• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
Capcom thinks its done something amazing for Dee-Jay. Meanwhile, the people who actually play him realize what kind of a negative effect the change will have.
Meanwhile, the people who don't play deejay have no problem telling people who do play him that they don't know what they are talking about and he will be fine, based on absolutely nothing. Incredibly frustrating, far more than any of the nerfs from Capcom.

I guess it'll be slide > EX sobat from now on. At least I have a faster sweep now to punish that.
That is suicide lmao

The adjustment will most likely be him using his fireball in pressure situations instead.

If, when you think about it, makes his sobat buff pretty pointless (the whole point of the buff was to encourage more use of it as a pressure tool)

stn

Wait a sec, Dhalsim doesn't have 2-hit MK anymore?
Hey bro, Combofiend here. We realized that Hugo vs. Dhalsim was a 9-1 matchup because of st. mk even though Ayano said a well-timed cr. mp could make the match easier. Instead of addressing Hugo we decided to keep Dhalsim mediocre, too. Please use red focus to make up for the fact that both characters remain bottom-tier.

EDIT: Seriously, they go and buff Yun and Yang, two characters who can wreck house with all their tools. But they keep Dhalsim somewhere in the lower bottom even though he's a character with some of the most polarizing matchups. He probably still won't be able to deal with dive kicks at all but will now have to deal with red focus.

Onemic

Hey bro, Combofiend here. We realized that Hugo vs. Dhalsim was a 9-1 matchup because of st. mk even though Ayano said a well-timed cr. mp could make the match easier. Instead of addressing Hugo we decided to keep Dhalsim mediocre, too. Please use red focus to make up for the fact that both characters remain bottom-tier.

EDIT: Seriously, they go and buff Yun and Yang, two characters who can wreck house with all their tools. But they keep Dhalsim somewhere in the lower bottom even though he's a character with some of the most polarizing matchups. He probably still won't be able to deal with dive kicks at all but will now have to deal with red focus.

yang is butt in AE2012 though

Onemic

the discussion is ultra not 2012 keep up

I know, but he said they buffed him, if this is discussion about ultra, wouldnt that mean buffing him from 2012? Even if we're talking about arcade build changes, yangs 'buff' was only that the second hit of his rekkas now hits everyone in the cast whereas at certain ranges it would whiff, like on Akuma.

Geniuzz

So, how many of you will drop their current character for another? And if you do, will you main one of the five new(er) characters or one of the existing roster?

stn

Yang wasn't crap in AE 2012. He's always had good tools, he's just lacked explosive damage. He's got a dive kick, safe mantis pressure, some solid normals, and he can DP FADC. He's good against fireballs, has good dashes, and has good pressure with meter. He just needs to rely on resets at higher levels. Doesn't make him bad, just means he needs to do more to win. He's one of the few dive kick characters, if not the only, that needs to be played honestly.

@Geniuzz

Making Dee-Jay my sub in favor of Rolento. Will also sub Rose, Akuma, and Ryu. But a majority of my time will go towards Rolento.

Blu(e)

Dropped my old mains that I've always used for Cody/Guy in AE2012 just because I've always wanted to get better at them. Going to stick with them when Ultra comes.

I know, but he said they buffed him, if this is discussion about ultra, wouldnt that mean buffing him from 2012? Even if we're talking about arcade build changes, yangs 'buff' was only that the second hit of his rekkas now hits everyone in the cast whereas at certain ranges it would whiff, like on Akuma.

yang isnt "butt" he's underused because people dont want to work. he is a solid mid tier char because they nerfed the things that made him broken coming into 2012

Geniuzz

I main Adon, but am considering returning to Sagat. Of the new characters I might pick up Rolento and really want to play Hugo, but I'm afraid I will not be that good with him.

Wunder

Just picked up Adon near the start of 2014, is he bad now? I'm liking Elena but I don't know how hard her combos will be

Threi

notag
Sticking with deejay because:

1. I wanna spite capcom (who clearly doesn't want people playing him)
2. To get people who lose to him right now because they think he's too good (its because they have no fucking mu experience) even saltier

That being said i could wind up liking poison a lot (i enjoyed using her in sfxt) and switch.

Geniuzz

Just picked up Adon near the start of 2014, is he bad now? I'm liking Elena but I don't know how hard her combos will be

Gamerbee says he is no longer viable for tournament play, but that is not the reason I want to go back to Sagat. I feel I can do more combos and have a (slightly) better grasp of how to play him.

alstein

Gamerbee says he is no longer viable for tournament play, but that is not the reason I want to go back to Sagat. I feel I can do more combos and have a (slightly) better grasp of how to play him.

Gamerbee might also be wrong. The standard for non-viability in SF tends to be pretty low. (I'd argue only a half dozen chars in AE can't win a major)

He got nerfed slightly but he is still strong. He'll probably still be around upper mid tier in ultra.

Ultra is about a week away now, can kadey post the OT now?

Really want to try out Elena/Decapre/Hugo. Might try to main Elena too.

I'm starting to think that Capcom does their balancing off of canon

So, how many of you will drop their current character for another? And if you do, will you main one of the five new(er) characters or one of the existing roster?

I won't outright drop Ibuki, but I'll mainly be focusing on Gief, Hakan and Hugo in Ultra, unless any of them turn out to be complete crap to use
like DeeJay

I won't drop Sagat unless that tiger shot nerf is really bad and I'm interested in playing poison because I liked her in sfxt. I'll still play some Cody and yun on the side as well.

Wunder

Who is Gamerbee switching to if he isn't liking Adon?

How bout dat Gat :B

The Evil Ryu army is taking applicants if anybody is interested. I welcomed Daigo and PR Rog in a while back and took Wao and Gamerbee for a tour. Be quick guys because nothing stops this train once it gets going.
Sticking with Gat, he'll be fine.

I have Rog and Bipson as backups. Even got a shitty Cody in the works.

Geniuzz

Gamerbee might also be wrong. The standard for non-viability in SF tends to be pretty low. (I'd argue only a half dozen chars in AE can't win a major)

I understand that, and I will most likely have Adon in my arsenal. It's just that I have developed some nasty bad habits ever since the vanilla days and I thought Ultra would be a good time to start from scratch. Whether or not a character is tournament viable has never influenced my decision, as I am not a tournament player.

Masamuna

I haven't touched Makoto in a few months because I've been trying to learn Juri. Once word got out that Axe kick was -3 there was an urge to never go back but it quickly passed. I miss having 8 billion active frames on everything so I can never not play her. That and her beefed up mid stage game is something I can wait to tinker with.

I'd love to play elena, possibly Yun because why not.

Mœbius

I'll be sticking with my current mains: Makoto & Akuma.

Taking suggestions for one of the new cast to pick-up (non-charge character); I like burst damage characters sooo I guess that'll just be Rolento then...? His play style from what I've seen looks pretty boring though - pretty much the same as in SFxT - can someone enlighten me?

(Although saying that I was thinking of trying out Dudley or Gouken from the existing cast.)

GG's PassAss. I was going to say "last one" but my game froze on me after our last match. Since you probably won't be on either console I guess I won't see your derpness for another 2 months. Practice up on reacting to DWU so I'll be forced to deal with that kunai pressure when USF4 finally comes out on PC.

GG's PassAss. I was going to say "last one" but my game froze on me after our last match. Since you probably won't be on either console I guess I won't see your derpness for another 2 months. Practice up on reacting to DWU so I'll be forced to deal with that kunai pressure when USF4 finally comes out on PC.

:[ maybe if you go to evo though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom