• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zon

Rocky_Balboa said:
If you would have the chance of getting someone kicked out from a professional gamer organization, would you do it? ...

Do it. Little shits like that need a reality check.

edit: Holy crap, this guy is 30 years old. :lol

gutabo

Wiseblade said:
Do it. I don't want go to anything with him there.
Hey man, great games yesterday. Had a hard time timing the late buttslams with the lag :( It's ok tho, looking forward to play you and Kiun and Jam86 again soon!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corcyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

I thought you were on PSN, now we can't play ;_;

GeekyDad

Rocky_Balboa said:
If you would have the chance of getting someone kicked out from a professional gamer organization, would you do it? ...

:lol Such drama!

I'm not sure which I'd be more offended by -- his over-the-top, offensive speech or the grammar.

I remember getting my first hate mail or two when doing PvP in Demon's Souls, and I was really taken aback. It never really occurred to me that people would get that upset over losing in a game. Sure, I often curse and yell the moment I lose, but it's usually in good fun, like watching a sports game. I just can't imagine stalking someone over a fucking game. Crazy shit, man.

Wiseblade said:
The same goes to Bison players fadcing blocked scissors if you ask me. The only reason they should be doing that IMO is if they did an unsafe move, actually hit you with something or want to go for a surprise throw.
Um... corner pressure...

Rocky_Balboa said:

Just let him be. It seems the game means a lot more to him that to you...and doing so would probably devastate him.

I am sure he learned his lesson from the whole youtube thing.

vg260

Rocky_Balboa said:

People who act like that are pathetic and need to learn that it's just a game and that sort of behavior is intolerable. People like that give gamers a bad name, ruin the online experience for everyone, and especially don't deserve backing from a professional organization. Do it.

bigmit3737 said:
Just let him be. It seems the game means a lot more to him that to you...and doing so would probably devastate him.

I am sure he learned his lesson from the whole youtube thing.

I doubt it. Go ahead. If it devastates him, good. It's a lesson he deserves to be taught.

G0DLIKE said:
Nice Dhalsim MicVlaD. I try with that motherfucker, but I just can't figure him out.
Thanks. Yeah, he can take a while to get used to, but I'd say that has more to do with general match-up knowledge rather than execution. Not that my game is flawless, far from it...

Rocky_Balboa said:
I'd say that'd be taking things too far (two weeks after the fact no less), even for hate messages like that. You already exposed 'em on YouTube, so just leave it at that if this can't be settled privately.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Rocky_Balboa said:

Do it.

Also sorry for not letting sending you an invite out. Was playing with a fairly new guy and your beatings would have put him off the game for life :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ibuki's cl. st. hk is such a sweet anti-air. Even on trade it can still be juggled into her kick uppercut for 220 damage, or into cr. hp super jump cancel into reset. On hit it can be juggled into super jump cancel ex shurikens if you want to play keep-away, OR super jump cancel SUPER for over 440 damage.

Holy shit, eventually i'm going to be owning people with this character. I'm creating a guide for myself and I already have 2 pages done just on her anti-air options.

Chaplain

Kadey said:
2qjefcy.jpg

We are near the very end! Finals are set. Gutabo took a chill pill and let his buddies take over last night defeating Team Blast 3-1.

Congrats to all teams making it this far. Now things are even more interesting.

Team Cobra Kai will face Team Arturo puts GAF on Blast.

Team Justin Wong's Hair Club for Men will face Team Barbie Girl.

Which two teams will enter the final arena for the top prize?

We have reached the point where matches are now double elimination. Players will have to work twice as hard to defeat their opponents.

Good luck to everyone!

When is the next tournament?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rocky_Balboa said:

Do it. That dude is a douchebag and him and his friends are stalking you online.

Wiseblade

6zrm7r.jpg

lvl 2 Focus attack, 8 fierces and a slide! I'm back! A new personal best too.

While we're on the subject: Fuertes of GAF, what are your RSF records?

dragonballjoseph said:
Um... corner pressure...

I'm talking about in the middle of the screen. The push is pretty decent, but I know I wouldn't spend two bars for some knockback and scissor chip.

gutabo said:
Hey man, great games yesterday. Had a hard time timing the late buttslams with the lag :( It's ok tho, looking forward to play you and Kiun and Jam86 again soon!

Yesterday? That was this morning!

GGs, the lag bugged me a bit too, that missed RSF in the final match left me a little salty. Major props to Eissan and axis, people made out the rest of you team to be pushovers, but they're no joke.

Axis

Wiseblade said:
Yesterday? That was this morning!

GGs, the lag bugged me a bit too, that missed RSF in the final match left me a little salty. Major props to Eissan and axis, people made out the rest of you team to be pushovers, but they're no joke.

i have soooo many problems with fuerte/balrog....taking a round off your fuerte was more than i expected going in lol

fuck to whoever invented abels last trial, that shit took forever, i want to kill him.

also nice to watch YT vids where people go through trials like this: ready go.....3 secs later.....success!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Axis

i haven't had a problem with people quitting until tonight....4 times someone's dropped out when they're about to lose...what's the fucking point? to feel better about themselves? so disappointed

shantyman said:
Which character trial is the "easiest" to complete?

Generally charge and grapple characters are pretty easy. Balrog, Vega and Bison are all pretty quick, along with T Hawk and Hakan. Ibuki, dudley and guy are mainly focused around target combos which are pretty easy to do

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Ugh...

Had a depressing night last night. It's clear I stand no chance against people who have their focus attack game down. I'm just not comfortable enough with the basics at this point to pull that stuff off in the heat of battle. Whenever I fight someone who is even remotely adept at using well-timed focus stuff I get utterly destroyed. :\

140.85 said:
Ugh...

Had a depressing night last night. It's clear I stand no chance against people who have their focus attack game down. I'm just not comfortable enough with the basics at this point to pull that stuff off in the heat of battle. Whenever I fight someone who is even remotely adept at using well-timed focus stuff I get utterly destroyed. :\

Play Ibuki :)

Wiseblade said:
I'm talking about in the middle of the screen. The push is pretty decent, but I know I wouldn't spend two bars for some knockback and scissor chip.
You can do at least 4 scissors with using one FADC from mid screen, so you can get your opponent really close to the corner.

zlatko

Banned
Capcom must really hate the community. I mean they add in those shortcut motions to make it more accessible to noobs, yet they go pull a 180 and add in El Fuerte's Trial 24. I mean for the love of God Capcom. I don't have the money to go get expensive Coke or Meth to pull this off. I can get it to the second punch here and there, and once I had a run going right after the second punch that I cancelled but the hard punch didn't connect for the third.

I did wrap up 12 characters' trials total though, including Abel. I believe people said one of his supposed to be hard, but I had a breeze with most and only took a bit longer on trial 24.

Wiseblade said:
http://i47.tinypic.com/6zrm7r.jpg[IMG]

lvl 2 Focus attack, [B]8[/B] fierces and a slide! I'm back! A new personal best too.

While we're on the subject: Fuertes of GAF, what are your RSF records?
[/QUOTE]

10 hits plus a slide. I don't think I'd be able to pull that off in a real match though.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
_dementia said:
Tony Hawk
Haha, this made me chuckle. On a similar vein, what does the 'M' stand for with Dictator?
Originally intended as a piss-take of Mike Tison in Japan, right? My pals and I always believed he was Montgomery Bison.

And on a somewhat related note, here are some other fun names for characters:

Cry-u / Dry-u (FADC > Ultra)
Saku-rilege (blasphemy)
Hakan't (use in a variety of sentences for everlasting comedy)
Abell-end (English equivalent of 'dickhead')
Crimson Diaper (dark! Use with caution!)
Dyson (because he sucks)

I'm sure there are many, many more. Please indulge me with your own!

Degen said:
yeeeah I'm about done with this game. Can't do it. Blazblue, Tekken, 'calibur, no problem. This... naw, son.
Lucky you. I realized somewhat recently I'm just bad at games in general.

Maybe I should just focus on other things in life like getting into shape and traveling the world, or something.

Chorazin

I gotta get back on the SSFIV horse. Got Blur this week and just haven't had the drive to get my ass kicked a bunch in SSFIV.

Besides, my GF loves Blur, so watching her play online is so much fun! She simply shoots for "not last."

Degen

Dementia, I think you made my SSF4 avatar and I just switched it to a Blazblue one out of frustration. it was a good run :lol

But that's dangerous talk, traveling & such. There are volcanoes out there.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Alucrid said:
Yeah. I just tried playing a few games and everything was off, it was horrible. :|

same, I've gone from atleast a 75ish% winrate while trying to learn seth to like 2% ._.

Whats with everyone having a shitty night? I did great last night even when I was playing silhouette mode.

(ill explain it now to save time)

Silhouette Mode Official Rules

First match Both players Random
Winner Must use Loser's character next match
Challenger Must random.

AkumaHokoru said:
Whats with everyone having a shitty night? I did great last night even when I was playing silhouette mode.

(ill explain it now to save time)

Silhouette Mode Official Rules

First match Both players Random
Winner Must use Loser's character next match
Challenger Must random.

XCOPY

explodet

LOL yeah, last night was a rough one for me because of the matches I was having. For every 10 matches it was 2 squashes, 1 humiliating defeat, 1 semi-close games that I won, and 6 really close games that I lost by a hair. I'm back down to 400PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom