• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey said:
Team Justin Wong's hair club for men defeats Team Trix 3-0

Akuma! Da hell!? I told you, you guys would lose and it wasn't even to Saqs. Chun Li >Juri

Hey now, even though it was 3-0, it was actually pretty competitive :( Even the matches against Saqs weren't complete blowouts. The matches should be pretty entertaining if they're uploaded.

I was feeling pretty good about the match going in. I knew Saqs had beasted on me quite a bit in the past, but it was mostly due to me doing stupid shit and falling for his U1 setups over and over like a fool. I thought if he picked U2, it'd actually be for my benefit since in theory, Viper has more options to deal with that than a lot of characters. But I ended up doing stupid shit anyway and dying to it :lol

Relix ain't not slouch either. His Chun is pretty beast.

Also, folks clown on Akuma a bit, but dude's pretty solid. He's not on the level of some people in the tourney (Eva, Saqs, etc), but he has one of the most solid Juris I've played.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lost Fragment said:
Hey now, even though it was 3-0, it was actually pretty competitive :( Even the matches against Saqs weren't complete blowouts. The matches should be pretty entertaining if they're uploaded.

I was feeling pretty good about the match going in. I knew Saqs had beasted on me quite a bit in the past, but it was mostly due to me doing stupid shit and falling for his U1 setups over and over like a fool. I thought if he picked U2, it'd actually be for my benefit since in theory, Viper has more options to deal with that than a lot of characters. But I ended up doing stupid shit anyway and dying to it :lol

Relix ain't not slouch either. His Chun is pretty beast.

Also, folks clown on Akuma a bit, but dude's pretty solid. He's not on the level of some people in the tourney (Eva, Saqs, etc), but he has one of the most solid Juris I've played.

My heart was with you guys but my mind was with Saqs, noticed I said Saqs and not Saq's team. I knew Relix was good but I didn't think he could take on your Viper and Kumie's Juri. Saq is on another level with Rose, best in the U.S I'd say.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Heavy's Sandvich said:
I'm definitely out of my depth here.

Naruto hasn't really infiltrated over here in London.

That and One Piece is like what DBZ used to be among the little boys and even grown up men. I swear I used to hang around people arguing who is stronger in DBZ. It was stupid because they ended up fighting for real.

Kadey said:
That and One Piece is like what DBZ used to be among the little boys and even grown up men. I swear I used to hang around people arguing who is stronger in DBZ. It was stupid because they ended up fighting for real.
whoa. you can knock me but dont get at one piece.

Also I've always had trouble with chun. I dont react quite fast enough.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AkumaHokoru said:
whoa. you can knock me but dont get at one piece.

Also I've always had trouble with chun. I dont react quite fast enough.

What? From what I saw, I like One Piece. Especially the Zoro guy. I like his story.

So do you want 1600 points or what?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey said:
Saq is on another level with Rose, best in the U.S I'd say.

Yeah, definitely. Saqs is the guy to beat on their team. Relix can hang too though. You either underestimate his Chun or overestimate my Viper. Probably both :)

Kadey said:
What? From what I saw, I like One Piece. Especially the Zoro guy. I like his story.

So do you want 1600 points or what?
sure why not. (I also recall asking 50 times why was I an emperor to begin with so the jokes on you sister :p)

One Piece is a really good series there is a reason its constantly top 10 in sales. and by top ten i mean like 6 of the slots belong to one piece including all of top 3

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AkumaHokoru said:
sure why not. (I also recall asking 50 times why was I an emperor to begin with so the jokes on you sister :p)

One Piece is a really good series there is a reason its constantly top 10 in sales. and by top ten i mean like 6 of the slots belong to one piece including all of top 3

I saw a Japanese name and was like "damn, he must be gldlike."

Anyways, check PMs. You can spend it on whatever you want. Including that Blanka alt. :)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
iqeyo4.jpg

Threi

notag
huh after fighting AZ Greg I faced another (Good) Vega and tore through him...guess all that beasting makes you learn some things about the matchup :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lost Fragment said:
Yeah, definitely. Saqs is the guy to beat on their team. Relix can hang too though. You either underestimate his Chun or overestimate my Viper. Probably both :)

:lol Minutes before the fight I was thinking... crap, I am practically even against Fragment and I've never played Akuma. This will be bad. =P. Especially when I jumped it sure I was about to go 2v3. Really. My mind was absolutely set on that. I had the mindset of "take them all or die trying" so when Saqs finally appeared LITERALLY a minute before we began I feltl a big relief. Really, he's the best on the team, though I've made it my task to make sure he doesn't get to play at all, a feat I've done in 2 out of 5 sets already :lol . I also have to go through an adjustment period to get used to a play style and lag quirks so that bit me in the ass in our first match. By the second match I was set to beat you, especially the way I screwed up at the end of our first match costing me the victory made me go all out =P. I had never played Akuma nor a good Juri for that matter so a few things surprised me, but by the second match I knew how to work around her stuff.

Great matches really, we were mostly even but Saqs definitely helped tip it to our favor at the end. I am still waiting for Black Vegeta to get him to record matches. =P.

Relix said:
:lol Minutes before the fight I was thinking... crap, I am practically even against Fragment and I've never played Akuma. This will be bad. =P. Especially when I jumped it sure I was about to go 2v3. Really. My mind was absolutely set on that. I had the mindset of "take them all or die trying" so when Saqs finally appeared LITERALLY a minute before we began I feltl a big relief. Really, he's the best on the team, though I've made it my task to make sure he doesn't get to play at all, a feat I've done in 2 out of 5 sets already :lol . I also have to go through an adjustment period to get used to a play style and lag quirks so that bit me in the ass in our first match. By the second match I was set to beat you, especially the way I screwed up at the end of our first match costing me the victory made me go all out =P. I had never played Akuma nor a good Juri for that matter so a few things surprised me, but by the second match I knew how to work around her stuff.

Great matches really, we were mostly even but Saqs definitely helped tip it to our favor at the end. I am still waiting for Black Vegeta to get him to record matches. =P.
Keep away chun > Juri. period. its so hard to get in on a chun who is backing off.. its the 3rd most frustrating after Blanka and rush down cammy

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AkumaHokoru said:
Keep away chun > Juri. period. its so hard to get in on a chun who is backing off.. its the 3rd most frustrating after Blanka and rush down cammy

Actually my playing style is rush down* all the way, but since it was an important match and I had to be more defensive I decided to keep away. Trust me, I hate playing that way. I prefer to be all over you =P.

*Did this with Fragment but also tried to mix things by being defensive.

Relix said:
Actually my playing style is rush down* all the way, but since it was an important match and I had to be more defensive I decided to keep away. Trust me, I hate playing that way. I prefer to be all over you =P.

*Did this with Fragment but also tried to mix things by being defensive.
you tried that the first match. once i got used to it i punished it you tried to switch to keep away at the end but it was too late. the second match you kept her out and its like...fuck. cant. get. in.

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
wtf i'm fucking terrible at this game :(

ggs godhand, panda, hito, floyd, dudes with numbers in their names, etc.
tell me about it...I'm starting to realize that im only slightly above flowchart in this game, and not getting any better.

FindMyFarms said:
Dementia, you must believe in yourself.

Believe.

Get some internetz dawg, I want to see your new stuff :D

We haven't played in a loooooooooooong ass time, you and Galactic were the first people to annihilate me in this game :lol

Killa Sasa said:
Get some internetz dawg, I want to see your new stuff :D

We haven't played in a loooooooooooong ass time, you and Galactic were the first people to annihilate me in this game :lol

All you need to know is that Timedog scraped me in a Ft10 :lol :lol

zlatko

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:
you tried that the first match. once i got used to it i punished it you tried to switch to keep away at the end but it was too late. the second match you kept her out and its like...fuck. cant. get. in.

I like how everyone is giving mad props to Relix and Saqs.(Which they deserve for sure) But hey if you saw my pre-lim vid compared to my semi's vids you'd see a good improvement. Less combo dropping, stupid jump ins, random ultras. Heck I even brought it to the wire with Cammy. OH! I also to my surprise did NOT get perfected by your Juri which to me was like :O.

I guess I'll have to step it up even more in the finals. Pull out some FADC into a 14+ hit combo string of doom! DOOM I say DOOM! My favorite moment so far from the tourney though was when Balrog did his Ultra, I blocked it, did mine, got blocked, and barely made it out alive with ex zonk. I think I peed a little when it happened. :lol

Okay, I'm really feeling myself right now. I just took down a Rawg that had a huge life advantage over my Chun. I tried to catch him off guard with my super and ultra in the round, but he blocked both. So it was basically me with no meter vs a Rawg with around 65% health and me around 15% from full screen. Did a lot of over head pressure and a full force rush down. Made him waste all his meter too. ^_^

I also double perfected a Rose with my Rawg. ^_^

MIMIC

Banned
Bison can juggle into Ultra 2? That is total bullshit. At least the Ultra 1 juggle wasn't exactly easy and I think I've had it done on me ONCE in Vanilla.

I was in Endless Battle watching some Bison play and my mouth dropped when he did it. Couldn't believe it. Then he did that shit on me and won (next match we played, I refused to jump when he had active, beat him and he left....typical. But I digress....)

I tested it out in training mode and you can just straight up mash it out; there is absolutely ZERO timing required. "(Jump) MP 2x > *START MASHING ULTRA 2*" WTF. Even Ryu's air MP to Ultra requires just a LITTLE bit of timing. Bison's? WAY too damn easy.

Also, didn't know that Balrog can headbutt trade and still land Ultra. Saw it happen to some guy in a match I was watching. But how often does that happen? =p

Fake edit: The juggle is in one of his trials....obviously didn't occur to me then. heh. IIRC, most if not all of the characters' juggles into Ultra require SOME kind of timing. Bison's is just entirely too easy to land, IMO.

explodet

Ugh, lost to my first Ken, and by 1 sliver of life.
Lost lots of "1 sliver of life" matches tonight. None in my favor, sadly. No blowouts, which is a good thing I suppose :p

MIMIC said:
Bison can juggle into Ultra 2? That is total bullshit. At least the Ultra 1 juggle wasn't exactly easy and I think I've had it done on me ONCE in Vanilla.

I was in Endless Battle watching some Bison play and my mouth dropped when he did it. Couldn't believe it. Then he did that shit on me and won (next match we played, I refused to jump when he had active, beat him and he left....typical. But I digress....)

I tested it out in training mode and you can just straight up mash it out; there is absolutely ZERO timing required. "(Jump) MP 2x > *START MASHING ULTRA 2*" WTF. Even Ryu's air MP to Ultra requires just a LITTLE bit of timing. Bison's? WAY too damn easy.

Also, didn't know that Balrog can headbutt trade and still land Ultra. Saw it happen to some guy in a match I was watching. But how often does that happen? =p

Fake edit: The juggle is in one of his trials....obviously didn't occur to me then. heh. IIRC, most if not all of the characters' juggles into Ultra require SOME kind of timing. Bison's is just entirely too easy to land, IMO.
Eh?
Also, P'd on a high ranking Abel with my Sakura. ^_^

vocab

MIMIC said:

Bison ultra 1 juggle is easy, it's just the inevitable teleport command you'll get by accident. Ultra 2 juggle is brainless on juggle because you can just mash it if you want to.

zlatko said:
I like how everyone is giving mad props to Relix and Saqs.(Which they deserve for sure) But hey if you saw my pre-lim vid compared to my semi's vids you'd see a good improvement. Less combo dropping, stupid jump ins, random ultras. Heck I even brought it to the wire with Cammy. OH! I also to my surprise did NOT get perfected by your Juri which to me was like :O.

I guess I'll have to step it up even more in the finals. Pull out some FADC into a 14+ hit combo string of doom! DOOM I say DOOM! My favorite moment so far from the tourney though was when Balrog did his Ultra, I blocked it, did mine, got blocked, and barely made it out alive with ex zonk. I think I peed a little when it happened. :lol

I am far too reckless to get perfects -lol-

gutabo

I have to share my happiness with the rest of the world, Team Cobra Kai defeats Team Blast 3-1!!!
GGs Team Blast! Great job & congrats to my team, Axis and Eissan stepped up to the challenge! I'm a happy man again!

Cowie

Haven't played/cared in a longass time. Having fun with Sakura tonight, oddly enough.

And, okay. This is a pet peeve of mine, but I guess I should phrase it as a question to be safe. Ryus- is it honestly worth wasting two of your ex to fadc and continue your blockstring? Especially when, realistically, you're just going to get one more hadouken worth of chip damage? Is the chance that I won't block your cr.mk > fireball this time worth blowing two bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom