• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 2: Where Pilotwings is apparently Minecraft

Bon-Clay for smash!

bonkurei_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q6alo.png

I think the guy I made that for still uses it, don't take it.

SuperSah

Banned
Man. I keep watching the trailer.

Why does it have to be so far away? And i'm sure the version i'm getting's gonna get delayed.

Need more manpower.

Well I think we'll get the Direct soon, and I hope they'll feature some new footage of Smash Bros.
Pictures are nice but it's been a while since we've seen the game moving.

Ryce

This coming week marks a month since Luigi's reveal, which was a month after Olimar's reveal. Obviously we're not guaranteed a character every four weeks, but it's something to keep in mind.

Also, assuming there are approximately 20 starting characters left to announce (15 veterans and 5 newcomers, give or take), they're going to have to start revealing more than one character a month.

Ideally, we'd get a veteran reveal on the site this week and a newcomer revealed through a Nintendo Direct later in the month.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Only SE character I'd accept is GILGAMESH.

Or a character from the Mario Sports games. Keep Kingdom Crap elsewhere. Thanks.

>:U

Golden Sun character pls

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah Sora should be in Smash. Wasn't he the most requested third party outside of Sonic and Mega Man?

But isn't he owned partially by Disney as well?

I doubt Nintendo wants to deal with them, considering the stories of how protective they are when it comes to their properties and such.

But I admit he'd be pretty cool...probably a sword user with access to the Final Fantasy magic spells like Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Aero/Cure. Maybe give him his gliding abilities too.

Kyzer

Banned
But isn't he owned partially by Disney as well?

I doubt Nintendo wants to deal with them, considering the stories of how protective they are when it comes to their properties and such.

But I admit he'd be pretty cool...probably a sword user with access to the Final Fantasy magic spells like Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Aero/Cure. Maybe give him his gliding abilities too.

Nah, I'm pretty sure Square Enix owns the assets and Characters, Disney owns the franchise. (yes, Kingdom Hearts)

And qq, it was from a japanese poll before Brawl came out, way back in the dizzy.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This coming week marks a month since Luigi's reveal, which was a month after Olimar's reveal. Obviously we're not guaranteed a character every four weeks, but it's something to keep in mind.

Also, assuming there are approximately 20 starting characters left to announce (15 veterans and 5 newcomers, give or take), they're going to have to start revealing more than one character a month.

Ideally, we'd get a veteran reveal on the site this week and a newcomer revealed through a Nintendo Direct later in the month.

I would like that and I suspected same thing. I have a feeling we will get returning character this week then couple of weeks later, we will get newcomers from direct.

Well I think we'll get the Direct soon, and I hope they'll feature some new footage of Smash Bros.
Pictures are nice but it's been a while since we've seen the game moving.

Hmm if we are lucky with the trailer.

I hope we get some good new info and shots this coming week. Last week has been one of the least informative weeks we've had in quite a while.

I felt same things but I enjoyed the pictures anyway.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Do you have a link to that? I remember people always mistaken things as rank numbers.

I remember people getting mixed up A LOT back before Brawl when it came to Sakurai's team being called Sora, and the character Sora.

Sponge

Banned
All this stuff about Mighty No. 9 is making me wonder how Capcom is feeling about it. You don't think they'd pull Mega Man from Smash out of pure anger would you?

Drago

All this stuff about Mighty No. 9 is making me wonder how Capcom is feeling about it. You don't think they'd pull Mega Man from Smash out of pure anger would you?
Well Nintendo has nothing to do with Mighty No. 9... that would just be a dick move to remove a character because of an unrelated game.

then we replace Mega Man with No. 9 :)

Berordn

Capcom probably couldn't care less since the odds that they actually had a game in development are minor to nonexistent.

NMFried

I think if for some reason we were allowed to get a Disney rep that it would be Mickey. Not that I wouldn't be 100% okay with that though.

For the record, I thoroughly enjoyed Magical Mirror and Epic Mickey.

Sponge

Banned
Capcom probably couldn't care less since the odds that they actually had a game in development are minor to nonexistent.

I mean, they still sell Mega Man's image. Even if it's mostly through things like merchandise. I don't think Capcom's big enough of a dick to get Nintendo to pull Mega Man out though.

I think if for some reason we were allowed to get a Disney rep that it would be Mickey. Not that I wouldn't be 100% okay with that though.

For the record, I thoroughly enjoyed Magical Mirror and Epic Mickey.

Isn't there some rule that the character must have originated from a video game?

SmithnCo

I don't see why, not like Nintendo has anything to do with No. 9. Plus they probably couldn't anyway because of whatever contract or legal deal they have.

Berordn

I mean, they still sell Mega Man's image. Even if it's mostly through things like merchandise. I don't think Capcom's big enough of a dick to get Nintendo to pull Mega Man out though.

Well, A) Nintendo's got nothing to do with it to begin with and B) the character design may resemble Mega Man but there's no way in hell you're going to confuse the two.

I've finally figured it out. I looked through all the code on the main website.
The Pokemon replacing Lucario is
Joltik.

He/She's its size from the Pokemon games. See, size doesn't matter. If they can put in
Joltik
, than anyone can be playable.

qq more

I've finally figured it out. I looked through all the code on the main website.
The Pokemon replacing Lucario is
Joltik.

He/She's its size from the Pokemon games. See, size doesn't matter. If they can put in
Joltik
, than anyone can be playable.

Pfft it'll be Stoutland AKA SUPER MUSTACHE DAWG

Ryce

We really need a new video. I don't even want to know how many times I've watched the Developer Direct and character trailers.

SmithnCo

I kinda wish there were still music updates, I would listen to those music snippets a ton on the dojo.

On the other hand it will be fun to discover all the music fresh when the game releases.

Top Bottom