't allowed here then DON'T POST HERE AT ALL.

EmGee, I have a question for you since you haven't answer my question. What are we doing to do if we found few possible legit rumors?

Edited: Are you aware of the fact that Chaoszero is one that leaked Super Smash Bros Brawl roster and items?

DaBoss

I know that; I just know that she/he will be perceived as a clone due to, you know, "Dark" Samus. And just because they can make Dark Samus completely different doesn't mean they would.

Also, SAX would be a fun addition, especially if it transforms into the monster version as a final smash instead of Zero Suit. But similar to Dark Samus, it would be viewed as a clone even if it played differently.

See: Lucario.
It wouldn't have to be a clone of course, but I see it being a lot like Wolf/Fox. If it ended up like that it wouldn't be terrible, but kind of bland in my opinion.

Either way, Dark Samus just doesn't have the same history as Ridley.

He's a completely different style from Samus, and has been there from the very beginning. I think that warrants a spot.
Ohhhhh, I see.

To be frank, I don't care about those silly perceptions that people have if the character can have a cool moveset and feel different. Lucario is clearly not a clone at all. Wolf is not a clone either.

I would love to have Ridley more than anything, but he hasn't been in the past 2 games which were the games he would have been included if he were to be chosen as a playable character. Dark Samus would be my next pick.

EDIT: I just realized you just suggested SA-X which does the same things Samus does and looks exactly how Samus looks except the face in the helmet which we would never see in gameplay scenarios. That is really silly to suggest over Dark Samus.
People, please listen to moderator. If fake rumors isn't allowed here then DON'T POST HERE AT ALL.

EmGee, I have a question for you since you haven't answer my question. What are we doing to do if we found few possible legit rumors?

Edited: Are you aware of the fact that Chaoszero is one that leaked Super Smash Bros Brawl roster and items?
Well the problem with soviet prince's post is that I thought he was talking about a rumor saying some character called "Chaos Zero" is going to be in the game. I don't know who this chaos zero is or what he did.

Maybe you can ask Emcee or another mod if the leak looks legitimate if it can be posted.

Reading about the (debunked) rumor of Adam from Other M being playable, I think I like the idea of Samus's ship being playable. Obviously, it's a bit wonky in that it would have to be controlled by an AI, but it would certainly be unique and strange and a curveball.

And really, besides (the too big) Ridley, and (the way too big) Kraid (and the stupid characters from Other M), who else from Metroid could be a playable character? Mother Brain? I don't think that would work. Maybe the baby Metroid from Super? Just as strange as Samus's ship with the same problem (flight), but with less actual moves.

Metroid just has problems when it comes to a second playable character that other franchises don't. And no, Dark Samus would be a clone and therefore terrible.

Rundas, IMO, would be a great second representative to Metroid Besides Ridley. He has basically everything a distinctive design and an ice moveset which no other characters (besides, marginally, the ice climbers) have and that could lead to some very cool moves.

Shame he has very small chances of getting in...well, at least I hope his song gets in!

I would love to have Ridley more than anything, but he hasn't been in the past 2 games which were the games he would have been included if he were to be chosen as a playable character. Dark Samus would be my next pick.

Huh? The last two Metroid games were Other M, and Corruption, both of which have Ridley in prominent boss roles

EDIT: Oh, you're talking about the Smash games right? I'll shut up then

DaBoss

Huh? The last two Metroid games were Other M, and Corruption, both of which have Ridley in prominent boss roles

EDIT: Oh, you're talking about the Smash games right? I'll shut up then
Yea, was talking about Smash. Not your fault lol, I wasn't clear. Sorry about that.

Ohhhhh, I see.

To be frank, I don't care about those silly perceptions that people have if the character can have a cool moveset and feel different. Lucario is clearly not a clone at all. Wolf is not a clone either.

EDIT: I just realized you just suggested SA-X which does the same things Samus does and looks exactly how Samus looks except the face in the helmet which we would never see in gameplay scenarios. That is really silly to suggest over Dark Samus.

Well the problem with soviet prince's post is that I thought he was talking about a rumor saying some character called "Chaos Zero" is going to be in the game. I don't know who this chaos zero is or what he did.

Maybe you can ask Emcee or another mod if the leak looks legitimate if it can be posted.

my post seemed to be clear to me

I'm not establishing an ironclad official rule about rumors. I'm aware of the legit Brawl rumor on GameFAQs back when. I'm just advising people to not post every "lol this is obv fake but here you go" rumor they find, especially if it's just going to kick up pages of discussion about a fake rumor that would probably confuse anybody popping in here.

If it's really terribly, awfully fake to the point of hilarity, then sure, we might get laughs from it. And there might be a legit leak, though God knows nobody would be able to tell, most likely.

I'm not fundamentally opposed to rumors per se so much as meaningless off topic ramblings about the daily "i werks wif sakeray and ripley iz a playable assist stage hazard, geno and goku are in" rumors. That, and the intermittent, "Well, I think Nintendo will probably have a Direct next week because of reasons, let's talk about random non-Smash games that might appear" tangents that pop up every couple weeks.

I'm not going to ban anybody unless they're absolutely atrocious about this and even then they'll be warned first, I just want this thread to be halfway presentable at times.

Kyzon

Dark Samus can use her Hyper Abilities, and that alone would set her apart from Samus.

Dark's charge beam in my mind would be like a charged up version of R.O.B.'s laser.
She can use boost ball instead of dropping bombs.
Her Side B can have her tossing out clones like Noob Saibot.

Maybe her Up B can activate a float or something where she flies around.

Then she can use Aurora for her final smash.

Platy

Since the talk of uncloning clones .... would be awesome if Link had the Fiercy Deity Final Smash and Toon had something closer to brawl's but with ending in a headshot, of course

Also, if anyone can PM me the link for the "leak", I would apreciate =3

Kyzon

I think it would be cool if they used that "Angel of Death" form she uses when absorbing the friendly bounty hunters. The aurora would be interesting too though.

I wouldn't mind that either. Her hitting everyone with Phazon and it corrupts the other players for a few seconds. Maybe making their attacks really weak and multiplying all knockback done to them.

I'm not establishing an ironclad official rule about rumors. I'm aware of the legit Brawl rumor on GameFAQs back when. I'm just advising people to not post every "lol this is obv fake but here you go" rumor they find, especially if it's just going to kick up pages of discussion about a fake rumor that would probably confuse anybody popping in here.

If it's really terribly, awfully fake to the point of hilarity, then sure, we might get laughs from it. And there might be a legit leak, though God knows nobody would be able to tell, most likely.

I'm not fundamentally opposed to rumors per se so much as meaningless off topic ramblings about the daily "i werks wif sakeray and ripley iz a playable assist stage hazard, geno and goku are in" rumors. That, and the intermittent, "Well, I think Nintendo will probably have a Direct next week because of reasons, let's talk about random non-Smash games that might appear" tangents that pop up every couple weeks.

I'm not going to ban anybody unless they're absolutely atrocious about this and even then they'll be warned first, I just want this thread to be halfway presentable at times.
Would some rumors be okay to be discussed if they've been accurate about certain reveals? Ashley being an Assist Trophy lead the Translator Leak to be more believable for example. If something else from it is revealed, would we be allowed to talk about it?

Gartooth

Has anyone discussed this location in the original trailer after Monday's picture?

Unknown_stage3ds.png

Perhaps this area is also from the game's single player rather than a stage itself.

Would some rumors be okay to be discussed if they've been accurate about certain reveals? Ashley being an Assist Trophy lead the Translator Leak to be more believable for example. If something else from it is revealed, would we be allowed to talk about it?

If you feel that there's sufficient evidence to make it plausible or believable, go ahead.

You know, thinking about it, they could just make a Metroid a character. I've seen in mentioned every once in a while, and didn't think much of it, but it could work. It would certainly be unique.

Still the best option is Ridley.

Edit: Actually, a Chozo statue could be really badass.

The Super-era "wrath, unfettered and raw" Chozo Ghosts could make for a pretty cool Assist Trophy, imo.

Has anyone discussed this location in the original trailer after Monday's picture?

Unknown_stage3ds.png

Perhaps this area is also from the game's single player rather than a stage itself.

What do you guys think that glyph symbolizes? Given the whole "meshed universe" thing, I have to wonder if single-player will have some subtle combinations of the main Nintendo universes. This is a stretch, but the mosaic in particular reminds me of the winged accents of the fully-detailed Triforce insignia mixed with a really rough profile of Gorea, from Metroid Prime: Hunters. Quadraxis, even.

-Horizon-

I think the main pokemon series will be the only Nintendo games to get worldwide releases from this point on.
I just don't see Smash getting the same treatment if not even Mario got it.

-Horizon-

Do you mean the statues? Chozo ghosts were only in Prime I think.

They scared the shit out of me. Sometimes, you can catch a glimpse of one darting away in certain hallways.

Metroid prime so good.

I didn't expect it to happen the first time I played MP. Got to a room, lights suddenly went dim and the room got dark. Boom "What in the world is that?!" shoots regular beam, no effect, "uh oh"

The implication of K rool being anywhere near the pecking order at this point

Ignoring Funky Kong got into mario kart and dixie didn't .

Stop trying to make Krool happen.

Its not. Just.. just stop.

Trust me the list isn't that close as it appears, it's more like

DK > Diddy >>>>> Dixie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> K Rool

I really doubt we'll see K Rool ever in Smash Bros

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
King K. Rool has been a popular request for some time now, and I believe he has even shown up on Sakurai's polls multiple times.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Has anyone in smashgaf ever make fake accounts and made up rumors for a smash game before?, dont worry ,your safe here O:

-Horizon-

One of my all time favorite game moments right there.
The game (and the trilogy in general) really knows how to mix the environment's atmosphere and the music to really get the mood right.
I consider the collector's edition as one of my best purchases I've ever made. I went in blind to the series, I only bought it because I was getting Twilight Princess for the Wii and saw it near it and thought "there are three games in here for $50, that's a good deal". Had no idea what to expect, played it, beat it a while later, absolutely no regrets.

Has anyone in smashgaf ever make fake accounts and made up rumors for a smash game before?, dont worry ,your safe here O:

No but in the Dojo days I was active on GameFAQs crusading against fake rumors and "prophets". I was like 15 and didn't really get that most of the rumors were just for fun, I was a super killjoy.

The game (and the trilogy in general) really knows how to mix the environment's atmosphere and the music to really get the mood right.
I consider the collector's edition as one of my best purchases I've ever made. I went in blind to the series, I only bought it because I was getting Twilight Princess for the Wii and saw it near it and thought "there are three games in here for $50, that's a good deal". Had no idea what to expect, played it, beat it a while later, absolutely no regrets.

You're so lucky to have it. I should have jumped on it when it was still around. I had no idea it would get so expensive.

Do you guys think Zero Suit will come back? That was probably my least favorite 'character'.

-Horizon-

Sakurai will post a group picture of every one working on the game in smash cosplay and say thank you for 15 years of success.

Or he'll post a pic of his cat.

One of the two.

-Horizon-

You're so lucky to have it. I should have jumped on it when it was still around. I had no idea it would get so expensive.

Do you guys think Zero Suit will come back? That was probably my least favorite 'character'.
I didn't expect the game to be in such high demand after a while either. Where I bought it, there were always a couple copies still on the rack which lasted for a couple of months before they were all just gone.

Oh, and I think ZSS will be back. I always like the characters that have a transformation if anything because it just makes them more different.

What if his cat is a newcomer???
It will be guaranteed to be
house
broken.

Top Bottom